What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its old allotment was to 26 Sqn...now after sending 12 a/c to 26 Sqn, Peshawar this one is allotted to 16 Sqn based at Kamra.

Any authentic news of that Black Panther being inducted in PAF. I personally doubt so, because, JFs were suppose to replace Fantans/Mirages, and Fantans are well know as Black Spiders, I don't think there exists anything as Black Panthers.

@NAjAM Khan

Is this wallpaper realy from you? The watermark has your name on it.

Thunders_evaluation_mission.jpg

Any authentic news of that Black Panther being inducted in PAF. I personally doubt so, because, JFs were suppose to replace Fantans/Mirages, and Fantans are well know as Black Spiders, I don't think there exists anything as Black Panthers.
Yes, 16 Sqn is now flying Thunders from its new location Kamra. After evaluating the required strength for a squadron it'll go back to Peshawer.

Off the topic: After induction of Bk52's No.25 Sqn is no more at kamra, they have been posted to Jacobabad....i really miss the delta winged fighter's presence at Kamra:frown:

@NAjAM Khan

Is this wallpaper realy from you? The watermark has your name on it.

Thunders_evaluation_mission.jpg
Yes!

no my friend. there were two squadrons of A-5 in service! one was called "Black Spiders" and the other one "Panthers"!
in feb last year, thunders were inducted as "Black Spiders" to replace A-5s, and inshallah by this month another squadron will be inducted to replace A-5s and will be called Black Panthers.
note - a-5 squadron was called just "Panthers"

Thunder programme seems to progressing very smoothly and rapidly I MUST SAY

no my friend. there were two squadrons of A-5 in service! one was called "Black Spiders" and the other one "Panthers"!
in feb last year, thunders were inducted as "Black Spiders" to replace A-5s, and inshallah by this month another squadron will be inducted to replace A-5s and will be called Black Panthers.
note - a-5 squadron was called just "Panthers"

We are only hearing about mirages being next to go because of higher maintainence costs.
Whereas, it is possible that PAF had grounded all squardens of A-5 but will raise second squarden later.

I have never seen a Thunder in Pak colors with any thing more than a wing tip missile? are there any pics with 4 or 6 weapons.

Things regarding the Radar & BVR have just gone quiet.....will we ever have some good news on this subject???

Things regarding the Radar & BVR have just gone quiet.....will we ever have some good news on this subject???

Well hellloooo!!! does SD-10 ring a bell? it has already been integrated with Thunder .... Also as said by the senior members numerous times, PAF is more than happy with KLJ-7 which in all likelyhood be used for Blk-2 as well. So for the next 100 or so jets, that or a slightly improved version will be the radar.

I dnt want AESA in block II bt

IRST
1 more hardpoint
higher thrust engine
increase in payload
and a radar with atleast 150-160km range
and raad integration

these thngs are important to be done

actually 26 have been fully completed but 22 have been handed over to the PAF after T&E

Well the article says that by middle of last February, 22 had been delivered to No. 26 Squadron while another 8 were going through various flight test phases and would have been delivered by the end of that month.
So going by this account, there should be at least 30 JF-17s in Squadron service.

fuel probe
http://dc192.*******.com/img/1OHKfLnj/0.8103506753403277/JF17Fprobe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom