What's new

Japan plans to replace 100 F-15Js with 100 F-35As

Is there a treaty that actually prevents Japan from operating AC ?
Or is it just Japan trying to show voluntarily that its pacifist.

Well. There are designs.

japanese-f3-shoot-down-chinese-j20-stealth-fighter-07-600x426[1].jpg

japanese-f3-shoot-down-chinese-j20-stealth-fighter-08-600x417[1].jpg

14532316.jpg

Displacement will be around 70,000-85,000 tonnes -- so a bit larger than the Queen Elizabeth Class, and slightly smaller than a Nimitz Class. Length wise, its about 70 feet longer than the Elizabeth Class. My prediction is that Japan will probably build 3 to 4. There are 4 fleets of the JMSDF, afterall , 1 carrier per fleet.

And the F-16s have been the basis of much international fanfare and ingenuity. I believe the J-10 has been influenced by it, the Korean T-50s, the F-2s as well as the Taiwanese F-CK-1 ;)

J-10 came from the Mig-21, the evolved J-7 and a test project called J-9. Nothing to do with F-16.
T-50 is basically a trainer plane. The F-CK-1 is the IDF, I don't fly, as powerful as a F-5, not much of a threat to the PLAAF.

F35 is something to disable US ally`s aerospace industry and force them to rely on US protection.
Those countries have to rely US F22 to face Russia`s T50 and China`s J20..

The F-35 VTOL version is going to be the naval air weapon of choice for countries that have blue water access and global interests. Not burdens, but interests. The JSDF may very well be the leader for navies that straddles the line between being a classic carrier navy like the US and being a new type of navy that while separate operate as enhanced coast guards but together as a fleet, they can bring to bear focused and formidable firepower when needed.

Pierre Sprey's time is over and the Chinese critics are fools to follow him. I wish more of them infect the PLA's leadership. The more shortsighted they are, the better for US and our allies.

No. The SCS will remain free of Chinese control. The US will ensure it, just as we have throughout the Cold War. Japan and South Korea will help. Chest thump all you want. The SCS will not be under Chinese control.

Seems like China is doing pretty well there right now. Building islands and airfields at will while the only thing your country of birth can do is complain and burn down German factories in protest. :lol: You can bury your head in the sand all you want but if you think a Japan that's in demographic and economic decline will somehow be "sheriff" of the SCS, you'll be in for more disappointment.

I merely state the facts - China's economic and military momentum will all but guarantee China as a major player in the SCS. Perhaps *the* major player as China's economy eclipses that of the United States in absolute terms, sooner rather than later.

F35 is something to disable US ally`s aerospace industry and force them to rely on US protection.
Those countries have to rely US F22 to face Russia`s T50 and China`s J20..
Son, before I signed on to this forum, people were throwing the word 'stealth' around as if it was dirt. Now after I cleared up a few major misconceptions, no one with any smart casually uses that word anymore. I showed everyone, including the Chinese members here, what 'stealth' is really all about and what it involves. None of you guys contributed to any technical understanding of the subject, and that is the truth.

China' J-20 is DOA -- Dead On Arrival.

Whatever the case, guys, its best to have mechanisms in SCS to prevent unnecessary military escalation.

We're all very impressed. A random guy on the internet claims to know better than China's entire aerospace establishment. Internet hubris - that's certainly never happened before. :lol:

My prediction is that Japan will probably build 3 to 4. There are 4 fleets of the JMSDF, afterall , 1 carrier per fleet.
At 1 per fleet for 4 fleets, you will have to build 6 to cater for the Carriers when they go into refit and transport to Area of Operations.

But good to know, Japan should build Carriers.

At 1 per fleet for 4 fleets, you will have to build 6 to cater for the Carriers when they go into refit and transport to Area of Operations.

But good to know, Japan should build Carriers.

lol, that's why we have the 6 "helicopter destroyers" for. :)

lol, that's why we have the 6 "helicopter destroyers" for. :)
The efficiency of the Helicopter destroyer will be substantially less than than a purpose built Carrier for air ops.

If Japan does go for Carrier building, it will have to build a minimum 5.

So you are trying to say that you are military expert??
What stealth really is??
Show me how much you know about that.
But base on your conclusion on J20, I guess you are not good than other people here...

Son, before I signed on to this forum, people were throwing the word 'stealth' around as if it was dirt. Now after I cleared up a few major misconceptions, no one with any smart casually uses that word anymore. I showed everyone, including the Chinese members here, what 'stealth' is really all about and what it involves. None of you guys contributed to any technical understanding of the subject, and that is the truth.

Threads cleaned up Gambit & AgentOrange have been banned for racial comments/off topic derailing the thread.

Back
Top Bottom