What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone pease tell me how JF-17 Thunders are there in Pakistan's 2 Squadrons.

Wikipedia says, the first Squadron has 14 aircraft. I had assumed 18 aircrafts made up a single squadron of JF-17 Thunders.

Could brothers please confirm and clarify?

Much appreciated.

There were 18-18 units per squadron now it has been changed to accompany the third squadron.

Dude 120-35km against 5m^2 for Bars , 130 for Zhuk mig29k radar and Jf17 v2 version has 132 km for 5m^2 ...

First of all, Russian PESA and AESA radars are evaluated against 3m² targets, unlike their puls doppler radars, secondly, where is the source for the JF 17 radar range?

First of all, Russian PESA and AESA radars are evaluated against 3m² targets, unlike their puls doppler radars, secondly, where is the source for the JF 17 radar range?

130km for 5m2 target confirmed officially

JF-17 Project director AVM Javaid Ahmad disclosed radar range in an interview given to kanwa

Which is the No:1 BVR Fighter Aircraft in South Asia ?

A good read.. go through it, You won't get authentic sources on RCS.

And the power generated by the engine matters, hence the engine capability. Its been discussed in legnth here.

Super Sukoi anyways will come in between. Not only for Su family, but all the jets it will happen to absorb the recent technology into the fighter jets. Be it, JFT, LCA, Rafale, J-10...all will get upgraded.

Worst article and biased article ever!

need you opinion on the other thread where i mentioned you.

Sorry to interrupt the party guys @sancho
@Oscar sorry to you too, we had a lengthy thread about the link i copied here earlier too.

Why dont you quote the source/information of the article and make it prove that the same is biased by logic than one liners?

Why dont you quote the source/information of the article and make it prove that the same is biased by logic than one liners?

I do not believe a 9mm will not do or not act like 5.56x45

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to interrupt the party guys @sancho
@Oscar sorry to you too, we had a lengthy thread about the link i copied here earlier too.

I do not believe a 9mm will not do or not act like 5.56x45

Not following you?
What are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not following you?
What are you talking about?

You thanked one of the post here of one Pakistani as below"
A very fictional link u have shared. Its only good for those who dont have a first hand info.
AAnd the lack of knowledge that Indians have in this forum is not a secret. and when i see this link share by an indian national as a '' good read'' then its not surprising.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...irole-fighter-thread-5-a-4.html#ixzz2SFy1Lio3

There were a separate thread in length about the above article and I mentioned in my post too that the there is no authentic source about the RCS of different fighters.

There were 18-18 units per squadron now it has been changed to accompany the third squadron.

at the moment all the a/c are being alloted 50/50 to both 16 and 26 squadron - 20 each. the earlier 8 a/c remain under the T&EW - test and evaluation wing or unit.

So, how many JF-17 Thunders are there currently in the first squadron? 18 or 20. :unsure:

So, how many JF-17 Thunders are there currently in the first squadron? 18 or 20. :unsure:
It is apparent isn't it? 40 units are operational. The earlier configuration was 18-18 and not it is 20-20 for some while. When the third squadron rises, then a likely arrangement shall be 16-16-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom