What's new

Iran unveils hypersonic weapon 'Fattah'

I gotta say,Iranians might not be good at making aircraft

tanks and generally everything else...but when it comes to ballistic missiles,they are pretty darn good.

our 3rd-4th largest UCAV fleet, Airdefence Missiles (Bavar 373 = S-400 equivalent), Liquid/Solid fueled SLVs, Corvettes, Submarines, Radars etc disagree with you.

That was just a short-range 300km range anti-ship ballistic missile with an optical seeker for the Persian Gulf

So an AShCM cant be EO/TV/IR guided?

This year they said they have tested a 1500km range anti-ship ballistic missile in the class of DF-21D

March 6 2023

Iran, the chief of staff: "An anti-ship ballistic missile with a range of 1.500 kilometers has been tested"

Man, you do not read the posts, do you?

Range = 700 KM

Zolfaghar Basir Anti Shipping Ballistic Missile (Land to Land version is probably transferred to Russia)

558.png

our 3rd-4th largest UCAV fleet, Airdefence Missiles (Bavar 373 = S-400 equivalent), Liquid/Solid fueled SLVs, Corvettes, Submarines, Radars etc disagree with you.
Quality though? 🙄

This just seems like a more maneuverable ballistic missile, not really a glide vehicle type weapon. I feel like "Hyersonic" is just a buzzword at this point, and its not something new, various ballistic missiles have been capable of hypersonic speed for decades now. People are just rebranding to confuse with other hypersonic missiles like the Avangard or the LRHW. Like the Russian "hypersonic" Kinzhal missile which is just an air launched Iskander, and a bit more maneuverable..

Congratulations to Iran. Its surprising to see Iran has such an advance missile technology. Iran has high level threats from Israel and western world so needs to make sure their defence is lethal. Intercontinental MIRV ballistic missile should be next target and also one for launching from submarines, this is to give Iran 2nd strike capability.

Negin, Loghman destroyers and Besat class submarines, armed with missiles mentioned above should be lethal deterrence.

Its huge remarkable what Iran does, in missile field. I imagine myself being an iranian high level decision maker, this kind of unveiling gives you extra confidence to be more actionable at least in regional area.

Iran can control every step of Persian Gulf, if sanctions follow, Iran can sanction any country that sanctions Iran in that area, without fears of military showdown. What US has against this new threath for its ex supremacy??? response is nothing, Iran has missiles can target anything US has deployed. They would lose the face in hours of Iranian resolve.

Hats off Iran you know what it matters.

This just seems like a more maneuverable ballistic missile, not really a glide vehicle type weapon. I feel like "Hyersonic" is just a buzzword at this point, and its not something new, various ballistic missiles have been capable of hypersonic speed for decades now. People are just rebranding to confuse with other hypersonic missiles like the Avangard or the LRHW. Like the Russian "hypersonic" Kinzhal missile which is just an air launched Iskander, and a bit more maneuverable..

Propaganda takes precedence over facts and logic in this age. Some countries will develop a weapon system and hype it as being unstoppable. Kinzhal was unstoppable as well. ;)

Well, God dislike big boasts and "arrogance" of any side will be checked at some point.

Range: 1400km
mid phase speed: mach 25
Glide speed: mach 8
impact speed: mach 5

مشرق نیوز - اولین تصویر از موشک فتاح

Certainly....

Propaganda takes precedence over facts and logic in this age. Some countries will develop a weapon system and hype it as being unstoppable. Kinzhal was unstoppable as well. ;)

Well, God dislike big boasts and "arrogance" of any side will be checked at some point.

Certainly....

It s sad you say this in this Iranian achievement. Pakistan is a neighbourn country and can benefit of Iranian leadership. Region needs a strong country, capable to defend people, Iran is capable of that, and this a nice step froward.

To have envy of Iranian military progress is not the way, to critize or Iranians does is nonsense, and to say iranians are arrogants is mad funny, having in account other have come to this region to kill people and impose it s foreign views.

I hats off of Iran and i hats off of Pakistan if similar advances are done by your country.

Fattah is indeed a hypersonic glide vehicle of a conical shape, similar to the US system:

I don't know what this Fattah thing is but it isn't a glide vehicle. The glide phase of an HGV implies absence of onboard thrust.Since the final phase of flight for this missile is powered it isn't a glide vehicle.Beside you can't throttle a solid fueled motor so the only thing keeping this thing on target is the thrust vector controls. Also, the US has been intercepting Mach 5 cruise missiles since the 1960's so if this thing slows down to Mach 5 in its final phase it isn't invulnerable to interception. The US even purchased Mach 5 anti-ship cruise missiles from Russia in the 90's to test against the sea sparrows.

finally lets addresses the fools that think this can be used against non stationary targets. How? without onboard sensors solely relying on INS/GPS? You can't use off board sensors to cue a hypersonic missile due to something called latency especially at distances as large as it's claimed 1,000 km range.

..cue the ha..ha reaction in 5,4,3,...2...1

Every MaRV attains hypersonic speed because it's falling down to earth from space. (how did you get the impression that I was denying that)
How is this Iranian missile special than other missiles with MaRV, other than it's quasi ballistic trajectory
All I am saying is that this tech that Iran just mastered is not some special technology (that the big 5 are racing towards) instead it's a decades old tech which has been modified by Iran)
However this is still extremely impressive than what many others have.

If going by that definition then even V2 is a hypersonic missile because it too had a small window where it was hypersonic.

I am not trying to derail the thread, I am saying that your country is unnecessarily hyping this up.
Agni 2 has a MaRV warhead obviously it's hypersonic.
Read this Twitter thread carefully

It’ll explain why FATTAH is classified HGV in the contemporary sense rather than purely technical.

Certainly....
Range: 1400km
mid phase speed: mach 25
Glide speed: mach 8
impact speed: mach 5

مشرق نیوز - اولین تصویر از موشک فتاح
Iranian news agencies broke the news by publishing these speed figures at first (you can see them in google cache), apparently took it from an IRGC affiliated telegram channel, later all of them (in a rather suspicious move) removed the whole article and just mentioned mach 13-15 speed without elaborating.

Someone likes to play us on numbers!

I don't know what this Fattah thing is but it isn't a glide vehicle. The glide phase of an HGV implies absence of onboard thrust.Since the final phase of flight for this missile is powered it isn't a glide vehicle.Beside you can't throttle a solid fueled motor so the only thing keeping this thing on target is the thrust vector controls. Also, the US has been intercepting Mach 5 cruise missiles since the 1960's so if this thing slows down to Mach 5 in its final phase it isn't invulnerable to interception. The US even purchased Mach 5 anti-ship cruise missiles from Russia in the 90's to test against the sea sparrows.

finally lets addresses the fools that think this can be used against non stationary targets. How? without onboard sensors solely relying on INS/GPS? You can't use off board sensors to cue a hypersonic missile due to something called latency especially at distances as large as it's claimed 1,000 km range.

..cue the ha..ha reaction in 5,4,3,...2...1

Then what is it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom