What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please pay attention to what air chief says at 2:28 and then the commentary followed by Dawn reporter till the end. Is it true that PAF is the only air force in the world that designs and produces its own fighters?

Last edited by a moderator:
"...PAF only air force in the world that is designing and producing it's own fighters.""

He is right, PAF is the only country that owns its on manufacturing and assembly plant(PAC). Other Airforces around the world subcontract their orders to companies e.g USAF places order for F15 Eagles to Lockheed Martin, Russian Air Force places order for SU35 to Sukhoi Bureau.

He is right, PAF is the only country that owns its on manufacturing and assembly plant(PAC). Other Airforces around the world subcontract their orders to companies e.g USAF places order for F15 Eagles to Lockheed Martin, Russian Air Force places order for SU35 to Sukhoi Bureau.

I was sure that there were more air forces. Guess I was wrong. I don't think there is any real advantage in any case.

Found this picture in another forum, i think it's similar with JF-17

Click Here

Don't know what this picture is.:cheesy:

Found this picture in another forum, i think it's similar with JF-17

Click Here

Don't know what this picture is.:cheesy:

Its a CGI of a possible design of a future variant of JF-17.

One pic like this one is with twin tales, another one is with a single tail.

This isn't official pictures, they have been generated by someone from the Chinese sources.

Even youtube has a 1 minute video about these CGIs.

Chinese are already working on an improved variant of thunder which will have increased stealth characteristics. This was stated by Sir Parvez Shamim who said that his source informed him that work on an improved variant is under way since 2008. I have my fingers crossed since then. I do not know if it will be as stealthy as the above CGI but there is something going on in Chengdu for sure.

Chinese are already working on an improved variant of thunder which will have increased stealth characteristics. This was stated by Sir Parvez Shamim who said that his source informed him that work on an improved variant is under way since 2008. I have my fingers crossed since then. I do not know if it will be as stealthy as the above CGI but there is something going on in Chengdu for sure.

Well with a Chinese WS-10 series engine, we can have a larger variant of JF-17 design, as the design is perfect and can be modified into a larger airframe.

FC-20 canard-delta design and the JF-17 design, combination of both would be good.

Well with a Chinese WS-10 series engine, we can have a larger variant of JF-17 design, as the design is perfect and can be modified into a larger airframe.

FC-20 canard-delta design and the JF-17 design, combination of both would be good.

Do you have any firm source about design philosophy of twin engine JF-17? if yes then please post me for the same.

The Shenyang WS-10 (or WS10, meaning Woshan 10), codename Taihang, is a turbofan engine that will be used to power the Shenyang J-11 and Chengdu J-10 combat aircraft of China's PLA Air Force (PLAAF).

Components of WS-10
Compressor: 3 fan and 9 compressor stages
Bypass ratio: ~0.78:1
Turbine: 1 high-pressure and 2 low pressure stages
Performance
Maximum Thrust: 132 kN with afterburner (29,675 lb·f)
Turbine inlet temperature: ~1750 K
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.5:1

moderator no hint for jf-17 dun you thnk this engine will not suitable for jf-17 due to its weight? may b another version of ws-10 will b used for jf-17 , i also thnk that Paf may not use the same engine for j-10 and jf-17 what do u thnk?

here are some of the problems that Ws-10 engine have/had

According to an interview publicised in January 2007 with J-10 pilot Li Cunbao (李存宝), the J-10 had not yet been equipped with the domestic WS-10 engine because although the WS-10 could match the performance of its Russian counterpart (the AL-31), there was a serious drawback; the WS-10 took longer to "spool up", i.e. there was a delay in reaching the same thrust output as the Russian engine. Another significant drawback of the WS-10 was the lack of a FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) system, although this has since been addressed.

Do you have any firm source about design philosophy of twin engine JF-17? if yes then please post me for the same.

I didn't said a twin engine JF-17. I meant a bigger engine if procured, like WS-10, then we can make the JF-17 into kind of a F-16 class fighter. Meaning larger then the current specifications, with more weapons load and hard points.

See how the F-16 design with very slight modification was enlarged by the Japaneses making into their Mitsubishi F-2, slight features are:

Some differences in the F-2 from the F-16A:
F2andF16.png

* a 25% larger wing area
* composite materials used to reduce overall weight and radar signature
* longer and wider nose to accommodate a phased-array radar
* larger tailplane
* larger air intake
* three-piece cockpit canopy

The Blue area is the F-2, compared to the original F-16 Block 40 design.

b29af7125aa49d16357c33b0150f30f8.png

The Shenyang WS-10 (or WS10, meaning Woshan 10), codename Taihang, is a turbofan engine that will be used to power the Shenyang J-11 and Chengdu J-10 combat aircraft of China's PLA Air Force (PLAAF).

Components of WS-10
Compressor: 3 fan and 9 compressor stages
Bypass ratio: ~0.78:1
Turbine: 1 high-pressure and 2 low pressure stages
Performance
Maximum Thrust: 132 kN with afterburner (29,675 lb·f)
Turbine inlet temperature: ~1750 K
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.5:1

moderator no hint for jf-17 dun you thnk this engine will not suitable for jf-17 due to its weight? may b another version of ws-10 will b used for jf-17 , i also thnk that Paf may not use the same engine for j-10 and jf-17 what do u thnk?

WS-10 has variants also, plus it won't be a problem if same engine is used in two kind of aircrafts, in US aircraft this happens.

Rather it will give us more ease in the operational and maintenance sections.

Once Ws-10 matures, more powerful variants with different thrusts can be acquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom