What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

you ppl are the one who rant nearly on every thread on PDF not me.

I just caught what you ppl lie about brahmos being 500 km missile.
Ria Novosti reported the news not us.

Your official company site is lying then? and please don't bring the crap of site being not updated.
official website even reporting that submarine version of brahmos is yet to be tested. so? everyone knows that it was tested last year. anyway would you say same for jf17 radar which you guys claim to be tweaked based on someone's blog but no such claim on website? these websites are not very up to date is all I can say.

official website even reporting that submarine version of brahmos is yet to be tested. so? everyone knows that it was tested last year. anyway would you say same for jf17 radar which you guys claim to be tweaked based on someone's blog but no such claim on website? these websites are not very up to date is all I can say.

Really, if those sites are not up to date then why you people ask for link for confirmation? as many important info is never available on media.

Your official company site is lying then? and please don't bring the crap of site being not updated.
Kid do you have idea about MTCR rule? ?? what is the range of JF 17 radar and M5 radar ??

Really, if those sites are not up to date then why you people ask for link for confirmation? as many important info is never available on media.
sorry buy here it's you who is bragging about links.

Kid do you have idea about MTCR rule? ?? what is the range of JF 17 radar and M5 radar ??

Kid I have, but your people don't seem to have knowledge, they think it only applies on Pakistan and they can work around that treaty and get longer range missile.

Pakistan have also done the same as per some of your people on this thread as it is said that Pakistan got its missile tech from China & N. Korea.

sorry buy here it's you who is bragging about links.

I just showed you the picture which you people try to show us on majority of threads on PDF.

you ppl are the one who rant nearly on every thread on PDF not me.

I just caught what you ppl lie about brahmos being 500 km missile.
missile range will vary according to payload
We stick to 290 due to international rules

Hasinaye in INS Hansa :smitten:

10606469_822675511098711_4530208691953817059_n.jpg

1507432_822534224446173_4470600623043681142_o.jpg

The Soviet MI-4 Helicopter

It was in 1964, that five naval pilots, Lieutenant (later Vice Admiral) H. Johnson, Lieutenant (later Commodore) M.P. Wadhawan, Lieutenant (later Commodore) V. Ravindranath, Lieutenant (later Commander) S.R. Debgupta and Lieutenant (later Commander) P. Jha, started flying a Soviet-gifted MI-4 helicopter for the Thumba rocket-launching range.

This helicopter was assigned the task of carrying out surveillance of the sea areas off Thumba in Kerala, prior to the launching of rockets.

@Lil Mathew @spectribution AND for everyone who had doubts about the Kolkata's fitment.

The article below was written by Chacko sahib after he got the walk around of the ship itself along with other journalists as it was being readied for its commissioning on the 16th, the details were gleaned directly from the IN officer present. Oh and, ya, ONLY 32 LR-SAM, NO Barak-1, AND NO ON BOARD SPARE ROUNDS FOR RELOAD OR ALL OF THAT SKULDUGGERY ABOUT RELOAD SYSTEMS!

Indian Navy to induct INS Kolkata P-15A class destroyer on 16th August 2014 | Frontier India

@Lil Mathew @spectribution AND for everyone who had doubts about the Kolkata's fitment.

The article below was written by Chacko sahib after he got the walk around of the ship itself along with other journalists as it was being readied for its commissioning on the 16th, the details were gleaned directly from the IN officer present. Oh and, ya, ONLY 32 LR-SAM, NO Barak-1, AND NO ON BOARD SPARE ROUNDS FOR RELOAD OR ALL OF THAT SKULDUGGERY ABOUT RELOAD SYSTEMS!

Indian Navy to induct INS Kolkata P-15A class destroyer on 16th August 2014 | Frontier India

the link is showing no results

the link is showing no results

Quite right, dunno why.

Indian Navy to induct INS Kolkata P-15A class destroyer on 16th August 2014
August 14, 2014 by P. Chacko Joseph Leave a Comment

Mumbai: Indian Navy is all set to induct its latest and most modern destroyer, the first of the P-15 A class, INS Kolkata (D 63) on 16th August. The 7500 ton ship is scheduled to be inducted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Naval Dock in Mumbai.

Manufactured by the Defence Public Sector unit, Mazagon Docks Ltd, Mumbai, the ship has an approximate 80% Indian content. Most of the radar and weapon systems, which are of foreign origin, are now being manufactured in India. This includes BEL/Signaal RAWL-02 (PLN 517) air search radar, BEL Aparna – a modified Garpun-Bal FC radar for launch of Surface to Surface Missile, Ellora EW, Humsa NG Bow Mounted Sonar, BEL Nagin active towed sonar – under development, Russian origin Indian made AK 630 close in Weapons System (CIWS) and 76mm main gun with 16 Kilometers and above range. The ship has already test fired a Russian – Indian Brahmos Missile and the Indo-Israeli Barak-8 Surface to Air Missile is scheduled to be tested shortly. There are 2 × 16-cell VLS units for Barak-8 and L&T made 2× 8-cell UVLM for 16 BrahMos anti-ship and land-attack missiles. The ship does not carry addition Barak-8 missiles refills and there are no plans for Barak-1 missiles to be deployed from the ship. For anti Submarine measures, the ship carries 2 RBU-6000 units and four torpedo launchers for Russian made torpedoes.

http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/INS-Kolkata.jpg

IAI EL/M-2248 MF-STAR AESA multi-function radar, Consilium navigation Radar – based on the Consilium Selux radar, Engines and Boilers are among the imported content. The Orbit Communication system and GSAT-7 or the Rukmini satellite terminal are commercial installations.

The ship has two hangars for helicopters.

The ship is yet to be integrated to Western naval Fleet and is expected only after weapons trials. The ship trials are already over.

Two more ships of the same class are in making at Mazagon Docks Ltd and are scheduled to be delivered by next year. All Scorpène-class submarine hulls have been manufactured and the first handover is scheduled by end of 2016. The naval dock has already begun work on the P-15B class of ships.

I did not said that we know MKIs, I said that we can acquire MKKs or 11Bs in emergency as our F-16s elite pilots have plenty hours under their belt flying those.
I am not sure if you know how many hrs of flight time and tactic building is needed to deploy a combat aircraft in and active role.

Back
Top Bottom