What's new

Iran releases Shahnameh-inspired computer game

can you plz translate it to the modern form of persian?^^^
كمان را به زه كرد و ان تيز گز كه پيكانش را داده بد اب رز
or this ...
فراموش كردي تو سگزي مگر. كمان و بر مرد پرخاشگر

lol

زه کمان را کشید و آن تیر گز را که با آب انار ( یک نوع سم ) آغشته بو را در کمان گذاشت

توی سگزی ( سیستانی ) مگه قدرت من ( بر و بازو و کمان - تیر اندازی - مرد پرخاشگر ) رو فراموش کرد ....

کلا برای جور امدن قافیه ، جملات به این سبک استفاده می شوند ... کلا شعر هست ، کمی دقت و حوصله می خواد و هفته ای یک ساعت درست خوندن شعر !!!

كمان را به زه كرد و ان تيز گز كه پيكانش را داده بد اب رز.
or this ...
فراموش كردي تو سگزي مگر. كمان و بر مرد پرخاشگر.

lol

hahah mate, you did dig something from somewhere, didnt ya?

But the truth is, Shahnamah is mostly very easy to understand compare to the other books, it also gives you pleasure to know about the past of our civilization in fictitious way plus Shahnamah is very unique in terms of its purity and usage of pure Persian words, you dont see this in other books. Although, other poetry works such as Bedil, Moulana Balkhi, Hafiz etc are hard to understand.

O_O...i give up.you are indeed a professional one.but this Literature book is my friend's nightmare as well as mine

hahah mate, you did dig something from somewhere, didnt ya?

But the truth is, Shahnamah is mostly very easy to understand compare to the other books, it also gives you pleasure to know about the past of our civilization in fictitious way plus Shahnamah is very unique in terms of its purity and usage of pure Persian words, you dont see this in other books. Although, other poetry works such as Bedil, Moulana Balkhi, Hafiz etc are hard to understand.
hehe...ya.its hard just because of those hard words.
anyway ferdosi did the great job by keeping persian alive

i myself can not read them correctly.one of the hardest question of literature lesson in schools is to translating old poetry to the modern form of persian.
Come on compared to other old literature Shahnameh is very easy ,I finished it by the age of 13 and I still believe its a masterpiece of Persian poetry .as a matter of fact I believe its the best.

by the way I like the Siavash story and tاen how Giv went to turan to find Key-Khosro and brought him and Farangis (His Mother and the daughter of the king of Turan) back to Iran .its one of the most beautiful stories of Shahnameh some people may say Rostam & Sohrab is the best part of Shahnameh but I believe Siavash story is something else.

In a cowardly way. We also have a story of it, but not in the Persian way. Maybe you can also tell us how Siavash killed him, what a great hero for Persians.

Old Turkic text;

"Alp Er Tunga öldi mü
Issız ajun kaldı mu
Ödlek öcün aldı mu
Emdi yürek yırtılur!"

"Is Alp Er Tunga dead
Is the world left without a king
Did the coward take his revenge
Now the heart bleeds"
well as a matter of fact Siavash in Shahnameh is one of the Symbols of Purity that in one story when he wanted to prove his innocence even a mount of fire would not made any harm to him

by the way he killed no one

كمان را به زه كرد و ان تيز گز كه پيكانش را داده بد اب رز.
or this ...
فراموش كردي تو سگزي مگر. كمان و بر مرد پرخاشگر.

lol

Can you please then translate into English? :help:

Can you please then translate into English? :help:

well , these are only to paraphrase of big chapter ( Rostam Vs Esphandiar ) .... unfortunatly , I can't find the story written in English ....

but some little info

Ferdowsi, the Poet-Sage (24)

well , both Rostam and Espandiar were great hero .... but the king want to kill Espandiar ( his heir who loved by people , defender of religion and realm ) and send him to arrest/bound Rostam with a fake excuse !! ( old legendary hero ) ....

They fought one to one and they were even , till Rostam's brother get impatient and attacked Espandiar's camp and kill two of his three sons .... then Bahman ( Espandiar heir and son ) went and deliver the news to his father and after that Espandiar become so angry and says they should finish their battle with bow .....

both Rostam and Espandiar seat on their horse and begone the battle but Espandiar was invulnerable ( Zartosht - the ancient persian prophet - bathed him with heaven water ) and all of Rostam's arrows were ineffective ... Espandiar beat rostam badly , and when Rostam ran from battle in verge of death ( this is the first time and last time in Shahnameh that Rostam running from battle so shamefully !!) , Espandiar hesitation to kill him ....

When Rostam returned , he was in verge of death and can't even stand ( Rostam !! the monster killers even couldn't stand !! ) and want to run and hide himself but Zall ( Rostam's father ) summon Simorgh and she healed Rostam easily and she shows a way to killing Espandiar but she said who kilning religion and realm defender , will get curse in this world and another world !!!

Rostam accept it and he fly on shimorgh and go to a little island and find a two headed bough and make an arrow with it and poisoned it ....

in next morning , Rostam come and call Epsandiar to prepare for battle and after long discuss their battle begin and Rostam hit Espandiar eyes with the arrow and killed him .... ( well , ESpandiar closed his eyes in his bathing with heaven water !!! and that was his only weakness ->>> the fear is death brother - old persian proverb )

in verge of death , Espandiar choosed Rostam as his heir/son ( Bahman ) mentor and Bahmman grew under Rostam's watch and become next king ( the last legendary king !! ) ......

years latter Rostam get killed by his base born brother ( he set a trap for Him ) and years later , The king , Bahman , storm Rostam's territory and killed his son and brother and daughter and father and put an end to hero family line !!!

IMO :
Rostam was ; Pahlevan-e-mardom ( Hero of peapole )
Espandiar war : Pahlevan-e-Din va Keshvar ...

Rostam died unbounded and Espandiar died innocent ( he didn't kill Rostam nor his men !!)

and the main evil was the king - Gustasp - ...

and something is intersting :
In sasanid empire and in zartoshian religion book , Gushtasp was a holy man .... but among of people and their story he become and true evil king who only care about his throne ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom