What's new

Iran releases Shahnameh-inspired computer game

I have got Shahnamah for the children, with pictures and brief stories. it is very good for the kids, i recommend to all those who have kids, nieces, nephews to buy it. I am not sure about Europe, but it is definitely available in north America, a friend of mine from Tajikistan gave me as a gift.
i myself can not read them correctly.one of the hardest question of literature lesson in schools is to translating old poetry to the modern form of persian.

Ahmad, Afghans can understand (read and write) Persian? Or you guys speak Dari like our Iroons?

Yes, Farsi is one of our official language, it is spoken as first language by more than 50% of the population and is spoken by absolute majority of the population(either first or second language). Dari is the same as Farsi, only difference is the name, like british and american english. As per Dari in Iran, i think Dari in Iran might be a different thing, Iranian members could give more information.

Yes, Farsi is one of our official language, it is spoken as first language by more than 50% of the population and is spoken by absolute majority of the population(either first or second language). Dari is the same as Farsi, only difference is the name, like british and american english. As per Dari in Iran, i think Dari in Iran might be a different thing, Iranian members could give more information.

So there is nothing called Persian, it is called Farsi? The Perso-Arabic script?

My maternal grand-parents speak fluent Dari. My granny told us that it was a corrupted version of Old Persian developed by Zoroastrians of Khorasan to speak amongst themselves during the Qajjars so that they could not be understood.

Lie the decoy holy atash in the open, to hide the location of the consecrated flame that could not be quelled or defiled.

My maternal grand-parents speak fluent Dari. My granny told us that it was a corrupted version of Old Persian developed by Zoroastrians of Khorasan to speak amongst themselves during the Qajjars so that they could not be understood.

Lie the decoy holy atash in the open, to hide the location of the consecrated flame that could not be quelled or defiled.

I honestly dont know much about the language spoken by the Zardoshtis in Iran, Iranian members could give us more information. I assume it might be the same farsi but being changed due to different reasons as you mentioned above.
So there is nothing called Persian, it is called Farsi? The Perso-Arabic script?
Persian and Farsi is the same thing. Since the arrival of the arabs, the name Persian was called Farsi by the Arabs because Arabic dont have letter 'P' . Persian is the English name, Parsi is the original name and Farsi is the Arabized of Parsi. Hope i havent confused you. lol.

If you say "Dari" to an Iranian/Afghan Persian-speaker, he will assume you mean Persian of Afghanistan
That "Dari" which Zoroastrians speak is a distinct language (Note that "Dari" spoken by Zoroastrians is a northwestern Iranian language, while Persian is southwestern Iranian), see here:
Dari language (Zoroastrian) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The language is also called Behdini in Persian (Behdin is alternative name of Zoroastrianism, literary means "good religion")

i myself can not read them correctly.one of the hardest question of literature lesson in schools is to translating old poetry to the modern form of persian.

I am not good with poems and poetry myself, but the kids version is very simple and quite understandable, as it is meant for the kids.

If you say "Dari" to an Iranian/Afghan Persian-speaker, he will assume you mean Persian of Afghanistan
That "Dari" which Zoroastrians speak is a distinct language (Note that "Dari" spoken by Zoroastrians is a northwestern Iranian language, while Persian is southwestern Iranian), see here:
Dari language (Zoroastrian) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The language is also called Behdini in Persian (Behdin is alternative name of Zoroastrianism, literary means "good religion")

Fascinating info bro. Thanks!

Is Pars and Khorasan north-western? Azerbaijan is north-eastern right?

We Zoroastrians have Behdins and Athravans. The Behdins are the "normal" folk and the Athravans are the priestly class.

I am Behdin.

Fascinating info bro. Thanks!

Is Pars and Khorasan north-western? Azerbaijan is north-eastern right?

We Zoroastrians have Behdins and Athravans. The Behdins are the "normal" folk and the Athravans are the priestly class.

I am Behdin.

No problem!

400px-Greater_Iran.gif

^ Considering this the Greater Persia, Pars will be in south, the (Greater) Khorasan is in north east, and Azerbaijan in north west

In an attempt to introduce Persian culture narrated in old texts, the game focuses on how Siavash, one of the commanders in the army of Turan, was killed by Afrasiab, the king of Turan and how his son Kai-Khosrow avenges his father’s death.

In a cowardly way. We also have a story of it, but not in the Persian way. Maybe you can also tell us how Siavash killed him, what a great hero for Persians.

Old Turkic text;

"Alp Er Tunga öldi mü
Issız ajun kaldı mu
Ödlek öcün aldı mu
Emdi yürek yırtılur!"

"Is Alp Er Tunga dead
Is the world left without a king
Did the coward take his revenge
Now the heart bleeds"

Last edited by a moderator:
In a cowardly way. We also have a story of it, but not in the Persian way. Maybe you can also tell us how Siavash killed him, what a great hero for Persians.

Old Turkic text;

"Alp Er Tunga öldi mü
Issız ajun kaldı mu
Ödlek öcün aldı mu
Emdi yürek yırtılur!"

"Is Alp Er Tunga dead
Is the world left without a king
Did the coward take his revenge
Now the heart bleeds"

Are you starting this Turko-Persian bullshit again?Who wrote that Turkic text?In which year?

Siavash killed who exactly?You shouldn't call the Turkish one 'another version',you should call it a twisted version that is probably copied from original Persian one by some random guy and twisted the facts in it.Fail.:tdown:

translate !?

are you really talking about Shahnameh ... !?

I mean , I can read it like newspaper ..... Saadi's Boustan and Golestan and some of Iraqi and Hindi branch of Persian poem are hard to read but Shahnameh is Khorasani branch poem and easy to reading !!....

well , I begin reading it from childhood , maybe that why I have no problem to reading Shahname h .....

I have Shanameh , Masnavi Molavi , Hafez , Baba Taher , Khayyam , Abu Said Abu-l-Kheyr Iraqi book in my library .... I enjoy reading poem ....

well , a poem ( Molavi ) :

معشوقه به سامان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
معشوقه به سامان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا__ کفرش همه ایمان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
ملکی که پریشان شد از شومی شیطان شد___ باز آن سلیمان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
یاری که دلم خستی ، در بر رخ ما بستی____غمخواره ی باران شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
هم باده جدا خوردی ، هم عیش جدا کردی___نک سر ده مهمان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
زان طلعت شاهانه ، زان مشعله ی خانه ____هرگوشه چو میدان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
زان خشم دروغینش ، زان شیوه ی شیرینش___ عالم شکرستان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
شب رفت و صبوح آمد ، غم رفت و فتوح آمد __خورشید درخشان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
از دولت محزونان وز همت مجنونان ___آن سلسه جنبان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
عید آمد و عید آمد ، یاری که رمید آمد__ عیدانه فراوان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
ای مطرب صاحبدل ، در زیر مکن منزل___ کان زهره بمیزان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
درویش فریدون شد ، هم کیسه ی قارون شد___ هم کاسه ی سلطان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
آن باد هوا را بین ، ز افسون لب شیرین____با نای در افغان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
فرعون بدان سختی ، با آن همه بدبختی____نک موسی عمران شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
آن گرگ بدان زشتی ، با جهل و فرامشتی ___نک یوسف کنعان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
شمس الحق تبریزی ، از بس که در آمیزی___تبریز خراسان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
از اسلم شیطانی شد ، نفس تو ربانی شد ____ابلیس مسلمان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
آن ماه چو تابان شد ، کو نین گلستان شد___اشخاص همه جان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
بر روح بر افزودی تا بود چنین بودی___ فر تو فروزان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
قهرش همه رحمت شد ، زهرش همه شربت شد___ ابرش شکر افشان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
از کاخ چه رنگستش ؟ وز شاخ چه تنگستش ؟__ این گاو چو قربان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
ارضی چو سمائی شد مقصد سنائی شد___ این بود و همه آن شد ، تا باد چنین بادا
خاموش که سر مستم بر بست کسی دستم
اندیشه پریشان شد ، تا باد چنین بادا

« مولانا جلال الدین محمد بلخی - مولوی »

can you plz translate it to the modern form of persian?^^^
كمان را به زه كرد و ان تيز گز كه پيكانش را داده بد اب رز.
or this ...
فراموش كردي تو سگزي مگر. كمان و بر مرد پرخاشگر.

lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom