What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can absolutely not be correct

cost of a plane = 300 / 48 = 6.25 Mil USD

That can not be !

Its ludicrous even as a one time offer to break in the market
Sir, respectfully allow me to correct you as I think you miss calculated ... he said 300 then 500 for 2 different versions. If you add them it becomes 800 million and that means 1.66 Million $$ each which is an approx official price ... But with this I am more worried about our Bosnian brothers that what happin with them in the past ... I can't forget that ethenic clensing of muslims their ... but any way I hope Serbia and Bosnia may understand each other's significance in the region and find a way to co-exist together peacefully ...

welcome to defence.pk hornorfreedom

A source would be much appreciated.

@Zavis2003

Electronics will be coming to china, JFT wont be going to Israel. And we have no loss here. As our JFT wont be using Israeli Radar that we worry about the secrets of those radars and electronics.

Well Sir, quiet interesting scenario ...
you see if an ELTA (AESA) is offered with JFT which is also an option for LCA and other electronics which are from Israel and as we already know that they have one hell state of the art Avionics Industry and array of systems for aerial warfare, like precision striking weapon, radar jammers, EWS, sinthetic apperture radar, glass cockpit etc ...

what this machine might become ...

I never ment to say it become invinsible but I am talking about its ability its would be improved at its level best and in addition in Europe if it is offered by serbia with these potent electronics and with some more potent european engine like EJ-200 what might be the result ...

but I don't know after adding so much of it what might its price would be ... and if it is still in considerable price like with in 25 million will it be considered the same bang against bucks as this is the main reason for this machine to attract to many customers ... but I think by reaching to 25 million it may lose attraction in the favour of 28 million J10 ...

In addition if china has its hands on Israeli Tech ... it might increase their ability in the sector of avionics ...

If Sir Taimi Khan also replied I highly appreciate.

Last edited:
The initial news is Serbian Air Force is looking to purchase 24 units.
I guess they were also talking about 24 units when I checked their provided link..
300/24 = $12.5 million

wiki says Serbia wants to replace and purchase 24 Fighter Jets.
further wiki says:
The air force has declared its intent to purchase new multirole combat aircraft to replace its aging fleet of MiG-21s, still serving as Serbia's primary dogfighter. Officials have not yet announced a tender but have expressed interest in several aircrafts. It seems that the Russian aircraft are the most politically correct, considering that Russia is the tradional ally of Serbia. Other advanages of Russian aircraft is that the air force has already much expirence in the older Russian systems.

I'm not sure which aircraft is serbian looking at refurbished Mig-29 would cost them $29 million where as JFT would cost them as low as $15 million to $20 Million. Yes it seem to be political decision as the world is moving away from Mig-29s russians have found a buyer for their old junk.
Several aircrafts could be: F-16, Mig-29, JFT/J-10, Gripen
All are $30 million+ with gripen the most expensive with 24 units costing $1.5+ billion dollars, F-16 block 42/50+ costing $40-50 million per unit including avionics suite and weapons, Mig-29 cost might go as much as $35 million same goes for J10A, left is JFT.

Last edited:
The initial news is Serbian Air Force is looking to purchase 24 units.
I guess they were also talking about 24 units when I checked their provided link..
300/24 = $12.5 million

wiki says Serbia wants to replace and purchase 24 Fighter Jets.
further wiki says:
The air force has declared its intent to purchase new multirole combat aircraft to replace its aging fleet of MiG-21s, still serving as Serbia's primary dogfighter. Officials have not yet announced a tender but have expressed interest in several aircraft. It seems that the Russian aircraft are the most politically correct, considering that Russia is the tradional ally of Serbia. Other advanages of Russian aircraft is that the air force has already much expirence in the older Russian systems.

I'm not sure which aircraft is serbian looking a refurbished Mig-29 would cost them $29 million where as JFT would cost them as low as $15 million and enough to $20 Million. Yes it seem to be political decision as the world is moving away from Mig-29s russian have found a buyer for their old junk.

Excellent news!!! :victory::victory::victory: On a side note it is a real shame that the Serbs have to purchase Fourth Gen. planes from foreigners. If Yugoslavia were still around they would've had a pretty cool plane of their own.

Novi Avion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is 99% true, that I forgot to mention that the JF17 for The European market will be made in Serbia (Utva) with probably a different label, if your price is little wonder is because China is the target market penetration of the EU, Serbia is the way the EU and they want to use (if you understand me, I use Google translate)
Serbia has a large presence of Chinese population, the Chinese work, bridges, nuclear power, keep the factory off-road vehicle FAP, many more, this is our no surprise, to understand ;)
Welcome to defence.pk honorfredom ...

My friend after I saw this below link I come to know that JFT become a choice in 10 different potent fighters in the world ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian..._Modernization

@ Taimi Khan :: Sir you have posted this link I think you also noticed it as in this forum I didn't found more people from the origin out of China and Pakistan, people don't see JFT as potent as it is competing with its rivals in this list ... and it is most probably winning this contract eating out of 9 others fighters lunch which are even better then JFT ... what is your opinion ... and yes in addition,:D is it going to become the most prolifirated fighter like Mig-21 and F-16 ??? ...

Sir, respectfully allow me to correct you as I think you miss calculated ... he said 300 then 500 for 2 different versions. If you add them it becomes 800 million and that means 1.66 Million $$ each which is an approx official price ... But with this I am more worried about our Bosnian brothers that what happin with them in the past ... I can't forget that ethenic clensing of muslims their ... but any way I hope Serbia and Bosnia may understand each other's significance in the region and find a way to co-exist together peacefully ...

hehe listen like my brother, Bosnia's multi-ethnic state, Muslims live in it 48%, 37% of Serbs, Croats, 14% of the war in Yugoslavia was from 1991 to 1995 and is the largest krvo Prolić after World War II, they all died (my father participated in that war wounded from rifles M70) and veruj mi that all equally pretended crimes (prijatelju mog father Muslims eject all bodies and put in mouth) and culprit for this all nikad You can not blame only Serbs Croats Bosnians, the culprit can be found somewhere in the West, where the aim was the destruction of communism in 1999, he commenced the bombing of Serbia, Serbia with 16 MiG-29 (shot down 11) given a truly heroic effort Serbia shot down 1 F117a, 2 F16, 1 Mirage 2000, 6 Tornado's, and even a large number of aircraft that the USA denied that we are not down, and down we ... Project N / A Supersonic was shut down in 1991 and was a copy of the Dassault Rafale only had one engine, 1992 was supposed to be the first flight, Serbia could produce this aircraft, but they need a partner, after all Serbian Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac said of new aircraft is expected technology transfer, Serbs love Pakistans :pakistan:

Welcome to defence.pk honorfredom ...

My friend after I saw this below link I come to know that JFT become a choice in 10 different potent fighters in the world ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian..._Modernization

@ Taimi Khan :: Sir you have posted this link I think you also noticed it as in this forum I didn't found more people from the origin out of China and Pakistan, people don't see JFT as potent as it is competing with its rivals in this list ... and it is most probably winning this contract eating out of 9 others fighters lunch which are even better then JFT ... what is your opinion ... and yes in addition,:D is it going to become the most prolifirated fighter like Mig-21 and F-16 ??? ...
A country dont always go for what is best in the market....It goes for what it need and what it can afford...

Plus All other fighters in that list cost more than 40 Million.....While JFT cost 16 to 18 Million......and J10 28 Million

FOR Serbia is the most profitable purchase 48 Thunder, the reason for the price and quantity, F16 Block 60 has little chance because of his age cost, quality and NATO F18 Super Hornet unlikely NATO Eurofighter Typhoon - the price (but the EF Serbs were the most interested), Dassault Rafale - price, Su-30MK - size, MiG-29m2 - electronics, MiG-35 - INDIA, J-10 (waiting for B version), JF-17 the most realistic OPTION

Project N / A Supersonic was shut down in 1991 and was a copy of the Dassault Rafale only had one engine, 1992 was supposed to be the first flight, Serbia could produce this aircraft, but they need a partner, after all Serbian Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac said of new aircraft is expected technology transfer, Serbs love Pakistans :pakistan:
I thought Serbians hated Pakistan...anyways...if Serbia is interested in JF-17, I do think Pakistan will sell in full honesty. The JF-17 will be available with different configurations and capabilities, but the baseline one (as shown at Farborough Air Show) would cost around $20mn per fighter for sure. Even this version is multi-role and would come with a good ECM/EW, avionics, radar, etc suite...as well as capable of using BVR, precision-strike, anti-ship, etc. Higher variants would come with French radar, avionics, ECM/EW, weapon-systems, etc.

Yes, Mark I'm also under the impression that Serbians spread all over Europe hated Pakistan.
However, in real world their is no alternate of JF-17 even the base line model will have all the goodies which are only available in 45million $ fighter.

Serbia was announced as potential customer at the squarden induction speech of ACM.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

hehe listen like my brother, Bosnia's multi-ethnic state, Muslims live in it 48%, 37% of Serbs, Croats, 14% of the war in Yugoslavia was from 1991 to 1995 and is the largest krvo Prolić after World War II, they all died (my father participated in that war wounded from rifles M70) and veruj mi that all equally pretended crimes (prijatelju mog father Muslims eject all bodies and put in mouth) and culprit for this all nikad You can not blame only Serbs Croats Bosnians :
You are right honor ... thanks for the replying about my concern ...
the culprit can be found somewhere in the West, where the aim was the destruction of communism in 1999 :
No doubt about it ...
he commenced the bombing of Serbia, Serbia with 16 MiG-29 (shot down 11) given a truly heroic effort Serbia shot down 1 F117a, 2 F16, 1 Mirage 2000, 6 Tornado's, and even a large number of aircraft that the USA denied that we are not down, and down we ... :
:devil: :D:D ... then think about it what we can do :azn: (Just a comment not regarding you) ...
Project N / A Supersonic was shut down in 1991 and was a copy of the Dassault Rafale only had one engine, 1992 was supposed to be the first flight, Serbia could produce this aircraft, but they need a partner, after all Serbian Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac said of new aircraft is expected technology transfer, Serbs love Pakistans :pakistan:
Well I must say lets make "Project N / A" together with 2 engines if it is as good as Rafale :woot:
You people come to the right place we love our friends as much as they love us :smitten:

You people come to the right place we love our friends as much as they love us :smitten:

Listen and thus, the Serbs do not like the following countries: ALBANIA, CROATIA, USA, TURKEY, NETHERLANDS and love: Russia, Greece, France, Sweden, China, Spain, Romania and the great respect we have to: IRAQ, PAKISTAN (many of them think that = INDIA PAKISTAN), INDIA :-) D)

A country dont always go for what is best in the market....It goes for what it need and what it can afford...
Absolutely sir, but here I didn't mean to go for it, I mean what it may become, I mean kind of solution or increased ability against price tag, does it keeps it in the same league of its own ...

Plus All other fighters in that list cost more than 40 Million.....While JFT cost 16 to 18 Million......and J10 28 Million
Exactly thats what I said, bang for buck ...

Generally, the southern Europeans have a strong hatred/dislike for muslims, due to their history of rule by muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom