What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's apples and oranges because unlike the rest of the world that value railroads for transportation vehicle, India regard railways as symbol of British creation of India. So expand the railroads expand this legacy.

Well blondes would take offence to you using a blonde's pic. If they could come to this page and read your post. You know it too.

Pls remove her photo. It's not civilized.

That is what I am saying. This thread raises some valid questions about the state of Indian infrastructure. People grow when they admit their mistakes and overcome them, but we have some uncouth Indian trolls who believe in derailing every discussion.
There are similar conceited Chinese netizens in our own forums too. When 2011 train collision happened in Wenzhou, a lot of those sort of people even blamed some signal machines from abroad and believed in conspiracy theories. But they would be just forgotten and no need to even read their comments. If we were all like them, there would be train accidents in China every year.

In Chinese forums, I dare to say a lot of our drawbacks like we don't have similar suburban railway systems like Tokyo and Osaka(Chinese railway is never responsible for local commuters from downtown to suburban areas but for long-distance travels) . Some people will say I was a traitor and surrendered to Japanese militarism. And I also introduce like Mumbai's suburban rail to the forum, notwithstanding it is a little filthy and dangerous, we can learn how to manage a suburban network which carries thousands of commuters everyday.
Cheers!

Privatization is a must. Unlimited funds and lack of accountability means sarkari will remain third-class.

No need DMRC is public & look how efficient it is what IR needs is Decentralization

There are similar conceited Chinese netizens in our own forums too. When 2011 train collision happened in Wenzhou, a lot of those sort of people even blamed some signal machines from abroad and believed in conspiracy theories. But they would be just forgotten and no need to even read their comments. If we were all like them, there would be train accidents in China every year.

In Chinese forums, I dare to say a lot of our drawbacks like we don't have similar suburban railway systems like Tokyo and Osaka(Chinese railway is never responsible for local commuters from downtown to suburban areas but for long-distance travels) . Some people will say I was a traitor and surrendered to Japanese militarism. And I also introduce like Mumbai's suburban rail to the forum, notwithstanding it is a little filthy and dangerous, we can learn how to manage a suburban network which carries thousands of commuters everyday.
Cheers!

See we can learn many things from each other
No need to unnssearly troll each other

The pics you are putting up here is incredible. Tell me one thing honestly, is every station in China this advanced and modern or select few cities? Even if its exclusive these stations look world-class. I hope sooner rather than later Indian railways upgrade their railways like they are doing the airports.

Excellent pics.

Not every station is as futuristic and massive as these. Stations for regular rail are considerably less glamorous and won't win any architectural awards. However, the cleanliness and orderliness remain the same.

That said, the high-speed rail stations are simply superb, and there are dozens of them either built, being built or planned. They are massive and designed to be integrated with public transport.

Cheers!

Railways are the lifeline of Indian economy. So the public will use railways no matter how appalling and depressing the service is, because they have no other choice.

Mumbai is a huge city. In geographical and population size it would be one of world's biggest. People have to travel very very very long distances every day to their office. Traffic Jams are a notorious problem and hence local trains are the best possible alternative. And even their there are problems.

I won't say railways in India is absolute disaster, but it is definitely under-performing and a LOT needs to be desired. An efficient railways is good for the country and the economy, but some fools don't listen.

Not every station is as futuristic and massive as these. Stations for regular rail are considerably less glamorous and won't win any architectural awards. However, the cleanliness and orderliness remain the same.

That said, all the high-speed rail stations are simply superb, and there are dozens of them either built, being built or planned. They are massive and designed to be integrated with public transport.

Man, the Chinese railway stations will give Indian airports a complex. India has got a lot of catching up to do.

Cheers!

Hey Andrew, same here.

We have our problems, but we are going at the pace we can right now.

I belong to your activity. What you do in Chinese forums, I am doing it here, right now. can't see that ? Hey, not my problem.

And Mumbai coaches made in China imported by Reliance ?

New coaches :

BpglUpECQAAbh_h1_1938372f.jpg

In rainy season :

mumbai-metro.jpg

03mumbai-metro1.jpg

Mumbai metro, coaches made in China.

I disapprove this purchase. Nothing to do with China. I repeat nothing to do with China. To clarify,it has to do with Chinese manufacturers with low quality products.
At the same price we could have bought Japanese or any other coaches. We make coaches.

We make our coaches. Let's make them at home even at private enterprises. Let's not cut corners and buy shady quality products from China and suffer in the long run.

Quality control is the key.

Last edited:
We are nothing in front of China......And that's the real truth.......:(

The ticket is very costly in China, where as in India, for the same distance the ticket for 1st class is less than half of chinese train ticket.
Only the stations, and CTC's must be infra-structurally little more advance. But I am not in favour of Introducing super fast trains for longs distance. It does not suit our requirement.The price will be high for super fast trains (bullet) similar to air. Then better to travel via air.

Our system of trains transportation is more network oriented than speed.

Video-wall-Bangalore-Metro-Control-Centre.jpg

We are nothing in front of China......And that's the real truth.......:(

The frustrating thing is India has the talent and potential to match and even beat China, but for some odd reason India has to lag behind.

The railway stations for the Chinese bullet trains look as sophisticated as any Indian airport. India must give credit where credit is due, the Chinese have done a commendable job in modernising their railways.

The frustrating thing is India has the talent and potential to match and even beat China, but for some odd reason India has to lag behind.

The railway stations for the Chinese bullet trains look as sophisticated as any Indian airport. India must give credit where credit is due, the Chinese have done a commendable job in modernising their railways.
We will always be behind.....:(

Hey Andrew, same here.

We have our problems, but we are going at the pace we can right now.

I belong to your activity. What you do in Chinese forums, I am doing it here, right now. can't see that ? Hey, not my problem.

And Mumbai coaches made in China imported by Reliance ?

New coaches :

BpglUpECQAAbh_h1_1938372f.jpg

In rainy season :

mumbai-metro.jpg

03mumbai-metro1.jpg

Mumbai metro, coaches made in China.

I disapprove this purchase. Nothing to do with China. I repeat nothing to do with China. To clarify,it has to do with Chinese manufacturers with low quality products.
At the same price we could have bought Japanese or any other coaches. We make coaches.

We make our coaches. Let's make them at home even at private enterprises. Compartment cut corners and buy shady quality products from China and suffer in the long run.

Quality control is the key.

India has no indigenous capability to design and produce rolling stock of this class.

BEML could try to modify the existing licensing contract with Hyundai Rotem so that standard-gauge rolling stock can be produced for the Mumbai Metro. That shouldn't be a problem from a business point of view, but I'm unsure if the traction motors will have to be modified, and if modifications are needed, then this could take a while.

I LOVE all things infrastructure. Roads, bridges, subways, EMUs, railways, airports, ports, etc. I think they are just the coolest thing around.
They offer the basic decency of life, isn't it?

The pics you are putting up here is incredible. Tell me one thing honestly, is every station in China this advanced and modern or select few cities? Even if its exclusive these stations look world-class. I hope sooner rather than later Indian railways upgrade their railways like they are doing the airports.
Let me tell u, if it was in 2008-2009 when HSR was first introduced to China(at that time HSR operated on normal lines at 200-250km/h), yes, these new stations were rare. (Wuhan Railway Station in my citywas one of the first).
Now, HSR is like a disease spreading around China.
Just have a look at my thread(constantly upgraded) https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/
It is nearly a "shame" if one comes from a city or a county which has not been linked to national HSR network. One middle school in a remote mountainous region has an ad for teachers which said, "Teachers wanted, our county has HSR to Guangzhou and provincial capital". Cause they are super cosy, safe and cheaper than blood-sucking buses(I hate them, it took at least 2 hours from my city to my dad's hometown by bus, but now half an hour by HSR just 80% of the bus ticket fare).

Don't be worried when the first HSR in India attracts little passengers, the history in China has already show, patience and endeavour will make a difference, When India has an initial network, huge amount of people will be attracted to HSR.
Like this( all taken by my phone)

Shanghai
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.44.25.png

Wuhan
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.45.36.png

The old station in my city(for HSR and normal trains), a century-old
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.44.48.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.45.10.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.45.19.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.44.38.png

Xiamen
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 19.46.19.png