What's new

Jaag Punjabi Jaag

Well they are not citizens? what are they doing in pakistan when the war is over now. they should go back and have some izzat!

Well they are not citizens? what are they doing in pakistan when the war is over now. they should go back and have some izzat!
The economic conditions are not good in Afghanistan.

Gujjar Punjabis have been living in Kashmir valley from centuries...

These people are the Roma tribes of Kashmir... and oh in case you did not know even the Roma tribes in Europe have Punjab origins as well.

Allow me to simplify this for better understanding. The Gujjars of Jammu are entirely distinct from Kashmiris, and Jammu itself is not a part of Kashmir, it never was. Culturally and linguistically, Jammu has strong ties to Punjab, as it historically belonged to the Punjab region. During the Mughal era, it was part of Subah Lahore. It was the British who, for administrative purposes, combined it with Kashmir to form the entity known as Jammu AND Kashmir (while also annexing certain parts of Kashmir into Potohar Punjab).

linguistic pride

Even then, PMLN hasn't done anything for Punjabi language or promotion of it.

No party in Pakistan has ever seriously pushed the idea of standardizing Shamukhi script. Not standardizing the script pretty much led to other dialects of Punjabi start to be classified as separate languages e.g. Pothwari being classified as a separate language in UK.

They tried doing the same thing during the Zaman Park episode and started labeling random protestors as "TTP" or "TTP commanders". Didn't work. Most people on Pakistani social media are inoculated to establishment tricks and low iq race bait.

Even then, PMLN hasn't done anything for Punjabi language or promotion of it.

No party in Pakistan has ever seriously pushed the idea of standardizing Shamukhi script. Not standardizing the script pretty much led to other dialects of Punjabi start to be classified as separate languages e.g. Pothwari being classified as a separate language in UK.

They tried doing the same thing during the Zaman Park episode and started labeling random protestors as "TTP" or "TTP commanders". Didn't work. Most people on Pakistani social media are inoculated to establishment tricks and low iq race bait.
I am punjabi, so i can say that!
people are no longer motivated by ethnic bullshit. We have muvh bigger issues than a useless language like punjabi dying!

Last edited:
This is the electrician who came to fix the zero watt bulb and then burned down the entire house's wiring and escaped.

1695149421856.png

people are no longer motivated by ethnic bullshit. We have muvh bigger issues than a useless language like punjabi dying!

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but Punjabi ain't going anywhere anytime soon, keep dreaming !

And It's quite ironic that you begin by claiming that people no longer fall for ethnic BS and then go on to take a jab at the most widely spoken language in Pakistan by its largest ethnic group.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but Punjabi ain't going anywhere anytime soon, keep dreaming !

And It's quite ironic that you begin by claiming that people no longer fall for ethnic BS and then go on to take a jab at the most widely spoken language in Pakistan by its largest ethnic group.
come on dude, the first thing apunjabi mother wants her child to do today is not to speak punjabi!

come on dude, the first thing apunjabi mother wants her child to do today is not to speak punjabi!

Well, your mother might have had her wishes, but not all of us are ditching Punjabi. Many of us still chat away in Punjabi at home, and with anyone who gets it.

Allow me to simplify this for better understanding. The Gujjars of Jammu are entirely distinct from Kashmiris, and Jammu itself is not a part of Kashmir, it never was. Culturally and linguistically, Jammu has strong ties to Punjab, as it historically belonged to the Punjab region. During the Mughal era, it was part of Subah Lahore. It was the British who, for administrative purposes, combined it with Kashmir to form the entity known as Jammu AND Kashmir (while also annexing certain parts of Kashmir into Potohar Punjab).
Gujjars in Sonmarg, Kashmir Valley

Last edited:
They link Punjabi Nationalism and linguistic pride with an imagined threat and hatred i.e. towards the Pashtuns and the Afghans. I am not against Punjabi language but creating hatred with communities who have been living together for centuries for political gain is wrong.
This is politics, hopefully both Punjabi and pushtun get equal respect going forward

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom