What's new

Israel’s First Female Arab-Israeli Paratrooper

ptldM3

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

As part of a new feature here at Israel Politik, we are proud to launch “Faces of the IDF,” where every week we will showcase a different Israeli soldier and their unique story.

As a “citizen army,” Israel’s defense forces are a reflection of the country’s multiethnic population - and more than that, comprises a complete cross-section of Israeli society. Male and female, rich and poor, gay and straight, black and white and everything in between. In short, everyone who makes Israeli society what it is today serves together as they live together in everyday life.

While this is nothing out of the ordinary for Israelis, the following story really is making waves. And that is the story of Corporal Eleanor Joseph, the first female Arab paratrooper.
Corporal Joseph, an Israeli-Arab born in Haifa, always saw herself in the IDF. Recalling an incident in which Katyusha rockets were launched by Hezbollah, which caused casualties in her Arab neighborhood, Eleanor realized “if someone tells me that the service in the IDF is just killing Arabs, I remind them that Arabs are killing Arabs.”

And so, Eleanor signed up to become a member of Israel’s elite Karakal Unit – a dedicated combat unit comprised of men and women serving together – in order to protect Israel’s 7 million Jewish, Christian, and Muslim citizens

The road to completing paratrooper training is long and difficult; it requires great endurance, stamina, and integrity. Many who start do not finish. But Corporal Joseph was determined to succeed because “ultimately, [Israel] will always be my home too,” she says and adds that despite the conflict and difficulties, hope still exists: “I still believe there will be peace, and belief creates reality.”

Faces of the IDF: Israel’s First Female Arab-Israeli Paratrooper | IsraelPolitik

:eek: :agree:

Would you say that if she served in the Pakistani military? :angel:

Doubt it :coffee:

Keep personal attacks on the basis of nationality out of discussions please. It only end up in flame wars in more bias... tends to make even the most tolerant lose their patience as well.

Thanks.

And good for the girl.. she looks like flo jo.

Keep personal attacks on the basis of nationality out of discussions please. It only end up in flame wars in more bias... tends to make even the most tolerant lose their patience as well.

Thanks.

And good for the girl.. she looks like flo jo.

Personal attack? :what:

If you consider that a personal attack than that has to be the weakest personal attack in the history of the universe.

Hmm she looks good..may be hezbollah don Nasurallah will fall in love with her and stop firing rockets :D :D :D

Would you say that if she served in the Pakistani military? :angel:

Doubt it :coffee:

I most certainly would. I speak my mind and don’t sugar coat things!

Edit: :smitten:Russian ladies are the most sophisticated n hottest ones on the planet! Don’t know why the Russian lads need vodka in the first place.

I most certainly would. I speak my mind and don’t sugar coat things!

Edit: :smitten:Russian ladies are the most sophisticated n hottest ones on the planet! Don’t know why the Russian lads need vodka in the first place.

There is some really hot ones :) and some really not hot ones :frown:

She looks good to me, we should make love not war.:D

Applies to females only.

Yeah, thats the future of warefare. While front line soldiers are busy making love the enemy declares their defeat and busy for stage preparations of fan fare. On the serious side, sending pretty females to front lines of battle to lure soldiers had always been a widely use trick in age of empires. Some rulers were so aganostic against this trick that they ordered locking metal underwears for their soldiers.

Russian ladies are the most sophisticated n hottest ones on the planet! Don’t know why the Russian lads need vodka in the first place.

Wait till you visit Russia and realise that their women are equally drunk too. All the good ones leave to join their "mail order hubby" for good life. And some of their women could be more masculine than men. Beware of approaching that hot cop or traffic controller. :P

Back
Top Bottom