What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 4.40, See how Smokless J-10 engine is and at 5.15 see how smoky JF-17 engine is at startup. I don't like this at all. RD-93 has some serious problems regarding expelling excessive smoke

Well they are still less smoky than the older Mig-29. And they don't emit smoke all the time.

Alright I am not getting the picture. I knew it so perfectly, but cannot figure it out. Either the Pt.6 is on WS-10 or WS-13.
If it is on anyone of them, the remainder is being used by the latest Thudners given to 26 Sqd.

It is WS-13. WS-10 is for J-10. And WS-13 is only tested for now and isn't operational with any aircraft. It would take time when WS-13 would be ready for use with JFT.

Sir! As for as my memory goes JFT uses both RD-93 (a variant of RD-33) and WS-13..

If JFT is using WS-10 then its a treat for me... BTW technically speaking JFT cant be equipped with WS-10 until you change the design. WS-10 for JFT means more fuel consumption and less range.

Here's the thrust of two engines.

WS-13---- Maximum thrust: 51.2 kilonewtons (11,500 lbf) dry; 86.37 kilonewtons (19,420 lbf) with afterburner

WS-10---- Maximum thrust: 132 kilonewtons (30,000 lbf) with afterburner
Pakistan will get WS-10B with J10-B,WS-13 is disigned for JF-17.

JF-17 is using WS-10. It is being tested with WS-13.

It is using RD-93 which is a variant of RD-33 which a Russian engine used on Mig-29. WS-13 would be used with JF-17. It is being tested nowadays and isn't ready for operational use yet. It would take time(may be more than a year) before it would be ready for use with JFT. WS-10 is for J-10 and has nothing to do with JFT.

I hope this clarifies all the confusion. Stop posting wrong info.

Is this the stealth project in which pakistan is considered as co partner?
It's just a model.We are not sure if it's realy under disign.Now Shenyang is developping J16(Chinese Su-30,it has been lay over) with all efforts.

Guys,FC-1(Pt-06) is not using Chinese engine, rather same old RD-93. Nor is the JF-17 Pt-04 using Chinese.

WS-13 is being used / tested on the older Prototype, the non-DSI one. Once it clears the tests on that prototype, then it would be seen on the DSI prototype.

Hope this clears the issue for now.

it never looked like Fishbed to me from any angle :O

More like pt-03 which is with WS-13, also suggests that a ground attack variant does not need to have a high Angle of Attack or high performance. More like the A-f-16 attack variant.

notice the russian presence in this old pic-=- project33 tot?

HVnSj.jpg

notice the russian presence in this old pic-=- project33 tot?

In the 1990's,A lot of Soviet experts had lost their jobs after the breakup of the USSR.china paid more salary and brought in these Soviet experts at that time.they have no contact with Russian military industrial enterprises. now they are total chinese employees and earn chinese wages. In china ,they have more generous returns than for russia

btw,CAC have many foreign employees now,even have French Dassault men,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom