What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which will come first? This thread hitting 1000 pages or JF-17 "Block 2"? Place your bets!

well it's showing page 524 on mobile. thread started on 2010. if we have a active discussing it will reach 1000. pages by 2014, perfect time for block 2 to come.

lol at Desperate Indians.
Just Stick to the Thread and you will surly hear some HART BREAKING news in upcoming THUNDERING events of IDEAS 2012 & AIR SHOW CHINA 2012, way before 1000 posts. Inshallah

First time I've (edit) noticed (edit) such a weird configuration.

Normally, it is 2 colored nav lights (red and green/solid), 1 solid white at the tail, strobes at the wings and fuselage, and a revolving red light (anti-collision) also at the mid section of the fuselage.

Maybe ground troops need to see the movement of jet, hence nav lights at the underside of the wings.

Nav lights are always visible from all sides (360 degrees).

391968_288771427819826_838537655_n.jpg

Aslam-o-Alaikum,

My question is a little off the topic. In my view, Pakistan should start working on developing its own engine. I know its a very long and difficult process, but so was the development of nuclear weapons. Everything has first step. Pakistan has operated a large number of F-6, F7 and Q5. Has rebuild factory of F6 at Kamra. We can start our work from the technical know-how we have of Liming Wopen-6A (Tumansky RD-9B) and Liyang Wopen-13F. Lets say we reach a milestone of developing a jet engine capable of running our own trainer jet in 10 years from now, it would be a great achievement. If we continue to rely only on China for everything, we will never be able to produce something of our own (just like cars, buses, trucks or locomotives)

there is a buzz in airforce hierarchy for future engine development, license manufacturing in Pakistan. Still long way to go

there is a buzz in airforce hierarchy for future engine development, license manufacturing in Pakistan. Still long way to go

That buzz is a bit too optimistic, since Pakistan has zero metallurgical base to build upon that.

We cant even get an auto engine up and running from scratch and have to import the engine block for christs sake.

Dont get me wrong..
All the 3d mapping, dimensions etc of many jet engines including the PW-100 has been done locally.
But all that gives is an understanding of engine design at best.. not manufacturing process

That buzz is a bit too optimistic, since Pakistan has zero metallurgical base to build upon that.

We cant even get an auto engine up and running from scratch and have to import the engine block for christs sake.

Dont get me wrong..
All the 3d mapping, dimensions etc of many jet engines including the PW-100 has been done locally.
But all that gives is an understanding of engine design at best.. not manufacturing process

Boss you r right but i dont agree that we have zero metallurgical base. We have thousands of engineers trained by Dr. AQ Khan who is a metallurgist himself. If we can work with elements like Uranium, we can work with other metals too. Its just to get in positive frame of mind. I m 100% sure, give your scientists an objective, give them resources, they can provide u with result. Regards

Boss you r right but i dont agree that we have zero metallurgical base. We have thousands of engineers trained by Dr. AQ Khan who is a metallurgist himself. If we can work with elements like Uranium, we can work with other metals too. Its just to get in positive frame of mind. I m 100% sure, give your scientists an objective, give them resources, they can provide u with result. Regards

That is your online answer.
Resources and lack of infrastructure is the main issue. Few years ago, PAF decided to assemble K-8 advance jet trainers in PAC, Structure Buildup Group (SBG) was formed, investments was made as well...resources were allocated too but work never started. So, funds were transferred to JF17 project and K-8 assembly was put in the pipeline. Funds allocation (and transfer) on time is another story.

two main manufacturing capabilities Pakistan lack is

engine manufacturing from scratch
radar designing and most important t/r modules local manufacturing infra(i heard that the new Nescom electronics complex will have the infrastructure capabilities for t/r modules manufacturing though)

i hope any private firms invest in these 2 sector
as that yasoob truck Program was hit by army officials kick backs because for that a engine manufacturing was said to have been installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom