What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

That is Chapar truck which is Iran's first national truck, it is designed by Mobtakeran Hadid company which is a car part manufacturing company but now has established a plant in Meshkin Shahr, it will be developed in three phases with the last phase of it will add Loader to its products, Chapar has not yet entered mass production.

Chapar uses OM 457 engine which is built completely along with OM355 in IDEM.

Idem has managed to reverse engineer these two engines after germans chickened out of Iran.

Chapar and the plant
کامیون-چاپار.jpg

sh.jpg

حامد-محمدیChapar-شرکت-صنعتی-حدید-مبتکران1-1.jpg

3336099.jpg

0f3e06fde924b4c9ec0fd64426156d944a18fdc3dc77912833fc782efde2f129d142dfc92f8b208a0be795b9e39deb54.jpg

7f92d0db54f0cf154590f98c1e0e515cef25360d094c605bf0b051bf20a4c12a538baad634ff9dd5136734234151aeaf.jpg

p26+(1).jpg

14-2-1.jpg

Due to sanctions there has been serious problems in manufacturing and acquring new trucks and tractors, but there has been encouraging developements mostly by Iran Khodro Diesel while Saipa Diesel is all but dead, IK Diesel has been busy reverse engineering OM355, OM457 engines, gearbox, chasis and transmission.

Idem has been there for years with a lot of capabalities un engine building, as a stop gap solution IK Diesel will manufacture two completely Iranian made tractors, S1943 and S2630.

These two tractors use upgraded Iranian made OM457 with power of 430hp, while these two are equipped with ABS brakes and modern features, they still use the old Wagon Hood cabin but according to IKCO a new completely Iranian designed tractor and truck series with new cabin will be unveiled in the near future.

S1943 4x4 tractor
benz-trucks-1943.jpg

133592367_931221034359145_26415610426211139.jpg

S2630 6x6 tractor
قیمتکامیون_هایایرانخودرودیزلافزایشیافت.jpg

file_39062.jpg

Sanctions had been hard and difficult to bear but there had been benefits, Iran car companies are now truely self sufficent and are now forging their own path, although Saipa had been behind in engine developement but they are also making a start in manufacturing new engines, IKCO new family of 3 cylinders engines will be a revolution in Iran car industry

That is Chapar truck which is Iran's first national truck, it is designed by Mobtakeran Hadid company which is a car part manufacturing company but now has established a plant in Meshkin Shahr, it will be developed in three phases with the last phase of it will add Loader to its products, Chapar has not yet entered mass production.

Chapar uses OM 457 engine which is built completely along with OM355 in IDEM.

Idem has managed to reverse engineer these two engines after germans chickened out of Iran.

Chapar and the plant
View attachment 719978
View attachment 719980
View attachment 719981
View attachment 719983
View attachment 719985
View attachment 720001
View attachment 719987
View attachment 719988

Due to sanctions there has been serious problems in manufacturing and acquring new trucks and tractors, but there has been encouraging developements mostly by Iran Khodro Diesel while Saipa Diesel is all but dead, IK Diesel has been busy reverse engineering OM355, OM457 engines, gearbox, chasis and transmission.

Idem has been there for years with a lot of capabalities un engine building, as a stop gap solution IK Diesel will manufacture two completely Iranian made tractors, S1943 and S2630.

These two tractors use upgraded Iranian made OM457 with power of 430hp, while these two are equipped with ABS brakes and modern features, they still use the old Wagon Hood cabin but according to IKCO a new completely Iranian designed tractor and truck series with new cabin will be unveiled in the near future.

S1943 4x4 tractor
View attachment 719993
View attachment 719994

S2630 6x6 tractor
View attachment 719997
View attachment 719998

Sanctions had been hard and difficult to bear but there had been benefits, Iran car companies are now truely self sufficent and are now forging their own path, although Saipa had been behind in engine developement but they are also making a start in manufacturing new engines, IKCO new family of 3 cylinders engines will be a revolution in Iran car industry
This was a really nice read! Thanks for posting it! It put things in perspective. I have so much respect for industries building from the ground up. Even though the trucks above use old Mercedes shells, they are beneath all Iranian. Focus first on the most important and then move outwards. In contrast fake people and companies who only have a shiny exterior.

This was a really nice read! Thanks for posting it! It put things in perspective. I have so much respect for industries building from the ground up. Even though the trucks above use old Mercedes shells, they are beneath all Iranian. Focus first on the most important and then move outwards. In contrast fake people and companies who only have a shiny exterior.
You're welcome Sina Jan...
Iran car industries have never made so much achievments as much as now under extreme sanctions, unfortunately without sanctions these companies were mostly interested in assembling foreign designs, IKCO and Saipa have never made so much indigenous designs as they did these past years, it is true that designs like Tara are based on unrealised joint venture with french but the spirit that had only been seen in military industries, are now present in civilian sector due to neccesity take for example Tara which is now over 92 percent Iranian(for now).
65776_K132-3.jpg

This is not only restricted to car industries, all domestic indutries are on the rise from the first Iranian made rails to stunning advances in quanity, quality and indigenization of household goods like dishwasher and etc.

https://www.iribnews.ir/fa/news/3023899/تکیه-بر-توان-داخلی-در-شرایط-تحریم
https://www.irna.ir/news/84223664/رشد-۵۳-درصدی-تولید-لباس-شویی-و-افزایش-۴۴-درصدی-ساخت-تلویزیون
https://donya-e-eqtesad.com/بخش-ویژه-نامه-63/3741484-بر-مدار-خودکفایی

There has been 50 percent increase in production of household goods this year(more than 12 million in the first 10 months) but what is also more important is the increasing rate of indigenous parts(from 33 percent in TV to 80 percent in dishwasher,refrigrators to 95 percent in gaz stoves).

First Iranian made metro train with 85 percent indigenization.
EtTHj3eXUAINT9-.jpeg.jpg

EtaVajZXEAYh0UH.jpeg.jpg

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...مایی-از-قطار-ملی-مترو-به-اواخر-اسفند-موکول-شد

Iranian made locomotives
Map-24
https://www.mapnagroup.com/fa/projects/railway/map24
92e91a30-156c-4cac-bf05-90617555f7a7.jpg

نمایشگاه+ریلی.jpg

Pars-33
http://wagonpars.com/2017-05-22-08-01-11/277-تولید-لکوموتیو-پارس-۳۳-در-داخل-کشور
13990904000758_Test_PhotoN.jpg

And soon Map-30 will also be unveiled, although DESA 4000hp diesel engine for locomotives has not yet been mass produced, steps have been made in the right direction.

History of national rail.
https://donya-e-eqtesad.com/بخش-شرکت-ها-104/3701320-از-ایده-تا-عمل-در-مسیر-تولید-ریل-ملی

150 thousands tonnes of national rail made in Iran.
https://www.irna.ir/news/84221423/۱۵۰-هزار-تن-ریل-مورد-نیاز-کشور-در-ذوب-آهن-اصفهان-تولید-شد

First batch of metro national rail delievered
https://www.irna.ir/news/84243282/اولین-محموله-ریل-ملی-مترو-تحویل-شرکت-بهره-برداری-متروی-تهران

There are many other examples in different sector of our industries.

Sanctions have forced us to look inside which is a great thing, there is a bright future ahead for our country IF we do not repwat our mistakes, we should not let our country to be drowned in foreign commodities that we can produce ourself, even if sanctions are lifted we should not welcome LG, Samsung, peugeut and etc with open arms.

My only fear is that if the sanctions are lifted we repeat our mistake and then all this hardship would be for nothing but I believe many senior officials have learned from past mistake, I hope that I am right.

PS: Also on Mobtakeran Hadid, a second production line for OM457 engines is being built in Meshkin Shahr plant with assistance from IKCO IDEM.

Last edited:
You're welcome Sina Jan...
Iran car industries have never made so much achievements ...
And soon Map-30 will also be unveiled, although DESA 4000hp diesel engine for locomotives has not yet been mass produced, steps have been made in the right direction.
Thx for these useful informations, even though I think it is not the appropriate topic to post this very very interesting comment.
I do have a question, please. Can Iran design and produce an HST -High-Speed Train-?
Thx.

I do have a question, please. Can Iran design and produce an HST -High-Speed Train-?
Thx.

maybe can, but WE need so much money which Iran does not have to develop new technology,
so I do not think so, because our priority is our military force specialty NAVY and subsurface vessels

Thx for these useful informations, even though I think it is not the appropriate topic to post this very very interesting comment.
Thx.

I know that there was a project in progress a few ears ago on designing and making an HST..... havent heard about it for a while, but it was being worked on.

Thx.
I don't believe that for now Iran has such capabilities,we niether have the money nor infastructure at least for now.

We have just started manufacturing of diesel locomotives bit there are agreements between ministry of road and domestic companies for electrifying of several railways(after chinese exited the previous deal), this could be a start in that direction.

There is nothing that we can't do if we believe in ourself.

Back
Top Bottom