What's new

India's First indigenous aircraft carrier to be launched this December.

IAC with nlca

p2120014e.jpg

img0118x.jpg

iacb.jpg

update: 1.29.2010

China is waiting. :cheers:

china1d.jpg

Actually we don't hide things....
Even before u develop AC we have a AC killer:lol:...Which is far more accurate than Ballistic missile....

Hunter is awaiting:-
images&

VaryagDalianGE.jpg

When Hypersonic Brahmos comes on...
It's a Nemesis for ur both navy...
Enjoy...

After seeing some of your post, i thought you have some Anti-India stuff going on inside you. But i am impressed with your mindset change. See China has lesser problems than India and so of course they will developing faster at the moment (If AlQaida, Taliban, LeT etc start attacking China, will China be able to continue this growth rate???) . We don't quick fix solutions to control people with different methodologies( like Tiananmen Square). But once India continues in this path for the next few decades, you will start to see the difference. Definitely Democracy with educated folks is the powerful system.
I'm just giving an objective view of where India is on the totem pole of national power. I have no reason to exaggerate India's strength or exaggerate its weakness.

India's latest warship designs are not bad. They are comparable to what China was doing in the late 1990's with Type 051B.

I'm just giving an objective view of where India is on the totem pole of national power. I have no reason to exaggerate India's strength or exaggerate its weakness.

India's latest warship designs are not bad. They are comparable to what China was doing in the late 1990's with Type 051B.

China don't build any stealth warships or carrier as of now forget late 1990s. It will take 5 more years to catch up India in the area of our current stealth ships and atleast seven years for carrier.

Let's not go off topic. It would be fine to open another thread to compare F-22P with Shivalik. Shivalik is a good ship, no doubt.

Basic information about F-22P

F-22P Zulfiquar class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hear check the shivalik out......
INS Shivalik (F47) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S8BcuKQzo6I/AAAAAAAAKGk/JFzqQsNnMbs/s1600/DSC_3211-748232.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/S8Bcu3ewNpI/AAAAAAAAKG0/u7rycssuzyA/s1600/DSC_3193-751105.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xE...O77_0/s1600/Shivalik+Maiden+Sortie-761031.jpg

comparing the shivalik with its chines counter parts is i guess acceptible,but with the F22-P !!! no way,even a ammature can tell that the shivalik looks and is much more deadlier.....:bunny::bunny:

Last edited:

An objective estimate of where you stand in the totem pole of intelligence would be way down. The credibility of your dialogue has been declared as 'trolling'. Now buzz off.

Brother when i look at google map same image is appearing :undecided: no work for one year:blink:

dude,
you can blame President APJ Abdul Kalam for that ,
He was concerned that several Indian security Establishments were clearly visible through Google Earth , So he short off a letter to Google and His American Counterpart George Bush ,regarding his concerned , Now i am sure u know about the close relation between George Bush and India , so he agreed to take care of our concern
As per the agreement several Indian security establishments ie related to nuclear , missile ,space programmes and several airbases were blured in Google earth , while pictures of other establishments would only be refreshed after 18 months , same as the case with secret US establishments
This was done so as not to provide current and Birds eye view of our Security Establishments to terrorist and countries without Satelite Surveilance:D

I am sure You guys know that using google earth , we can even count the number of fighters stationed at karachi airbase :pakistan::yahoo:, while it is difficult to spot even one fighter at airbases in and around Delhi :lol:, even Though Delhi has an Air cover Provided by 150 Fighters stationed across 3 airbases:partay:

@Archie

Thanks for your nice information. I learn something today:D

IAC 1 AND 2 INFO

Indian Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Project 71

The 40,000 ton carrier will be capable of carrying 30 aircraft
India will construct two 40,000 ton aircraft carriers at Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) under the Rs 3,260 crore Project 71. The first ship of the class will be named INS Vikrant
Contents
Design Collaboration
Construction Progress
Capabilities
Aircraft Complement
IAC-2 Redesign
LinkCitationEmailPrintFavoriteCollect this page
India is constructing two 40,000 ton aircraft carriers. The ship will feature a complement of 1,600 personal and be capable of carrying a 30 aircraft comprising MiG-29K / LCA Trainer, ALH Dhruv and Ka-31.

The aircraft carrier will feature a ski jump like the INS Vikramaditya, instead of a steam catapult, for assisted takeoffs.

Design Collaboration
Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) designed 70% of the ship, starting in 2001-02. It used an Italian company, Fincantieri, as design consultants for integrating the propulsion system, while a Russian firm, NDB, is contributing aviation technology.

Fincantieri delivered the 30,000 ton aircraft carrier Cavour to the Italian Navy in 2008, which is powered by four General Electric LM2500 gas turbines generating a total of 80 MW of power. The same engines will power INS Vikrant, which will have have two shafts, each coupled to two LM2500 gas turbines.

Construction Progress
Construction started in 2006 but the keel of the ship was officially laid on February 28, 2009, by Defense Minister AK Antony in the presence of Admiral Sureesh Mehta, Chief of the Naval Staff.

As of November 2009, nearly 10,000 tonnes of steel has already gone into the ship's hull.

The ship will be launched by October 2010, as per the phase I contract signed by CSL with the Defense Ministry. The phase II of the contract will end with the delivery of the ship to the Navy by the end of 2014.

Work on IAC-2 is expected to start before the first one is delivered to the Navy.

Capabilities
The 260 meters long and 60 meter whide ship will have a speed of 28 knots and an endurance of 8,000 nautical miles.

The carrier will field long-range surface-to-air missile systems with a multi-function radar, a close-in weapon system, the most modern C/D band early air-warning radar and the V/UHF tactical air-navigational and direction finding systems.

It will have jamming capabilities over the expected electromagnetic (EM) environment, along with carrier control approach radars to aid air operations. Integration of all weapon systems onboard will be through an indigenous combat management system.

The ship’s integration with the Navy’s network-centric operations will provide for force multiplication.

Aircraft Complement
The Navy plans to equip IAC-1 with a mix of MiG-29K / LCA Naval Variant currently under development at ADA.

However, in view of the slow progress of the LCA project, the service is actively looking at alternatives.

It has issued an RFI (request for information) to several global aviation majors, including American Boeing, French Dassault and Russian MiG companies, for ‘an alternate deck-based aircraft’ in November.

‘‘Information is being sought to acquire over 40 fighters for the 40,000-tonne IAC-1 (indigenous aircraft carrier), being built at the Cochin shipyard and expected to roll out by 2014-2015 now, and IAC-2, which will follow later,’’ a source told TOI.

IAC-2 Redesign
The IAC-2 could undergo some design changes, Naval Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma indicated while speaking to the press ahead Navy Day on December 4, 2009.

"We are re-looking at the design. It won't be a copy of what we have today."

He said a concept study by the Directorate of Naval Design is currently underway 'for more capable carrier-borne aircraft' for the IAC-2.

The Navy is leaning towards a 50,000 tons carrier capable of launching heavier aircraft using a steam catapult, rather than the ski-jump on the Gorshkov / Vikramaditya.

The Navy has earlier indicated it prefers the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (Emals) on its new aircraft carriers.

As mentioned above, the Navy is already looking at aircraft that could replace the MiG-29K / LCA Naval Variant.
Indian Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Project 71 - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

Back
Top Bottom