What's new

Jeremy Clarkson in row over Top Gear India special

Actually of late he has been more realistic and willing to accept the UK's insignificance in the world stage these days. He is aware of the current situation and how far UK has fallen. However he does present these ideas in a very comical/blasé manner.

But he fails to realize that his comical tone may offend someone and it does most of the time. He need some introspection of his own.

He is actually not that a big problem. The problem is that once you start going down this road it gets slippery when the jokes get more and more risqué. then there are others who will take it a bit further until it you have a situation where some say unacceptable things to all and sundry.

]Think about what he said about Germany there is not a show that goes by without some mention of Nazi's, WW2 etc :lol:

But I find him to have great respect for German cars.

But I find him to have great respect for German cars.

Of course they are German cars afterall but he still abuses BMW for their boring design's.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

So there you are. It's the Germans who've pick up the baton dropped by Italy and Britain. It's Germany that's making the cars we really want to buy.

I must be going soft. I didn't even laugh last month when Germany got flooded.

:lol: He will never change

Watch this its funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ha. In all this complaining, you people forget that this is a great show about cars. Not that I agree with every Clarkson's 'jokes', in this episode you all forget that there were three great cars showcased. The Rolls Royce Ghost, the Jaguar XJS and the Mini Cooper. Another car the 'producer' drove around, I couldnt get the name of that one (Allegro?).
Nice cars. Although I wished there had been more emphasis on the cars rather than "India".

Really this racist portrayal of humour encouraged this:

The Hindu : News / National : Indian student's murder to be treated as racially motivated

in my opinion

I watched the show. There is nothing racist about the show. Yes, the show producers wants to mix an element of humour to the show. There is nothing untrue about Indian or India that is shown in the show. We too all make fun of other countries and their behaviours. That doesn't mean we are racist. I feel he was making more fun of UK more than of India. Now, this cannot be compared to the student's murder, which is a crime

Sometimes, I don't like Clarkson's attitude. There have been numerous occasions where he picks on people in the crowd (in the studio) and makes fun of them. Most of the time it's harmless but sometimes... not so much. :confused:

He should be sacked otherwise BBC should be sued for airing racist views but really who cares..Indians are more American and British then Americans/British themselves ( They just can't get rid of their obsession with white skin).

Listen Buddy,

I don't think even 0.001 % of indians would know chap ,so least we bother on what this dork head saaays out of his pie hole.

We don't give Chipkali ki ga*d ki Pasina as banned word in Pakistani SMS service goes , about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom