What's new

Indian PM & Chinese PM - Back-to-back visits to boost India-China ties

1.Hope this CBM will include Arunachal Pradesh as well.Indian media goes hyper on this topic very often,which does not leave a good impression on Indians about its North Eastern neighbor at all.

2.Afghanistan is going to play a major factor.The Chinese will certainly wont want any extremism on this strategically important country putting its closest ally in great dilemma.

So yeah, we are only looking for a good defence, that IMO is more than fair.

Being friendly doesn't mean you have to give up your defence?

We were friendly with the Soviet Union during the Cold War, but still we built up massive military forces on the Soviet border. And they did the same with us.

Defences should always be built up no matter what.

It really confuses me when people say that less tension between China and India is a bad thing because it will make India stop building up their military. But why the Hell would any major country stop building up their military in the first place?

Strange thinking.

I don't think, India and China are threat against each others. we have only small problems left and we will never going to war against each others.. now, time is change the history and show the worlds............ we are not enemy..

I don't think, India and China are threat against each others. we have only small problems left and we will never going to war against each others.. now, time is change the history and show the worlds............ we are not enemy..

The Himalayas are the highest mountain range in the world.

This kind of terrain prevents supply lines from being reliably made across the Himalayas. Not to mention that the supply lines will be a major target in times of conflict.

It makes no sense to fight a war when you can't maintain supply lines.

And all of our major concerns are in the Pacific anyway (Diaoyutai, Japan, Taiwan and SCS). Not in the Himalayas.

Being friendly doesn't mean you have to give up your defence?

We were friendly with the Soviet Union during the Cold War, but still we built up massive military forces on the Soviet border. And they did the same with us.

Defences should always be built up no matter what.

It really confuses me when people say that less tension between China and India is a bad thing because it will make India stop building up their military. But why the Hell would any major country stop building up their military in the first place?

Strange thinking.

Yes, we should not give up on building defence. That is a argument only countries like US and Pakistan will find favour with.

Anyways, what is important is that all the chest thumping and jingoistic talk in Indian media is not reflected by the offcial statements and as China understands is not the Indian mouthpiece. Our country was young when it made mistakes but things have chnaged and its heartening to see that India's foregin policy gets hardly effected by internal politics.

Today, Television media's are doing only business and nothing more. they are just making and selling news for TRP.

Yes, Nation security is most important for every country and they should do and prepare, whatever need to do..

Now, Indian officers (indian army/airforce/navy) never talk about Pakistan but they talk about China.. Sometimes I feel, it's not bad if we focusing on superior power than us. it will help for us and if country have some power than other countries respects u better.

If u strong enough than it is also play very critical role in Friendship and also avoid wars..........

I guess the next decade will be watershed in India China history. India being Li's first visit abroad shows the how much China values good relations with India. Both are moving slowly away from 1962 and are concentrating on future.

I guess the next decade will be watershed in India China history. India being Li's first visit abroad shows the how much China values good relations with India. Both are moving slowly away from 1962 and are concentrating on future.

True enough. :tup:

Don't we both have enough of our own problems anyway? And there is a lot to be gained from cooperation, not only on Economy but on more strategic issues like Afghanistan.

@Chinese-Dragon Any idea as to what China's views on the upcoming scenario in Afghanistan is? Will China back Pakistan if it tries another Taliban annexation of Af?

The Taliban are no more than terrorists, they even blew up those Buddha statues for no reason at all.

No sane person wants the Taliban back in power in Afghanistan.

You think they won't blow up Chinese investments too? We aren't even "people of the book" like Christians and Jews are, we are either atheists or polytheists (idol worshippers).

And we all know how much they like Buddhist idols and statues. "Idolators" is the word they use for us I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
self delete

The Taliban are no more than terrorists, they even blew up those Buddha statues for no reason at all.

No sane person wants the Taliban back in power in Afghanistan.

You think they won't blow up Chinese investments too? We aren't even "people of the book" like Christians and Jews are, we are either atheists or polytheists (idol worshippers).

And we know how much they like Buddhist statues.

Ya but Pakistan controls Taliban and China has great leverage over Pakistan, so wouldn't China be able to get Pak to protect its interests even if the Taliban comes to power?

Ya but Pakistan controls Taliban and China has great leverage over Pakistan, so wouldn't China be able to get Pak to protect its interests even if the Taliban comes to power?

Man you think we control everything? Just take a look at North Korea to see how much "control" really exists.

We aren't "America f*ck yeah!" We don't/can't control other countries on a whim.

America arguably has more leverage over Pakistan since their military has set up base there. We just aspire to have more leverage, but soldiers on the ground count for more.

I'm sure people in Pakistan will be following this visit with their ears open though this visit is not going to change things much overnight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom