What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, a small correction.... as per my observation take off was 100 meters shorter than what you indicated.
Corrections are welcome :)

JFTOFF.png

And the Second Aircraft flew a lot before than this distance. It was much higher in the air the moment camera tracked back which Indicates that flew quite earlier, like 20-30% less distance. Has somebody else felt the same?

jf17.jpg

If u look at this image, then u would see three Hangers/bldgs in red circle, which u will aslo note in the video of JF-17 take off run, in that video having same angle, these three buildings seems to be far behind of runway, so can any mark the places from where it started its take off run and from where it took off?

guys please stop it let some thing secret also. i think a team of SSW looking for resarchers of pdf from today because they try to open all the secrets of JFT.AND HELP INDIAN INDIRECTLY.hahhahahaaha

breefing of MKI poilets from next week will be like this - gentelmen as you know pdf resarchers open for us one more secret power of JFT we have to counter it.hahahhahah

jf17.jpg

If u look at this image, then u would see three Hangers/bldgs in red circle, which u will aslo note in the video of JF-17 take off run, in that video having same angle, these three buildings seems to be far behind of runway, so can any mark the places from where it started its take off run and from where it took off?

You are at wrong place!
In below picture points are marked of TO(take off) start/end and the parking lot from where the vedio was shoot.
JFTshoot.png

watch video
Start at 0.28
Take off at 0.46
Approx 18 Sec
Any mathematician, if I relate it to what Tempest II has described with that much weight and the time duration, you guess.

Analysis of the takeoff video.
@0:38 a cloud of black smoke released from the exhaust indicating the pilot has hit the throttle. A second and a half later the plane can clearly been seen in motion.
@0:58 the rear wheels leave the ground, meaning almost 20 seconds spent on the runway.
As of the distance traveled i will have to agree with Batman's estimation. If one looks closely @0:58 to the right of the plane a small narrow strip of road can be seen, now if simultaneously you look at the google earth map provided by Tempest II a narrow strip is visible (this strip is not visible on BATMAN's map) before the big runway with the X marking on it which is intersecting with the runway on which JF 17 is on. The point of take off marked by Tempest II is where the the two big runways intersect, looking at the video at the point of takeoff the strip to the right of the plan is a narrow one, if this was to be the big runway as marked by Tempest II then the width would have been the same as the one used by JF 17. @1:02-1:03 one can notice on the bottom left of the screen that a big intersecting road appears just for fraction of a second, this is the X marking runway on the map and i believe this was the point of take off marked by Tempest II but the plane was already in the air before reaching it. So the runway used up was roughly around 750 meters or less as marked by BATMAN. The second plane seems to have used up even less runway but cannot be conformed from this video.
I think its great work done by TEMPEST II to find out the length of runway used to takeoff and then well done by BATMAN to notice the little difference.
Note: watch the video in full screen mode to see things clearly.

Luftwaffe: JH-7 is a ground attack air craft so i wont agree that it may carrying A2A munitions on MER's (That does not mean that it cant).

Hataf: The air craft could be J-11 too , its unclear though.

J-10b has a cropped Delta wing with a wingtip Missile station.

Hi,

Pakdef is a kiss ar-e, brown nose forum for the millitary. Plus they are so vain and slight in their personalities.

Their mentality is that if you don't talk about the negative issues of pak millitary---they somehow sieze to exist---or never existed---.:pakistan:

By no means perfect, the quality and maturity of the discourse at Pakdef is much better than most other Pakistani military forums. They have better and quicker access to insider information. They also don't have the ustaad versus chota attitude practised by some posters on this forum. Its the quality of the posts rather than the number of posts that matter.

Last edited:
Luftwaffe: JH-7 is a ground attack air craft so i wont agree that it may carrying A2A munitions on MER's (That does not mean that it cant).

Hataf: The air craft could be J-11 too , its unclear though.

J-10b has a cropped Delta wing with a wingtip Missile station.

BB, I couldn't find any J-10 picture with wingtip missiles. Does it really have wingtip missiles?

This is what i see in every picture...

Google Image Result for http://www.irandefence.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=561&stc=1&d=1154787466

Why is the runway length important are we planning to launch the JF17 thunder off a aircraft carrier how long is the runway on the carriers? just out of curiosity:smokin:

Why is the runway length important are we planning to launch the JF17 thunder off a aircraft carrier how long is the runway on the carriers? just out of curiosity:smokin:

Short take off is a very important characteristic not just for ACs.
In war times there could be a situation where runways were bombed and full strip is not available - JF17 will still be able to utilize the remaining runway and take off or land.
It also helps getting jets in skies quickly in war situation.
It is also helpful if the jet is landing on a non-conventional runway i.e. roads/motorways etc.

Last edited:

It's important because shorter runs means quicker re-launch and landings in a war, when every minute is critical. Also, some of the runways to be used or roads/highways during emergencies may not be that long. So pilots must be used to shorter lengths even if normally they would run longer than lets say 900m in this case.

For British Invincible class and most others the runway or flight deck on aircraft carriers can range anywhere from 170m to above.

They use steam catapults or ski jumps anyway. I mean, they won't be having 800m runways there.

By no means perfect, the quality and maturity of the discourse at Pakdef is much better than most other Pakistani military forums. They have better and quicker access to insider information. They also don't have the ustaad versus chota attitude practised by some posters on this forum. Its the quality of the posts rather than the number of posts that matter.

Hi,

Sorry to disagree with you----they don't have a single member of the calibre of some of our american colleagues over here---secondly---and descent from mainline belief is automatic ban---.

There is no free speech even for qualified, educated professionals who have a different opinion.

Oh---they absolutely have that syndrome---say something to hkhan and you will find out---and there is no ustaad vs chota syndrome over here---it is more of sharing out of personal experiences and knowledge---but some people take it as an insult out of ignorance.

This board doesnot ban anyone on disagreeing or stating a different point of view unless it is inflammatory.

How about you----didn't you say that you were expecting to be banned right away and surprised that it didnot happen---that says a lot about this place.

Even thought bossman specifically targets MK's posts, it has become irritating is it me or other members feel the same.

MK I know you won't complain to Mods, but I'll ask Mods to look into this matter what is it bossman's problem with MK, backdoor warning if required be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom