What's new

Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?

Guru,

Kargil has not stopped us from fighting you---. Regardless of what you get and who backs you---we will strike hard and we will strike deep---.

Actually it is not our air force---but it is your air force---what it has not done---that should be the question---. You had every oppurtunity to neutralize us once for all---three time in the last 15 years----3 major incidences----.

Don't ask us what we did----ask yourself what you did not do AND WHY.

Hmm,

Maybe they know they will have bloody nose?

This i hope will bring a sense of reality to some of our posters and more importantly this thread and this notion that PAF is some world class organisation..

Please read the link paying particular attention to

Planes unsafe to fly
Flying hours of the 3000 serving pilots
Financial handicap
General prepardeness

ITS VERY SOBERING and its not from any indian source
Attrition: Pakistan Air Force Crumbling Away

I agree mate !! PAF capability is always overstated by its boses. Given the current financial situation in Pakistan I dont see any more improvements coming soon, but that does not mean that we should fold up and dismantle the AirForce. I can see that it will take perhaps another 20 years to completly overhaul PAF..

Has anyone ever thought who is self sufficient ? In other words has anyone realized who could quickly build fighter jets and missles in case imported stuff gets destroyed in war ?

Here is the reality. Pakistan, Turkey, and Iran are the ones who are capable. They have a proper Aerospace Industry.

Rest of Muslim world including Arabs can't even make a bicycle let alone a defense industry. Those calling Air Forces like Saudi Arabia good should be asked why they invite Pakistani officials for training and why a country like UAE gives out citizenships and salary packages to Pakistanis to become Pilots ? Was it Arabs who fought against Pakistan's enemies or was it Pakistanis who fought against Arab enemies ?

Last edited:
Cb4 Pakistan cannot build fighter jets without Russian engines and China's assembly kits. Even then it would be one a month....a war would last two weeks how fighters you building in two weeks. You are not an aerospace power. You have no space programme or helicopter programme...missles are being built by everynation...the are only five nations with a real ability to build fighters ....

Cb4 Pakistan cannot build fighter jets without Russian engines and China's assembly kits. Even then it would be one a month....a war would last two weeks how fighters you building in two weeks. You are not an aerospace power. You have no space programme or helicopter programme...missles are being built by everynation...the are only five nations with a real ability to build fighters ....

Why are you bopping in and out, chaske le raha hai :D

On the other hand, the cards we were dealt, the hands that were played against us, you have to admit if we can make India think twice before attacking us then we have done our part. All these Arab countries, they have their toys. They can have everything with their fortunes. But the thing is what we have, we also includes your AF, is discipline. Lack of resources and making do is what we do and we are quite good at it.

The recent exercises of our Block A/B F-16s kicking Saudi AF F-15s or Eurofighters tell you about our training, hardwork dedication. Sure this doesnt mean their AF is useless and they should just hang themselves, but they need discipline, the wars, the absolute feel of helplessness, the hanging sword of being depleted of resources and losing a front that would mean end of your very existence. We suffered that and made through, we trust the Chinese and they help us in return of some favors.

We assemble "kit" planes according to you. But our kit planes are in the air and doing their job extremely well with the integrated SD-10 AAM. Radars that cover the kill distance, plus the AWACS we have it covered. The engines are indeed Russian, hey what works, works.

Now we arent a space power because we do not have the massive budget that you guys and others enjoy. Nor are we regional house powers. What we are is just sufficient for ourselves.

If you ask my opinions on the super duper AF in "Muslim" nations, then it is very easily Turkey. Tango 1 never dies bro, Tango 1 never dies.

I agree PAF is definitely the best muslim airforce around along with turkey.

This i hope will bring a sense of reality to some of our posters and more importantly this thread and this notion that PAF is some world class organisation..

Planes unsafe to fly
Financial handicap
General prepardeness

The article is not properly written. no facts have been quoted. Just writers opinion.

Here are two links that shall shed some light on the attrition rate of PAF and IAF:

Warbirds of India - [Air Crash / Attrition Listings of the Indian Air Forces]

Warbirds of India - [Air Crash / Attrition Listings of the Indian Air Forces]

Has anyone ever thought who is self sufficient ? In other words has anyone realized who could quickly build fighter jets and missles in case imported stuff gets destroyed in war ?

Here is the reality. Pakistan, Turkey, and Iran are the ones who are capable. They have a proper Aerospace Industry.

Rest of Muslim world including Arabs can't even make a bicycle let alone a defense industry. Those calling Air Forces like Saudi Arabia good should be asked why they invite Pakistani officials for training and why a country like UAE gives out citizenships and salary packages to Pakistanis to become Pilots ? Was it Arabs who fought against Pakistan's enemies or was it Pakistanis who fought against Arab enemies ?

Assembling from complete knock down kits is not Aerospace Industry.

Istanbul Police department alone has a larger budget than Pakistan army, navy and airforce combined.

Tuaf are one of oldest airforces in the world.

The first female fighter pilot on earth was a Turkish woman Sabiha Gökcen she participated in bombing raids against rebels in the 30' if i am not mistaken.

el-turco !!! Istanbul police dept has bigger budget than combine Armed forces of Pakistan...wow !! so their budget is 7.5 billion USdolllar !! Let me pop the bubble you live in, ask Istanbul police to take on pakistan army, here is the prediction complete aninilation in 24 hrs !!!

How and why may I ask?

A nation that cant pay its bills cant sustain a war. Your question and argument is fanciful imagination. Only those nations can fight long wars who sustain their economy and have enough resources to evolve and build new resources and technologies. US is the current example and several from WW2.

The scenario of modern warfare has changed. With irregular army and terrorists supported by imperialist countries, weapons are just show pieces, sold to nations around the globe to sustain defense industry.

In this scenario, capable nations will be those who can fight this unconventional war using unconventional weapons.

Give credit to Pakistan which has fought this war for quite long now when all types of unconventional weapons have been used against it to incite confusion, inaction and even civil war. In all these long years, as you have seen Air Force had very little contribution. Its espionage, breaking down terror networks and engaging foreign funded terrorists in long battles that has worked, with very little air power.

Planes unsafe to fly
Financial handicap
General prepardeness

Pretty cool......We had 100 JF-17s delivered from China by Dec 2012 and have gotten 42 F-16s since 2000. Although we don't have enough money to buy fuel for them. Nice share.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom