What's new

Israel: "Iran Can Build 1 Bomb"

Iran's new president created a sense of outrage in the west yesterday by describing Israel as a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who is more hardline than his predecessor, told students in Tehran that a new wave of Palestinian attacks would be enough to finish off Israel

Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran's president | World news | The Guardian

Tell me one thing these kinda statment present wat picture of urs in front of others

Did you read the footnote of that article you posted?

It says that the translation of what he said is still in dispute. To be technical, Ahmadinejad used the phrase "Zionist regime" which does not necessarily mean the country of Israel. When talking of "regimes" it usually refers to the government of a country.

Last edited:
Iran's new president created a sense of outrage in the west yesterday by describing Israel as a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth".

Tell me one thing these kinda statment present wat picture of urs in front of others

When a country is created by expelling the natives of the land to a man of reason it is a disgrace but to the bastards it is the grace of their gods.

A bit of advice for you; try to listen to your conscience instead of listening to your evil side, be fair, put your feet in the shoes of those who have lost their homeland to a devil called Israel. It’s not a question of religion or national interest, it’s all about humanity and inhumanity of the Israelis and their allies like you.

I never condoned any illegal action of Israel infact Israel was artificial state created by allied powers but equally truthful is the fact that Israel exist n is inhabited by human being tho they are jewish

Wiping from the face of earth in itself is a derogatry remark which will only breed hate & condoning this just because of religiouse affiliation is also wrong

A picture of deceit. What Ahmadinejad said was a quotation from Ruhollah Khomeini and is as follows: " بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود ." The fallacious statement, "wiped off the map" was never made and Ahmadinejad in fact never referred to statehood of Israel or in fact any state at all. What he said was that, "the Imam (Ruhollah Khomeini) said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." This refers to a Zionist ideology shrouding Jerusalem and denotes a spiritual wish. Moreover, there is no such colloquial phrase or idiom in the Persian language which means 'wipe of the map.'

Wiping from the face of earth in itself is a derogatry remark which will only breed hate & condoning this just because of religiouse affiliation is also wrong

Yes, indeed again I agree with you. The Israeli president should have been questioned when he uttered these words for Iran.

I never condoned any illegal action of Israel infact Israel was artificial state created by allied powers but equally truthful is the fact that Israel exist n is inhabited by human being tho they are jewish

What breeds hatred and contempt is supporting a state that was created through genocide. Which is more disgusting, the action which expells you from your homeland or your mean comment about the one who has stolen your homeland?

A picture of deceit. What Ahmadinejad said was a quotation from Ruhollah Khomeini and is as follows: " بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود ." The fallacious statement, "wiped off the map" was never made and Ahmadinejad in fact never referred to statehood of Israel or in fact any state at all. What he said was that, "the Imam (Ruhollah Khomeini) said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." This refers to a Zionist ideology shrouding Jerusalem and denotes a spiritual wish. Moreover, there is no such colloquial phrase or idiom in the Persian language which means 'wipe of the map.'

Yes, indeed again I agree with you. The Israeli president should have been questioned when he uttered these words for Iran.

Can u clear me regarding this statement wat Ahmednijad actually said word to word

OTOH Peres might have said this in respose to question being asked to him regarding this interpretation of Ahmednijad

Israel has many enemies just as Nazi Germany had the entire world as its enemy, so did that justify Hitler possessing nukes? If a state that is created by stealing the homeland of another nation does not have enemy who better qualifies to have enemies? Besides, all the enemies of Israel have conventional weapons, so Israel has no justification to possess nukes. The fact is states like Israel can possess nukes because there is no decency or fairness in people like you.

The topic here is not about Israel and its occupation. The topic is whether Israel should be worried about Iran's nuclear program. The answer is yes. The paranoia is justified.

Can u clear me regarding this statement wat Ahmednijad actually said word to word

I have quoted it above but will so again as per your request. On a word to word basis, Ahmadinejad said:

"the Imam [Khomeini] said that this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Did you read the footnote of that article you posted?

It says that the translation of what he said is still in dispute. To be technical, Ahmadinejad used the phrase "Zionist regime" which does not necessarily mean the country of Israel. When talking of "regimes" it usually refers to the government of a country.

Wiping the regime (government) off the map??? does the statement make any sense. He definitely meant Israel. Any ways I don't blame Israel to be paranoid about the whole issue.

Wiping the regime (government) off the map??? does the statement make any sense. He definitely meant Israel. Any ways I don't blame Israel to be paranoid about the whole issue.

That's because he never said "wipe off the map".

Read the above for a full translation, and look for your own sources if you don't believe it.

If you really want to be sure, you can even get a Persian dictionary and translate it word for word yourself.

What breeds hatred and contempt is supporting a state that was created through genocide. Which is more disgusting, the action which expells you from your homeland or your mean comment about the one who has stolen your homeland?

Well i agree with u on this that bigger disgust is action which expels u from ur homeland

But for hw long this disgust will loom realistically only way forward is recognition of each other

PS : Everybody will react if spoken of provacatively n people will also react aggressively when subjugated

At the end Israel is a reality n Paletinian need a homeland :cheers:

Not justified at all because if they nuke israel the western world will not sit idle they can do the same to iran .

the presence of nukes on both sides would lead to a conventional war fare between the several muslim countries and Israel. At the moment Israel has leverage over the muslim countries because of the nukes.

I would like to say that I am in no way supporting the HR violations in Palestine, but I also believe Israel requires the balance of power in its favor as it is surrounded by enemies.

The topic here is not about Israel and its occupation. The topic is whether Israel should be worried about Iran's nuclear program. The answer is yes. The paranoia is justified.

Israel and its occupation is the reason for everything that is going on, so it is very much related to the topic, why do you think Israel opposes Iranian nuclear strive, Iran would not be so stern about Israel if Israel was so peaceful.

Well i agree with u on this that bigger disgust is action which expels u from ur homeland

At the end Israel is a reality n Paletinian need a homeland :cheers:

I agree with this. :tup:

There is plenty of free land on Earth, in places like Central Asia, Russia, Canada, etc. Even in Western China there is a lot of free land. In hindsight I think the Israelis should have picked somewhere else.

The problem is that both sides think their land is "Holy", and both of them want Jerusalem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom