What's new

JF-17 Block II, A Final Thunder & The FC-20 - Updates

well less stealthy than 5th gen aircraft but equipped wuth weapons that can be devastating for 5 generation like ww2's m10 tank destroyer less protected but deadly against panthers

well less stealthy than 5th gen aircraft but equipped wuth weapons that can be devastating for 5 generation like ww2's m10 tank destroyer less protected but deadly against panthers

u r forgetting the fact that land war and air warfair r 2 very different things having deadly weapons does not mean u ll kill the enemy in the air u need to know ur enemy .protect ur self and kill ur enemy ,if any one of the above is missing ur dead,and jf as of now does it all very well against all 4th gen AC ,good air to air , good ECM,good radar and low RCS ,but against f22 ,f35 j 20 or even pak fa this may not be possible as their superior radar and stealth gives them the allegid 5th gen status.having better weapons without better sensors or self preservation is not a good idea

u r forgetting the fact that land war and air warfair r 2 very different things having deadly weapons does not mean u ll kill the enemy in the air u need to know ur enemy .protect ur self and kill ur enemy ,if any one of the above is missing ur dead,and jf as of now does it all very well against all 4th gen AC ,good air to air , good ECM,good radar and low RCS ,but against f22 ,f35 j 20 or even pak fa this may not be possible as their superior radar and stealth gives them the allegid 5th gen status.having better weapons without better sensors or self preservation is not a good idea
well curchill was heavily armored but never destroyed a tiger !!! protection is useless either create destroyer or tiger class tank with heavy armour and weapons (here armour tends to protection in airwarfare) f22 is not that stealth as people claim it was locked by ef2000 radar which was a pulse doppler now there is aesa !! and pesa!!

this is all IFs and MAYBEs as yet, there in no news about what the blkII will be.

the problem that is causing me trouble is the fact that the sources have clearly mentined the the BLK II will be the final version.
now the issue is that there have been no improvements as yet for an AESA radar, better payload or new engine. we havent also heared about any new avionics pack for JFT. this shows that the BLK II will lack all that we hoping it to get, that is, an AESA, better EW suite, poweful engine and more hardpoints! i say this keeping in view that the time line for competion of BLK II delivery as given by the sources in end 2012 and i dont think there will be any massive improvements in this 12 mponths time. remember, production of 50 planes will also take quite a lot of time!

any view on this.
i am a bit worried about what direction JFT is heading to.
i hope we someone can comeup with a slution and news from credible sources!, lets not blow it out of proprotion out of patriotism.

regards!
Arsalan Aslam

the BLK II will be the final version。
-----------------------------------------------
i dont think so.bcz there have a v-head jft pt was testing in yangliang by rumor.many chinese senior member has been confirmed its exist in cdf. What then is the new pt in yanliang. I thought this is very strange.

this is all IFs and MAYBEs as yet, there in no news about what the blkII will be.

the problem that is causing me trouble is the fact that the sources have clearly mentined the the BLK II will be the final version.
now the issue is that there have been no improvements as yet for an AESA radar, better payload or new engine. we havent also heared about any new avionics pack for JFT. this shows that the BLK II will lack all that we hoping it to get, that is, an AESA, better EW suite, poweful engine and more hardpoints! i say this keeping in view that the time line for competion of BLK II delivery as given by the sources in end 2012 and i dont think there will be any massive improvements in this 12 mponths time. remember, production of 50 planes will also take quite a lot of time!

any view on this.
i am a bit worried about what direction JFT is heading to.
i hope we someone can comeup with a slution and news from credible sources!, lets not blow it out of proprotion out of patriotism.

regards!
Arsalan Aslam

What sources? Can you mentioned the so called sources? when some one quote something from a credible source you put question marks and say you need some authenticity , while in your this claim you even don't mentioned the source name rather jst went through with the notion "source" so wats the credibility here?

Secondly my friend you seem to be very pessimistic kind of personality , all i have read in your posts so far in all threads is jst the negativity , even not a single post of your's show something positive , your all claims hold negative and pessimist sense . like "This is not going to happen" "it will not happen" "i don't think it will happen" " i need authentication" etc

the BLK II will be the final version。
-----------------------------------------------
i dont think so.bcz there have a v-head jft pt was testing in yangliang by rumor.many chinese senior member has been confirmed its exist in cdf. What then is the new pt in yanliang. I thought this is very strange.

But I think So, You can't keep experimenting the plane. At a point you need to say "STOP" . You must come up with final version... I think JF17 BLK II will be the final production Variant, china/Pak will produce some 100s of BLK II .

If you guys are experimenting something on JF17, that will be implemented during MLU...

What sources? Can you mentioned the so called sources? when some one quote something from a credible source you put question marks and say you need some authenticity , while in your this claim you even don't mentioned the source name rather jst went through with the notion "source" so wats the credibility here?

Secondly my friend you seem to be very pessimistic kind of personality , all i have read in your posts so far in all threads is jst the negativity , even not a single post of your's show something positive , your all claims hold negative and pessimist sense . like "This is not going to happen" "it will not happen" "i don't think it will happen" " i need authentication" etc

Well the source is Eagle hannan. Pretty credible if you ask me. He only said about the second block being the final version but he also hinted at an AESA, better EW suit, more composites, IFR, more payload and other goodies.

Well the source is Sir.Pshamim. Pretty credible if you ask me. He only said about the second block being the final version but he also hinted at an AESA, better EW suit, more composites, IFR, more payload and other goodies.

Yar my question was banking on arslan's argument, coz in another thread he questioned the credibility of same source which you are mentioning here,Check out the retrospect of the debate

Yar my question was banking on arslan's argument, coz in another thread he questioned the credibility of same source which you are mentioning here,Check out the retrospect of the debate

Yes I know and the point I was trying to make was that the source which talked about the second block being the final one also talked about the AESA and other goodies being incorporated, which Arsalan was pessimistic about. Arsalan yara dont worry the boys have the plans pretty well mapped out. ;)

JXX is 5th gen stealth fighter and FC-20 is the modernise version of J-10B designed specifically for PAF......Will have an AESA and other goodies...... and as the article reports stealth features frm the experience gained through JXX prog...... same goes for JF-17 Thunders later blocks.

j 10b is the test bed for j-20 technologies and they both share similarties in their avionics.

When I was pointing out the same thing no 1 was listining ... I have uploaded 2 suspected pictures of Block II in testing and asking about what's cooking chum ... but see no buddy care to answer and now its coming out ... and I hope its what I actually understand ...

I post these pics in January ::: Viola

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now check in image 2

1 New improved nose with stealthy features and shaped up for some AESA / PESA
2 Changed intakes
3 Reduced R.C.S in L.E.R.X which i actually mean more streamlined and a little reduced in width
4 Similar ECM to Blk-I which is in used not like test bed (as some people are saying that its a test bed 1 before blk-1)

im not sure about the aesa in blk2--- the general atmoshphere in chinese fora wasnt believing the authenticity of this rumour atleast a couple of weeks earlier , according to them , aesa might not be in even j10b at the moment , then how come its been developed for jft blk2 and to be delivered 50 units with aesa within this year

Some tid bids from eagle Hannan

The Block II JF-17 is believed to have AESA radars similar to those observed on the J-10B. The integrated avionics, sensors and EW suite is entirely Chinese and is believed to be at the level of Europes best planes. The AESA radar is a slightly smaller version of the one being utilized for the J-10B. The radar is highly sophisticated and its installation is beyond the present capacity at PAC Kamra and will thus require the aircraft to take a trip to Nanjing, China.

The Block II will be the standard version to be used in the PAF with the older Block Is to be retired after the end of production for the first 150 aircraft. This suggests that the structural changes needed to convert the Block Is to Block II standard are significant, suggesting considerable changes to the revised edition. The following are believed to be some of the key changes:

1. AESA radar

2. Comprehensive upgrades for low RCS profile including cockpit glass, RAM paint, refined structure, completely new nose structure for AESA, significant increase in the use of composites and retractable refueling probe.

3. Awaited integration of A-Darter missiles from Brazil / South Africa with HOBS capability and Brazilian HMS.

4. The BVR missile is the SD-10B which has been found more than a match for the AMRAAM-120 C5s. An unknown Meteor class missile is in the works beyond the SD-10Bs.
A significant export order has been secured and an entire squadron is being dedicated for training and familiarization of foreign pilots (Source: Eagle Hannan,).

Contrary to conflicting reports in the media, he believes that the order for the FC-20s were finalized and that this order has increased to 58 planes. Given the recent crisis post-Abbottabad, the PAF is being beefed up in a hurry and the FC-20s will play a critical role in the defence of the Western sector. Given the nature of the mountainous terrain and the inability to use the F-16s, these platforms along with the JF-17 will prove to be of significant deterrence value. China is believed to be sacrificing its own production requirements to meet PAF's needs in a hurry and unbelievable financial terms appear to have been extended.

These FC-20s are a highly lethal version of the original and incorporate AESA radars, a high degree of composite use, low observability features and an advanced integrated avionics suite. The wide HUD visible on the J-11s are also believed to have been utilized. In Eagle Hannan's update, he notes that the wings have been modified and include over 50% composite use. He also makes the surprising claim that the canard fore-planes have been modified. Both these factors indicate a significant structural and aerodynamic revamp that would require significant changes even in the FBW.Such a revamp was already suspected given the canted nose and the DSI bump.

The same source also indicates that the plane (FC-20) has been praised by pilots and capable of incredible maneuvers including the Cobra so famously performed by the FLANKERs. He notes that FC-20 not only performs this maneuver but also performs it better, recovering significantly faster. While this maneuver is not of great military importance, the maneuverability and Fly-By-Wire (FBW) maturity this indicates, suggest that the FC-20 is a well-evolved and lethal machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom