What's new

Iraq to buy 12 JF-17 Thunder jets from Pakistan

They just got conned by Indians is all. However, even historically speaking Sweden had very limited exports of its prior fighters as well, Viggen and Draken so with Grippen it is not completely a surprise. But as pointed out earlier, buying then would have dealt a killing blow to the JF-17 program so in retrospect a good thing we didnt end up with any.
Hi,

You are correct---but then they never marketed those aircrafts. They have marketed the Grippen as if there was no tomorrow.

Hi,

Arrogance got the best of SAAB. They acted too good too good for themselves---.

Making weapons of death and destruction and then putting up conditions for sale---oh well.

Amazing isn't it---the most cost effective and almost the best aircraft in its category---and no buyers for it---.
SAAB does not make conditions.
The Swedish Government make the conditions, and at the time, when Musharaff expressed his interest in Gripen, he was told by the minister responsible that selling Gripen to Pakistan was ”out of the question”. Pakistan was allowed to buy EriEye.

This has been discussed many times on PDF so there is no reason to bring it up again.

Gripen E has been losing to the F-35, and so has everyone else.

SAAB does not make conditions.
The Swedish Government make the conditions, and at the time, when Musharaff expressed his interest in Gripen, he was told by the minister responsible that selling Gripen to Pakistan was ”out of the question”. Pakistan was allowed to buy EriEye.

This has been discussed many times on PDF so there is no reason to bring it up again.

Gripen E has been losing to the F-35, and so has everyone else.
Hi Cardinal,

Well---thanks for the EriEyes---. Could have sold the Gripens as well---Saab would have been at a different level now---.

Malaysia decided to buy Korean jets

Serbia is interested now
Serbia always prefers Russian jet.
But if Serbia is interested in JF-17,
I would like to ask what is your attitude towards the sale ,considering religion, as a muslim.
Thank you for you opinion.

Malaysia decided to buy Korean jets

Serbia is interested now
It is lets say logical choice fo rhem as they have self proclaimed "neutrality" and they are only one possible client for that jet in europe.
On the other hand all balcan states beside Greece are in no need more then one squadron of fighter for air policing role due financing capabilities and nato membership.
Frenkly, i would like that my country is buyer but due disfunctional srate by serbs amd croats obstructions, we will not have fixed wing aviation for lomg time.

I would like to ask what is your attitude towards the sale ,considering religion, as a muslim.
Please include in those unrelated opinions
The fact that the JF-17 is partially assembled in China which is accused of carrying out atrocities against Muslims.. so opinion there as a muslim as well.

Also, the Ejection seat is from Martin Baker which is by the British who have massacred millions of muslims in history.. hence an opinion on that as well.

The fact that the JF-17 is partially assembled in China which is accused of carrying out atrocities against Muslims.. so opinion there as a muslim as well.

Also, the Ejection seat is from Martin Baker which is by the British who have massacred millions of muslims in history.. hence an opinion on that as well.
The first export customer was Myanmar.

If Azerbaijan (which recognizes Israel) buys the JF-17, there's a good chance that -- eventually -- some Israeli subsystems or weapons will reach the platform, one way or another. Heck, this might even happen via the Argentinian sale.

I get your meaning.
JF-17 suits small country like Serbia in my opinion, I just worried about the history of Balkan Peninsula.
Weapon sale is never a fully commercial thing.

Don't cut off the only leg you have left to stand on

Even if jf 17 does not make it to Serbia, the thing is that Bosnia is not doing any thing to shore up its defences.....if a war breakup up today in the Balkans Serbia would simply obliterate any Bosnian defence.....the Bosnian are acting like ostriches

Even if jf 17 does not make it to Serbia, the thing is that Bosnia is not doing any thing to shore up its defences.....if a war breakup up today in the Balkans Serbia would simply obliterate any Bosnian defence.....the Bosnian are acting like ostriches
Surface to Air Missile system would be more effective and easy to establish.
It is difficult to operate an airforce for a small country today.

I get your meaning.
JF-17 suits small country like Serbia in my opinion, I just worried about the history of Balkan Peninsula.
Weapon sale is never a fully commercial thing.
Weapons sales can never guarantee usage - for e.g. UAE GBU-12s purchased for Iranian military ended up poinding Houthis in sandals - you could make a decision not to sell outright but then suffer both economics and potential other diplomatic aspects.

At this point Pakistan is desperate for a sale of the JF-17 to get some clout and funds in because India is blocking every avenue. Even going so far as to push its aircraft in places where it knows it cannot sell due to ITAR on the Tejas GE404.

When you have a hegemonic competitor that cares less about selling its product and more about strangling you even at a loss - you are in an uphill battle

Weapons sales can never guarantee usage - for e.g. UAE GBU-12s purchased for Iranian military ended up poinding Houthis in sandals - you could make a decision not to sell outright but then suffer both economics and potential other diplomatic aspects.

At this point Pakistan is desperate for a sale of the JF-17 to get some clout and funds in because India is blocking every avenue. Even going so far as to push its aircraft in places where it knows it cannot sell due to ITAR on the Tejas GE404.

When you have a hegemonic competitor that cares less about selling its product and more about strangling you even at a loss - you are in an uphill battle
India is not the problem.. problem is lotas in parliament. Judges for dollars and military uppers that serve anyone but pakistan

Back
Top Bottom