What's new

ISRO's GSAT-5P launch fails

nothing but just take it as an example to refute one indian member's claim that ISRO is world leading while China is not.

that something you are trying is new to you but old to us. do some home work before commenting.

i dont really get this. being permanent member in UNSC will somehow automatically guarantee successful rocket launch??

well if there is some error then even old technology turns out to be fatal ..

i dont disagree that China is a ahead, but you have had a lot of advantage during Cold war in terms of technology transfer you had acess to many critical technology irrespective of MTCR, which we never had plus your space program started quite earlier than us. but the gap is not so wide.

Last edited:
There are many successes of ISRO as well....

Who can't have such launch vehicle can watch... lol

GSLV launching INSAT-4CR

3DSC_0983PADEF04-Cropped.jpg

View%20of%20fully%20integrated%20GSLV%20at%20Assembly%20building.JPG

Encapsulated%20Assembly%20being%20stacked%20on%20cryo%20stage.JPG

Only handful 5/6 countries have such capabilities....

GSLV launching GSAT-2

GSLV-2.jpg

GSLV-3.jpg

L40&

ISRO teams analysing data to pinpoint GSLV failure

India's [ Images ] top space scientists are analysing data to find out what caused the failure of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle mission and an expert committee is likely to be formed soon to give a report on it.
"Teams are looking at the data to find out the reason for what happened," said Indian Space Research Organisation spokesman S Satish.

"A failure analysis committee is likely to be constituted in the next one or two days," he said.

In a major setback, GSLV-F06 powered by Russian Cryogenic stage, with GSAT-5P communication satellite on board, failed in its mission on Saturday following a technical problem soon after the liftoff from the Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh.

The GSAT-5P, meant to give a boost to communication services, including television, telephone and telemedicine, was originally scheduled for launch on December 20 but was postponed a day earlier after a leak was noticed in the cryogenic stage during pre-countdown checks.

This is the second consecutive setback for India's space programme this year after the GSLV-D3 veered off its flight path and plunged into the Bay of Bengal along with GSAT-4 on April 15.

After the failure, top ISRO officials said the command to control the space rocket, carrying GSAT-5P, from the equipment bay, the electronic brain of the launch vehicle resident atop it, did not reach the actuators in the first stage. They suspected that a connector chord, which takes the signal down, had snapped.

The FAC to be formed is expected to be similar to the committee set up after the failure of GSLV-D3, primarily for the flight testing of indigenously developed Cryogenic Upper Stage on April 15 this year.

The FAC comprising multi-disciplinary experts concluded at the time that the primary cause for the failure was the sudden loss of thrust in one out of the four liquid propellant strap-on stages immediately after lift-off at 0.2 sec.

With only three strap-on stages working, there was significant reduction in the control capability.

However, the vehicle altitude could be controlled till about 50 seconds. At the same time, the vehicle reached the transonic regime of flight and the vehicle altitude errors built up to large values, resulting in aerodynamic loads exceeding the design limits thus leading to break up of the vehicle.

GSLV is a well-proven rocket: Ex-ISRO chairman

A veteran space scientist strongly vouched for the robustness of the indigenously-built GSLV, saying it was a well-proved rocket and that "quality problem" led to its failure.

"It is just a quality problem," former chairman of ISRO U R Rao said, adding, the command did not reach the actuators leading to non-ignition resulting in thrust being insufficient.

He said unlike the GSLV failure on April 15 this year when the fault was at the cryogenic stage, yesterday the problem was at the first stage itself.

Rao said the first stage is "well-proven" and "we must be able to get back to the rails very quickly". "Once in a while, these failures do happen. It has happened with Ariane, European space consortium Ariane and Shuttle of NASA [ Images ])," he said.

ISRO teams analysing data to pinpoint GSLV failure - Rediff.com India News

I refrained myself from commenting on this thread before I saw this post.

You are entitled to do what ever you want to defend your lovely ISRO, but you should never try to belittle CNSA's accomplishment by comparing it with an Indian space agency which just failed to launch a satelite.

By your definition, CNSA may not be recognized as one of the leading in the world, but by any definition, CNSA performed better than the pathetic ISRO.

BTW, on what ground ISRO can be seen as one of the leading ones? And what orgnizations can be seen as the leading ones? I am just curious with the way Indians see the world.

you are also making the same mistake... CNSA might have done good work.. but there is no mistake in that ISRO has acheivements in its own journey..

and we dont need to compare ISRO to ur CNSA as we are doind good in our own progress... u can do whatever u want in CNSA..:cheers:

Last edited:
PSLV launching Chandrayaan-1 to the moon

PSLV-C11%20LiftOff.jpg

pslv.jpg

chandrayaan-05.jpg

Chandrayaan-1 hard lading probe...

chandrayaan-mip-1.jpg

chandrayaan-mip__1.jpg

Next generation environmental monitoring satellite.... will be launched next year...

SARAL

Image_3D_SARAL.png

Another hi tech atmosphere research satellite...

Megha-Tropiques

%27Megha%20Tropiques.jpg

Megha_AutoA.jpeg

Sarkozy at ISRO looking at Megha-Tropiques...

Chairman-ISRO-explains-the-features-of-Megha-Tropiques-satellite-to-the-President-of-the-French-Republic.gif

A'right we might be having many new satellites coming up in future.......
but when we are going to see the next successfull launch of these satellites........

you are also making the same mistake... CNSA might have done good work.. but there is no mistake in that ISRO has acheivements in its own journey..

and we dont need to compare ISRO to ur CNSA as we are doind good in our own progress... u can do whatever u want in CNSA..:cheers:

Please enlighten me what mistake I have made.

I am not the one who has the nerve to claim a space agency one of the best just after it failed a basic satellite launch.

I am not the one who claim another country's space agency not one of the best even though that space agency has constantly and successfully performed much more sophisticated space missions than your space agency.

And again what makes ISRO one of the leading?

Please enlighten me what mistake I have made.

I am not the one who has the nerve to claim a space agency one of the best just after it failed a basic satellite launch.

I am not the one who claim another country's space agency not one of the best even though that space agency has constantly and successfully performed much more sophisticated space missions than your space agency.

And again what makes ISRO one of the leading?

Many people who only knows about their own country but do not know about what others are doing will assume that they have the best in the world. That is why its important to get educated on anything beyond your own borders.

NASA equipment and technology on on board found water evidence which has been found thousands of times before via different probes.. Had these equipment been on board any other space vehicle, water would still be found. India only claiming cheap credit on others shoulders.

Chandra’s Altitudinal Composition Explorer (CHACE) payload an Indian Instrument which was onboard the Moon Impact Probe of Chandrayaan I mission vindicated the presence of water on the surface of the moon in form of ice at higher lunar latitudes inferred from IR absorption spectroscopy even before Mini-SAR an American equipment found it.... NASA is a Superior Institution and Holds the Maximum number of Patents Hence Wise enough to Let the World Know of it from there Mouth, But that dosent mean Our Effort is Down the drain, But hey Criticize others after launching atleast one satellite from your soil....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom