What's new

Iran unveils hypersonic weapon 'Fattah'

THis think is a ducking MARV, masquerading as a hypersonic weapon,
Countries have this tech since the 80's
Here is an indian MARV from the 90's

Had it been an actual HGV it would not have such a mssive engine at its back, they move forward by gliding on the air at hypersonic speed.

Don't make me laugh by comparing battle tested Iranian missile technologies to some crude Indian technologies that would not work during an actual battle. We've seen your hardware (what little you actually produce) in action and it was more comical than anything. Just ask our Pakistani friends here.

India does not have the technology for a hypersonic glide vehicle. The Indian system you mentioned simply works as a normal ballistic missile with a ballistic midcouse trajecory followed by a end manveuring phase. The Iranian system on the other hand performs maneveurs during its midcourse phase via glide and also manoeuvres during its final phases.

Fattah is indeed a hypersonic glide vehicle of a conical shape, similar to the US system:

hypersonic-glide-body-prototype.jpg

Hypersonc glide vehicles come in various colours, they're not all the same system. In the case of the Iranian system, during its midway flight, it glides to a less extensive state as compared with your typical wedge shaped systems, this means lower thermal load on the system allowing you to get away with more economically viable materials. Now, when the Fattah gets around few 100's of KM from its taget, its motor kicks it allowing it to performs much more kinematic maneuvers defating any curren air defence. By keeping its more extensive manoeuvres for the final stages, the system essentially reduces the amount of time the warhead experiences the relatively more extreme conditions, which, like I mentioned earlier allows for more economical mass production due to lower system cost.

Iran promised to unveil an anti-ship ballistic missile this year.

Can this missile be turned into anti-ship hypersonic missile with the ability of hitting moving US aircraft carrier 1400kms away in just 6-7 minutes?

It seemks like US Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System with its SM-3 and SM-6 interceptors is incapable of intercepting this hypersonic missile.

I remember when forums questiones Iran possession of sunburn missiles, now this doesn t have relevance any more... Iran has reach other major level.

Supersonic is nothing for Iran.

Had it been an actual HGV it would not have such a mssive engine at its back, they move forward by gliding on the air at hypersonic speed.
India is still using prithvi as its testbed. The news is from 2023

Man you should be the last one on the planet earth to talk about missile technology. You won't have any share in this area of technology unless USA or Russia allows you.

Btw,
1.JPG

Indian one is in development phase while the Iranian version is developed and already deployed.

View attachment 933141Looking at the video of the impact, I am concerned that the speed of the missile appears to be much slower.
According to a rough estimation based on the video, the speed seems to be less than M2.
Is this evidence that the missile consumes a lot of energy for evasive maneuvers?

Video is in slow motion for users know the details. Don t trust on videos, reality is different.

I remember when forums questiones Iran possession of sunburn missiles, now this doesn t have relevance any more... Iran has reach other major level.

Supersonic is nothing for Iran.
I still want to see Iranian supersonic anti-ship cruise missile with a ramjet engine in the next 1-3 years.
EImUWMdX0AALZDj.png

Last edited:
View attachment 933141Looking at the video of the impact, I am concerned that the speed of the missile appears to be much slower.
According to a rough estimation based on the video, the speed seems to be less than M2.
Is this evidence that the missile consumes a lot of energy for evasive maneuvers?

I believe this phase of the video is CGI. It doesn't look real.

Illogical ranting.

There is no law that says MaRV can not attain Hypersonic speed in the Terminal stage. MaRV, MIRV, PBV-Bus etc all can qualify for hypersonic weapons designation if they attain that speed when hitting the target. Fattah is a quasi-trajectory BM whose MaRV maintains the hypersonic speed at or near to target. Please provide proof that MaRV can not be a hypersonic weapon ???

Had it been an actual HGV it would not have such a massive engine at its back, they move forward by gliding on the air at hypersonic speed.

Like I said, what is necessary for a missile to qualify as a "Hypersonic weapon" is that its RV (separated or not) attains hypersonic speed near to target site in low-terminal phase.

Now please provide proof that the Indian missile with which you are trying to derail the thread here, was in the "Hypersonic speed" domain at the target (not the burnt-out or re-entry velocity)????

Last edited:
That was just a short-range 300km range anti-ship ballistic missile with an optical seeker for the Persian Gulf

This year they said they have tested a 1500km range anti-ship ballistic missile in the class of DF-21D

March 6 2023

Iran, the chief of staff: "An anti-ship ballistic missile with a range of 1.500 kilometers has been tested"

Back
Top Bottom