What's new

Indian Special Forces

A special armoured vehicle, designed by security experts at the Defence and Research Development Organsiation with assistance by the Indian Army, has also been provided for the prime minister. The car is presently parked at the PM’s official residence. It is in the process of being inducted into the prime minister’s motorcade.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/extra-security-for-pm-president/20161005.htm

@Unknowncommando @bloo @nair @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @ranjeet @Levina @MilSpec @Water Car Engineer @acetophenol @Ankit Kumar 002 @Echo_419 @SR-91 @randomradio @Armani any ideas what this new DRDO vehicle could be for the PM's motorcade? The only thing I can think of is something similar to the HAMMER in POTUS's motorcade.

A special armoured vehicle, designed by security experts at the Defence and Research Development Organsiation with assistance by the Indian Army, has also been provided for the prime minister. The car is presently parked at the PM’s official residence. It is in the process of being inducted into the prime minister’s motorcade.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/extra-security-for-pm-president/20161005.htm

@Unknowncommando @bloo @nair @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @ranjeet @Levina @MilSpec @Water Car Engineer @acetophenol @Ankit Kumar 002 @Echo_419 @SR-91 @randomradio @Armani any ideas what this new DRDO vehicle could be for the PM's motorcade? The only thing I can think of is something similar to the HAMMER in POTUS's motorcade.

I wonder who is the production agency with DRDO.

96lUONg.png

oApJrsE.png

rtiVg4P.png

b2Xcq7s.png

ZMgEJ64.png

6lcqHWn.png

T1uHaJ6.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is something similar to the HAMMER in POTUS's motorcade.

Do you mean the "Beast" or "Stagecoach", also called "Spare" when there are additional, identical vehicles? There is no vehicle called "Hammer" or coded as such in the presidential motorcade.

ap_831876967797.jpg

Other vehicles include, but are by no means limited to"

"Halfback", which carries the POTUS' security team.
ggsg.jpg

"Watchtower", which provides electronic support countermeasures.
afafafafv.jpg

"Hawkeye", which transports CAT teams.
ap_110612079175a.jpg

"Roadrunner", acting as the command and control node for the motorcade.
445441.jpg

"Overwatch", which is hopefully self explanatory.
555555.jpg

"Ground Force One", an alternative transport for long-distance travel.
36525.jpg

Adding to this are police units, the "sweeper" which clears a route and dry-runs it before the motorcade comes through, ambulances, hazmat units and press vehicles. But not one of them is called Hammer.

ap_878798805683.jpg

Here's a great rundown of the POTUS motorcade.

If you can clarify what you mean by "Hammer". I can probably tell you what this DRDO/IA version is doing or what it's role will be.

Do you mean the "Beast" or "Stagecoach", also called "Spare" when there are additional, identical vehicles? There is no vehicle called "Hammer" or coded as such in the presidential motorcade.

ap_831876967797.jpg

Other vehicles include, but are by no means limited to"

"Halfback", which carries the POTUS' security team.
ggsg.jpg

"Watchtower", which provides electronic support countermeasures.
afafafafv.jpg

"Hawkeye", which transports CAT teams.
ap_110612079175a.jpg

"Roadrunner", acting as the command and control node for the motorcade.
445441.jpg

"Overwatch", which is hopefully self explanatory.
555555.jpg

"Ground Force One", an alternative transport for long-distance travel.
36525.jpg

Adding to this are police units, the "sweeper" which clears a route and dry-runs it before the motorcade comes through, ambulances, hazmat units and press vehicles. But not one of them is called Hammer.

ap_878798805683.jpg

Here's a great rundown of the POTUS motorcade.

If you can clarify what you mean by "Hammer". I can probably tell you what this DRDO/IA version is doing or what it's role will be.
From the link provided the vehicle I am referring to is the "Hazardous Materials Mitigation unit" (black Ford F-350 tactical truck- image attached to this post). Also referred to as hazardous-material teams/Hazardous Agent Mitigation Medical Response —or “Hammer”.

A similar type vehicle to detect/respond to NBC threats is what I suspect is being referenced here for the Indian PM's motorcade as this was reported last year that the SPG was raising a new team (which I suspect was for the hazardous materials mitigation role) and every other vehicle you have outlined already has a parallel in the SPG's motorcade for the PM as it is (barring "Roadrunner" ).

A year ago I had said as much:
https://defence.pk/threads/indian-special-forces.43257/page-374#post-7055752

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 19
Just found this on web, not sure about authenticity, looks like the uploader has only one video. It has only 6 views so far.

@hkdas @Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer

Dont think so, I even seen a M16 there. There be a lot of fake, mistitled videos going around. Confirmation will come from Pakistan's side, eventually. No different to Kargil.

Back
Top Bottom