What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that PAF is not going for too much upgrades at once may very well be disappointing for some ...

But for me its reenforcing the fact that it is very good in its present shape..the only things that have been confirmed are IFR,some avionics upgrades,data linking etc etc...

What people tend to forget is that what we thought was a number making project with decent quality.... has evolved in to something else that we didn't thought....like most of the PAF call the performance of JF-17 as a "pleasant surprise"...even if you go back to older threads in this very forum you will see people saying there is no way in hell it can compete with M2K ,Mig-29's or F-16's something that we quite easily managed to do with the Jf-17...
(you know mikhal pogosyon declaring it a market rival to the Mig-29,JF-17 hammering F-16 A/B's,SAAb saying it has to keep an eye on the project etc)

Like I said many thought of it as a numbers making project...and now Alan warnes saying that PAF airchief wants to actually reduce the squadrons says alot....

While we may not be getting a complete change and getting extraordinary capabilities in one go... but thats the correct way to do things .. slowly and steadily unlike our counterparts that set a goal and delay it by decades...and with the end results being even lower then bench marked...
(just take a look at the evolution of JF-17 for example PT-01 wasn't anything special..PT-04 shocked many people around the world and the project being better and better..an example is the KLJ-07...many thought at the time it was a bad choice and yet we ended up hearing that its as bit as capable or maybe even more than the likes of RC-400 or early APG-68's)

This is how a good project should run,it should have a whole array of options .... and with continuous up-gradation we can hopefully do something better in the interest of our country...

BT AESA would be expansive as well as a tech nt 100% mastered by china

though we are confirmed about AESA as it is already seen on j-10B and nt costy at all

JF-17 already have IRST ...i strongly dont think soo ..... however PAF have been using Poded version of IRST ...for more than 10 years back ...the system was developed by the PAF itself ...

a little clip of static JFT on dubai airshow
link;
Dubai Air Show Part 2. - YouTube

M346 only have 1s and JFT have at least 40s on the programme , it seems like that UAETV also enjoyed JFT very much^^

JSnLH.jpg

We still DO NOT know for sure what radar the BLK 2 will house in its radome. It is still a mystery for me because my source and Huitong still maintain it will be an AESA. Airchief says otherwise. Mystery continues....

Actually its the estimated project timeline & squadron's re-equipment needs that is refraining PAF from getting such items in Block-II. I recall two of my posts on this same thread some time ago, both have been proved true...pretty much:D

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...er-multirole-fighter-thread-4-a-212.html#3173
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...er-multirole-fighter-thread-4-a-213.html#3193

Actually its the estimated project timeline & squadron's re-equipment needs that is refraining PAF from getting such items in Block-II. I recall two of my posts on this same thread some time ago, both have been proved true...pretty much:D

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...er-multirole-fighter-thread-4-a-212.html#3173
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...er-multirole-fighter-thread-4-a-213.html#3193

hehehe sir ji i think you are secret PAF employ :D

in other words your agent SALT of PAF :P

Like I said many thought of it as a numbers making project...and now Alan warnes saying that PAF airchief wants to actually reduce the squadrons says alot....

sirjee, 150 a/c are assured. the other reason for reducing could be financial....its becoming a serious issue....

My brain works perfectly when I have an exam...sorry forgot to mention it works perfectly for every other thing but the examination subjects..LOlzzz..Enough of this BS...

I was thinking lately about the French upgrades which were cancelled ... i only have bits of what we were going to get had the plan went as we expected...

-MICA BVRAAM
-RC-400 radar
-Avionics upgrades
-EW suite upgrades (with Nabil bhai saying we asked for a customized version of Spectra)

And I remember at the time that all of the members were like hurraahhhhh and stuff...

Now lets take a general overview and compare the French upgrades with the upgrades confirmed

MICA --- SD-10 (Version B being developed for JF-17 and will be
integrated later)

RC-400 --- KLJ-07 (Confirmed at Dubai that KLJ-07 was some what upgraded
also a report in which PAF guys said it is as bit as capable as its
French counterpart.

Avionics --- We also have avionics upgrades in JF-17 Block II

EW suite --- A new jammer KG-300G maybe and in general improvement in
electronic warfare capabilities was mentioned in Dubai.

And then we have IFR and better data linking as a bonus...

What this tells me is that we didn't in any way lower our requirements after French pulled the plug on the deal... in fact it looks like its going to get better from here on out...

Plus we dont even know to which extent the avionics or EW suite being better,,just a little note they were second or on par (as some say) to the Block 52 F-16's.

:china::pakistan:

sirjee, 150 a/c are assured. the other reason for reducing could be financial....its becoming a serious issue....

My thinking is they are going for 150 FOR NOW! As the years go by, and money becomes available, I see anoth 50-100 ordered some 5 years or less from now.

I hope im right on this but didn't we replace 250 F-6's with just 180 odd F-7 P's and PG's
now like you said the reason could be financial or it could be just that the JF-17 offers twice the output/capability..
i'll believe in the latter cuz of two reasons

1.Cuz im a fanboy who wholeheartedly loves the PAF and thinks that it can do no wrong..

2.I think that when dealing with China the financial aspect isn't as big of an issue as it is while shopping from the west...A strong armed PAF is in the interest of China....

And I think you know better than everyone what our strategy was in the 90's and 2000's era with no BVR capability..we relied on numbers and with numbers come maintainability issues (as we can see the crashes are on a high lately)...

We dont know the final numbers..like you said 150 are confirmed..how much more is a mystery however having 3 different blocks and a 2 seat version says that its going to be more than 150...
Atleast thats what i think...
And lets go back on what warnes said "he said that PAF wanted to decrease the No. of squadrons..how much is not even mentioned...
Currently we have 300 odd jets (mirages and F-7's) to be replaced....if they are replaced by 150-200 odd JF-17's I wouldn't be upset as they are a generation ahead of what they are replacing in overall capability...

PAF squardorns were recently increased in 90s (if i am not wrong) to counter the technology gap we inducted huge amounts of miragess and f-7s , as the thunder is very much superior aircraft paf will happily reduce it numbers.
i think PAF would not keep more than 400 fighters ..so most probably
150 thunders
150 j-10/f-16 mix (already we have 77 confirmed f-16s)

rest 100 will be most likly the j-xx or future thunder.. there were past news that thunder will be inducted in 150 and 100 number the latter being stealth..so its probably that latter is actually the j-2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom