What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I am not getting the picture. I knew it so perfectly, but cannot figure it out. Either the Pt.6 is on WS-10 or WS-13.
If it is on anyone of them, the remainder is being used by the latest Thudners given to 26 Sqd.

Alright I am not getting the picture. I knew it so perfectly, but cannot figure it out. Either the Pt.6 is on WS-10 or WS-13.
If it is on anyone of them, the remainder is being used by the latest Thudners given to 26 Sqd.

One thing more sir, there were reports that WS-13 has been upgraded to 100 kilonewtons (22,000 lbf) thrust with afterburner.. May be this upgraded version is being incorporated with JFTs now.

Anyway, please let me know if you find any source to your belief.

Pt.6 is on WS-13 and is mentioned by nabil in his posts within his last weeks posts.:smokin:

One thing more sir, there were reports that WS-13 has been upgraded to 100 kilonewtons (22,000 lbf) thrust with afterburner.. May be this upgraded version is being incorporated with JFTs now.

Anyway, please let me know if you find any source to your belief.
HouseofShangai has mentioned in his posts too that the block-II incorporates the WS-13 enjine...:smokin:

Qoyzd.jpg
[/IMG]
Aim at Vikramaditya and fire!

Either C-802 anti-ship missile or C-802KD air-borne land attack cruise missile.

I hoping that with the Block-II we might be able to see a dual seat version with composites, In flight refueling probe and FLIR. I am quite confident that WS-13 with composite(which might reduce the overall weight by 500 kg) with make it Mach 2.0. By the way Eid Mubarak
proxy

huishangai plz dont post your videos in unlisted caregory, raptor had to fish this one out!

Last edited by a moderator:
HouseofShangai has mentioned in his posts too that the block-II incorporates the WS-13 enjine...:smokin:

I am positive JFTs are now using WS-13.. Last Hope had a confusion and I was just trying to make him understand.

Thank you very much for sharing more information..

have I ever said that?:woot:sorry,i'm only a fanboy of JFT, If I said that ,. for your reference only:P

According to chinese infs.chinese WS13 is a RD93 Updated version ( a variant of chinese and russian engine technology .and it also used some USA's engine technology from F404 by the rumor) .last year,chinese official aviation newspaper reported that ws13's first trial flight had made the grade on one prototype of JFT .and this years,some infs suggested that it had launched on the production of WS13s on a large scale.But ,My personal feeling is JFT PT06 could be RD93 now,bcz it still have some black smoke.

huishangai plz dont post your videos in unlisted caregory, raptor had to fish this one out!

I see now:)

At 4.40, See how Smokless J-10 engine is and at 5.15 see how smoky JF-17 engine is at startup. I don't like this at all. RD-93 has some serious problems regarding expelling excessive smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some questions. there was a weapon testing prototype for JF-17 made in 2005/06. Why all these were not tested and integrated on to JF-17?

Again in 2008 4 SBP JF-17 reached Pakistan but we heard SD-10 integrated on JF-17 late 2010 because of interfacing problems.

When we had a weapon and avionic testing prototype for JF-17 4-5 years ago why didn't we did this things then instead of after inducting 10-15 JF-17 we are still integrating them!

It's same like we are installing our first MESMA AIP on our agostas after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom