What's new

Indian Special Forces

@noksss
@litefire
The attack took place, confirmed. I had posted about it a number of times earlier.

A surgical strike is any strike specifically targetting a designated target. It may be by land/air/sea, manually or with stand off PGMs.

14595581_2123333241225545_1343039730103471586_n.jpg

14705898_2123333264558876_8270982251376176088_n.jpg

14657398_2123333351225534_3479249375020064666_n.png

14666160_2123333207892215_7000135079037825682_n.png

@noksss
@litefire
The attack took place, confirmed. I had posted about it a number of times earlier.

A surgical strike is any strike specifically targetting a designated target. It may be by land/air/sea, manually or with stand off PGMs.

There is no denying the fact that the surgical strike took place I am just highlighting the politics played by Chuthiyagress in this matter. Can you guide me to your earlier post on this topic or just confirm on the casualties reported in the article

Looks like a Aimpoint Comp M4 than the OFB RDS, and thanks never knew the MARCOS use the AR M1F41.
Yes even didn't know about This Bulgarian weapon is in service with Marcos. I have seen it with Army (in limited nos)And in huge no with paramilitary and police. We are producing it locally right ?
And i just asked my Friend in QRT. He said few sights are bought from ourside and few are from OFB. OFB sight looks almost copy of Airports comp but the picture on OFB sight shows that the fitting components are used for rifles having no rails.

There is no denying the fact that the surgical strike took place I am just highlighting the politics played by Chuthiyagress in this matter. Can you guide me to your earlier post on this topic or just confirm on the casualties reported in the article

Cas was 22 all included. Posted long back, will have to trace it out. Been year plus

It is all about politics even in this case as well (let us keep armed forces out of this)..... These matters are not micro managed by delhi as you assume it to be.... Yes of late Delhi has been actively involved in small matters, otherwise these issues are handled at local level by local commanders........ And if sources are to be believed then there are more than what has been published.....

This whole drama by hindu to release the details of Operation ginger now is for 2 things

1) To lend the credibility to the congress claim of surgical strike happened during 2011
2) To deny any political mileage for Namo for the actual surgical strike

But listen to what the army chief (during UPA) himself has to say about the so called surgical strike done during 2011

14568249_829902737149376_428621932205518567_n.jpg

So in the end the congress has never failed to amaze me on the extent they will go to defame Modi even at the cost of national security and for us Indians we tolerated this Pathetic national party for the past 60 years :hitwall::hitwall:

Ontopic : PA's machoism should be the real target they always got away bcoz IA never published on how they retaliated to their strikes by doing that now we have done the first course correction in our Pakistan policy
So the congress government wasn't involved? That's hard to understand, such cross border raids are prepared for after getting the initial nod from the government.
@noksss
@litefire

It must have been one of the most deadliest strikes in the history of the IA.
Can you confirm that if the UPA govt at that time was informed of the strikes or not.

It is all about politics even in this case as well (let us keep armed forces out of this)..... These matters are not micro managed by delhi as you assume it to be.... Yes of late Delhi has been actively involved in small matters, otherwise these issues are handled at local level by local commanders........ And if sources are to be believed then there are more than what has been published.....

How do you say there is politics in the current Surgical Strike ? When Modi himself warned the ministers against chest-thumping and the government let the Army/MEA hold the press meet instead of a minister . Also Modi is not someone who gives a knee-jerk reaction the reason is despite projecting himself as a tough leader he let the ISI man inside Phatankot base for investigation you really require spine to do that . Also he too like all other PM's tried his level best for peace despite his machoism before the election but with URI attack Pakistan crossed the red-line and he walked the talk now my question is where do you see politics in all this ?

So the congress government wasn't involved? That's hard to understand, such cross border raids are prepared for after getting the initial nod from the government.

It must have been one of the most deadliest strikes in the history of the IA.
Can you confirm that if the UPA govt at that time was informed of the strikes or not.

These acts are undertaken by Army at Command level. The army commander takes the final decision. Corps commander is responsible and the plans are percolated down to the executing unit. Thence, it is the tactical commander's plan.

Since this time the strike was across multiple fronts at the same was conducted simultaneously, the same was undertaken keeping GoI on board.

No government can absolve itself of responsibility. UPA was aware in form of NSA and RM being aware of something being done, exact details are never told.

How do you say there is politics in the current Surgical Strike ? When Modi himself warned the ministers against chest-thumping and the government let the Army/MEA hold the press meet instead of a minister . Also Modi is not someone who gives a knee-jerk reaction the reason is despite projecting himself as a tough leader he let the ISI man inside Phatankot base for investigation you really require spine to do that . Also he too like all other PM's tried his level best for peace despite his machoism before the election but with URI attack Pakistan crossed the red-line and he walked the talk now my question is where do you see politics in all this ?

The politics occurred when BJP cadre put up poster. RM should ot have commented on them in Agra. Should have only spoken when asked specifically. That is the only point against BJP.

You mean to say Modi can not control BJP?

He should keep quiet and let the opposition make a fool of themselves, they are doing a good job at that.

As for spine, it is a moot point, I can get the exact layout from any satellite. So big difference. Only political ownership was required.

You can not allow tactical actions on own initiative which can result in strategic ramifications.

However, the result is, body count is rising on either sides. That is sad and unfortunate. Things have not settled yet.

Lets not make it a political discussion. The Army on both occasions did a fantastic job specifically the para commandos.

Take this with a pinch of salt.
A friend of mine who actually lives in the army quarters (his father is in the army medics) gave me the so called inside information:pleasantry:. He said that the strikes actually happened 2-3 days before the DGMO's announcement. According to him some para commandos were called in from Jodhpur army headquarters (yeah we have para commandos here8-)) to be a part of the strike team.

Last edited:
How do you say there is politics in the current Surgical Strike ? When Modi himself warned the ministers against chest-thumping and the government let the Army/MEA hold the press meet instead of a minister

I am not doubting modi here..... But his party cadres..... How this is used to gain political mileage (Posters for example)..... I wanted to say few more things, but then this is not the platform especially considering the subject in hand....

Also Modi is not someone who gives a knee-jerk reaction the reason is despite projecting himself as a tough leader he let the ISI man inside Phatankot base for investigation you really require spine to do that

Well i agree the attempt made by Modi, especially considering the effort he put in normalising the relations....Now you say it need spine to have an ISI man in pathankot..... But If it was UPA in power, the same guys would say spineless govt allowed an ISI man inside an airbase..... This is how indian politics is been played.... all parties are same, and BJP is not a saint one as you assumed them to be.......
Also he too like all other PM's tried his level best for peace despite his machoism before the election

I agree he has put lot of his energy on to this, just like MMS, and Vajpayee........ I guess he hasnt learnt his lesson from the failures of his predecessors...... Indo pak relationship was always 1 step forward 2 step back........ But i do not doubt the intent of our PM.....

URI attack Pakistan crossed the red-line and he walked the talk now my question is where do you see politics in all this ?

Lets not make it a political discussion. The Army on both occasions did a fantastic job specifically the para commandos.

A friend of mine who actually lives in the army quarters (his father is in the army medics) gave me the so called inside information:pleasantry:. He said that the strikes actually happened 2-3 days before the DGMO's announcement. According to him some para commandos were called in from Jodhpur army headquarters (yeah we have para commandos here8-)) to be a part of the strike team.
My father had gone to Jodhpur a week before the announcement on attachment to the ADV HQ there.
He was a part of something there, not quite sure what exactly, maybe about the insertion method.

Fine lets not have a political discussion here share with us if you have any other info related to this strike

"We don't want any causalities this time. In the February encounter militants inflicted heavy causalities on the security forces when they tried to enter the building. This time we will not take any such risk," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...re-shootout-still-on/articleshow/54803278.cms

Again the pampore operation is going on for more than 2 days as it was during the last time . In the February ops we lost 3 PARA SF operators which why the army is taking no chance now . But the PARA SF are trained to deal with such situations right? Should they not have learnt from the earlier ops which happened in the same building and fine tuned their doctrine to complete such ops without taking causalities ? Is this the right approach to not enter the building to avoid casualties ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom