What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information listed below is for reference only.yesterday ,someone claimed he had visited Yanliang recently and there was a new variation JF17 being tested at China Flight Test Establishment(CFTE) ,according to his description,it has an J20 style nose,but for some reason ,he refused to reveal more pictures

x6cvt3.jpg

2eauxyq.jpg

^ Cant see anything related to JF-17 even the nose.

Information listed below is for reference only.yesterday ,someone claimed he had visited Yanliang recently and there was a new variation JF17 being tested at China Flight Test Establishment(CFTE) ,according to his description,it has an J20 style nose,but for some reason ,he refused to reveal more pictures

x6cvt3.jpg

2eauxyq.jpg
Chinese Military Aviation has also quoted the same
The latest rumor (March 2011) suggested that an improved version with a stealth optimized forward fuselage is being developed.
But I wonder to what extent this would be possible? It would have to do more with radar development than stealth features.Yet I am not sure if they would have put J-10 J-20 AESA directly into JFT as it would require a more lighter AESA which would mean new AESA test bed in Y-8 (Just my two cents)

Chinese Military Aviation has also quoted the same

But I wonder to what extent this would be possible? It would have to do more with radar development than stealth features.Yet I am not sure if they would have put J-10 J-20 AESA directly into JFT as it would require a more lighter AESA which would mean new AESA test bed in Y-8 (Just my two cents)

May have something to do with both radar (as we are hearing about new improved radar news since first day) as well as coating similar or close to what J-20 holds .

And as J-20 has bigger nose than Jf-17 so re-designing of jf-17's nose as similar to J-20 also means making more room for new bigger radar

x6cvt3.jpg

2eauxyq.jpg

my man i cant really see anything resembling a JF17

my man i cant really see anything resembling a JF17

Take a closer look at the aircraft with the black nose. Probably that will be the JF-17 block 2 new nose which may house a smaller AESA derived from J-10b...

new sqdn will stand up on 11th April - Inshallah!

Indeed they will Inshallah.
NEWS UPDATE: PAF's No. 16 Squadron to stand-up with the JF-17 Thunder on April 11, 2011 replacing the A-5 Fantan.
PAFFALCONS.com

I've been watching thunders for over a week now here in Peshawar - flying in different formations along with Fantans.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/100755-jf17s-spotted-peshawar-while-ago.html

Please MODs merge the above linked thread with this one. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom