What's new

ISRO's GSAT-5P launch fails

I don't realize that India's rockets use Russian's engine. So just wonder if it was Russian's engine problem, will Russian pay for the lost?

Many people who only knows about their own country but do not know about what others are doing will assume that they have the best in the world. That is why its important to get educated on anything beyond your own borders.

@ Faithfulguy
there are only 5-6 countries in the world who possess such technology(heavy launch vehicle) so being in that list it can be said that we are one of the best because we one of the six..................
Our Space program has matured for the past years and we are now moving in a faster phase than before
so being ahead or behind china doesnt matters because our only goal is self reliance and we have almost achieved it..................

I don't realize that India's rockets use Russian's engine. So just wonder if it was Russian's engine problem, will Russian pay for the lost?

Whole launch vehicle is not russian.! It was only cryogenic engines which were purchased by india before 1999 (7 engines)..!

And during this specific launch (cryogenic stage was not even started) it was prelimanery stage after lift off, the rocket remain on pre-planned trajectory until 47 sec after lift off, but after that it just lost its pre-plsnned path and started tilting one side, And that leads the scientist to detonet(explode) it so tha it can not cause damage anywhere else..!

It is not corruption or lack of people with sound technical skills. It is actually a lack of awareness in terms of Quality Management.

Every project must be viewed under the paradigm of a start to end quality management program. The lack of this approach is what, I believe, is causing these failures.

Let me tell you. For e.g. Sometimes there's might be a crack in the solid propellant casting but if the quality control department fails to detect the crack, it will inevitably lead to a failure.

That's why I'm saying that it is nothing but lack of a stringent quality control approach.

The problem is that rocket QA is different from software QA: you can't try-run a rocket like you do with software QA.

I remember one Chinese rocket scientist lamented: you don't know it doesn't work until it doesn't work, and it's too late.

I'd like to believe that it's more disciplined procedural control than an aftermath QA like in software.

Yup, it's tough.

You guys need significantly fewer failing rockets to surpass China in space tech... It's the only form of space delivery known to man.

Yes we failed, so whats the big fuss over it?
As if we cannot try again?

Try to find the reason of failure, was it structiral defect, or motors or computers or human or electrical or electronics..etc etc??

Arrre fail ho gaye is baar to kaunsi quamat aa gayi fir se try kar lenge, aur ho sakta hai is baar bhi na hoo to fir kar lenge. Kissi ke ghar se le ke to nahi uda rahe in rockets ko..

Add-- Sorry I had not read before posting, and it seems to be a good point. The QC dept might be at fault.

@ Faithfulguy
there are only 5-6 countries in the world who possess such technology(heavy launch vehicle) so being in that list it can be said that we are one of the best because we one of the six..................
Our Space program has matured for the past years and we are now moving in a faster phase than before
so being ahead or behind china doesnt matters because our only goal is self reliance and we have almost achieved it..................

Almost is an elusive word. But I applaud India for the effort. Even though India's do not have heavy launch vehicle system. Only US, Russia and Europe has heavy launch vehicle. With China currently developing one. So India do not even have a plan for heavy lift launch system as of now.

Comparison of heavy lift launch systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Almost is an elusive word. But I applaud India for the effort. Even though India's do not have heavy launch vehicle system. Only US, Russia and Europe has heavy launch vehicle. With China currently developing one. So India do not even have a plan for heavy lift launch system as of now.

Comparison of heavy lift launch systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is making efforts to make its own gslv.. next year there will be another test.. India has the plan..you do not know about it i guess.

India is making efforts to make its own gslv.. next year there will be another test.. India has the plan..you do not know about it i guess.

I have heard about Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle mark III from India. But this is not regarded as a heavy launch vehicle.

GSLV Mark-3 comes under heavy launch vehicle and recently India has tested a heavy booster for it and it is world’s third largest solid rocket booster
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...rld-s-third-largest-solid-rocket-booster.html

India also has largest population (very soon). Does it affect ?

GSLV III is not heavy vehicle. It's mid-heavy. India doesn't have any format on table for heavy launches. May be once GSLV becomes operational we may think of Heavy launchers. Heavy launcher would be useful only for mars mission, thats around 2020.

India also has largest population (very soon). Does it affect ?

GSLV III is not heavy vehicle. It's mid-heavy. India doesn't have any format on table for heavy launches. May be once GSLV becomes operational we may think of Heavy launchers. Heavy launcher would be useful only for mars mission, thats around 2020.

thats why we are developing some really critical technology for it ...

Back
Top Bottom