What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jf17 has become one of the important asset of PAF so do expect some secrecy we most of us are just fan boys relying on News on net and all... The point Jf17 blk 2 will have Aesa well I think I have a better answer that is That Jf17 should have Aesa or other small updates are not enough to consider it a new block. If jf17 blk2 is rolled out without Aesa is probably because there is no reasonable radar that validates PAF requirement. The nose cone is indeed being modified so maybe as soon as the good radar is offered they might equip with Aesa.

The current radar is also good with Awacs it can compete against passive radar fighters. Furthermore the Radar has been update to KLJ7v2 already which is a good radar. The Bar radar of Su30Mki also has an equivalent range to Klj7v2 the difference is PESA which is better than pd but not so much good than PD radar that's the reason Aesa was inducted in jets earlier than expected.

Furthermore the new zhukh radar of MIG 29 for indian navy is exact same in range as jf17 block 1. Since rafale deal is suspended or worse ( crippled ) than there is no hurry to get Aesa so soon.

Message to all: What we are now capable of is 100 times better than just 5 years ago we have inducted so sophisticated systems. Like Awacs and TPS AESA radar so The Location of fighters of any enemy is already known as they enter pakistan there wont be fight b/w jets longer than the range of 80km which is for both airforce jets detectable.

In my opinion they are waiting for a good Aesa till than nose has been changed already to accomodate aesa. so wait ! we have a good radar for jf17 for now.

jf1703r2.jpg
[/IMG]

http://www.defence.pk/forums/modellers-forum/91183-military-aviation-modelling-jf-17-a-11.html

are they available at PAF Museum-Drigh Road?

jf17 has become one of the important asset of PAF so do expect some secrecy we most of us are just fan boys relying on News on net and all... The point Jf17 blk 2 will have Aesa well I think I have a better answer that is That Jf17 should have Aesa or other small updates are not enough to consider it a new block. If jf17 blk2 is rolled out without Aesa is probably because there is no reasonable radar that validates PAF requirement. The nose cone is indeed being modified so maybe as soon as the good radar is offered they might equip with Aesa.

The current radar is also good with Awacs it can compete against passive radar fighters. Furthermore the Radar has been update to KLJ7v2 already which is a good radar. The Bar radar of Su30Mki also has an equivalent range to Klj7v2 the difference is PESA which is better than pd but not so much good than PD radar that's the reason Aesa was inducted in jets earlier than expected.

Furthermore the new zhukh radar of MIG 29 for indian navy is exact same in range as jf17 block 1. Since rafale deal is suspended or worse ( crippled ) than there is no hurry to get Aesa so soon.

Message to all: What we are now capable of is 100 times better than just 5 years ago we have inducted so sophisticated systems. Like Awacs and TPS AESA radar so The Location of fighters of any enemy is already known as they enter pakistan there wont be fight b/w jets longer than the range of 80km which is for both airforce jets detectable.

In my opinion they are waiting for a good Aesa till than nose has been changed already to accomodate aesa. so wait ! we have a good radar for jf17 for now.

Klj7-2 has the same range as Su-30 bars radar..!
Klj7-1 has the same range of Mig-29k radar which has got two engines from the same engine family.

Good Analysis

Klj7-1 has the same range of Mig-29k radar which has got two engines from the same engine family.

Good Analysis

I am confused. What does two engines has to do with the Radar of the Mig-29K? If you are referring to the fact that the airframe is larger and it accommodates a bigger radar, then I can understand your point. Also, please post what radar is used by the Mig 29K and it's range, etc?

I am confused. What does two engines has to do with the Radar of the Mig-29K? If you are referring to the fact that the airframe is larger and it accommodates a bigger radar, then I can understand your point. Also, please post what radar is used by the Mig 29K and it's range, etc?
Althrough i am not an expert but as far as i know you need Power to operate radar and that power is produced by engines...

are they available at PAF Museum-Drigh Road?

Amazon.com: Trumpeter 1/72 Chinese FC1 Fierce Dragon Fighter (Pakistani JF17 Thunder): Toys & Games

Bronco 1 48 FB4001 Pakistani Air Force JF 17 Fighter | eBay

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/carcd48014.htm

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DM0526

He mustve bought both kits [in same scale] and made a model by selecting better parts from the two kits. He got decals from a separate sight, he made the wmd7 pod out of some other chiese pod avalable.. same is the case with cockpit and launch rails ---- This is not a ready made model rather an hybrid of 2 kits and modified separate collectors items

Good Analysis

Dude 120-35km against 5m^2 for Bars , 130 for Zhuk mig29k radar and Jf17 v2 version has 132 km for 5m^2 .... Thats how I said Engine has nothing to do with radar engagement range !!

Check it urself ! and again if we look at the calculations MKI has greater RCS so the jf17 probably gonna detect it first ... However EW of MKI can jam it thats other factor cause JF17 DEEC EW is also there.

That is the GOD damn reason why Super Sukhoi program is initiated!

jf1703r2.jpg

As many external fuel stores/drop tanks as bombs? I realize Pakistanis want to project this aircraft as "multi-role" but perhaps an attack variant and a fighter variant may be a good idea - Why? Because it's a small ship, and calling it to undertake all roles is unreasonable

Can someone pease tell me how JF-17 Thunders are there in Pakistan's 2 Squadrons.

Wikipedia says, the first Squadron has 14 aircraft. I had assumed 18 aircrafts made up a single squadron of JF-17 Thunders.

Could brothers please confirm and clarify?

Much appreciated.

Dude 120-35km against 5m^2 for Bars , 130 for Zhuk mig29k radar and Jf17 v2 version has 132 km for 5m^2 .... Thats how I said Engine has nothing to do with radar engagement range !!

Check it urself ! and again if we look at the calculations MKI has greater RCS so the jf17 probably gonna detect it first ... However EW of MKI can jam it thats other factor cause JF17 DEEC EW is also there.

That is the GOD damn reason why Super Sukhoi program is initiated!

Which is the No:1 BVR Fighter Aircraft in South Asia ?

A good read.. go through it, You won't get authentic sources on RCS.

And the power generated by the engine matters, hence the engine capability. Its been discussed in legnth here.

Super Sukoi anyways will come in between. Not only for Su family, but all the jets it will happen to absorb the recent technology into the fighter jets. Be it, JFT, LCA, Rafale, J-10...all will get upgraded.

Good Analysis

The Zhuk-ME features steered array radar antenna and is intended for the Mig-29 aircraft. It can detect airborne targets with a five square meter Radar Cross Section (RCS) at ranges of 110-120 kilometers in the forward hemisphere or 50 kilometers in the rear hemisphere while tracking 10 targets and engaging four of them simultaneously.

Zhuk-ME

The Bars radar fitted on the Su-30MKI is a hybrid radar that fits between a PESA and contemporary AESA radar. It features a detection range of 76 nm (141km) (50 nm form the rear hemisphere). It has 0.9m diameter antenna The phased array can electronically steer the mainlobe through +/-70 degrees in azimuth and +/-40 degrees in elevation. The whole array can be further steered mechanically. Polarisation can be switched by 90 degrees for surface search modes.

The radar can simultaneously track both air and ground targets and engage 4 to 8 targets.

Modern Fighter Aircraft Radars - IDP Sentinel

Which is the No:1 BVR Fighter Aircraft in South Asia ?

A good read.. go through it, You won't get authentic sources on RCS.

And the power generated by the engine matters, hence the engine capability. Its been discussed in legnth here.

Super Sukoi anyways will come in between. Not only for Su family, but all the jets it will happen to absorb the recent technology into the fighter jets. Be it, JFT, LCA, Rafale, J-10...all will get upgraded.
A very fictional link u have shared. Its only good for those who dont have a first hand info.
The lack of knowledge that Indians have in this forum is not a secret. and when i see this link share by an indian national as a '' good read'' then its not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom