What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Considering that the MiG-21 PF/MiG-21PFS, MiG-21PFM and MiG-21FL ,MiG-21 R, MiG-21 S/MiG-21M and MiG-21 SM/MiG-21MF,MiG-21 MT and MiG-21 SMT all used saddle tanks.. I believe thats more than few. But as you wish.

2.Isnt Skin Friction, Form considered a part of parasitic drag?? i.e the drag due to the object moving through the fluid? :what:

3. Yes.. which is why the physical dimensions of the model lead to the fuel argument.

1. Yes they come under parasitic drag. Parasitic drag is sub divided into Form and Skin Friction. While Form drag deals with cross sectional area, skin friction deals with the friction between surface and the fluid. ( Cross sectional area will remain mostly the same but skin friction will increase.) (Parasitic drag will increase but due to SKin friction and not Form). Still I am kinda rusty on these definitions part so you may have to check it out for yourself.

2. Wait and See.

Enough with the spine. It's either going to carry fuel or avionics, or both.

Secondly, I thought PAF was going with the F-22/35 style single seat fighter. I guess simulators aren't training pilots fast enough..

Come to think of it, I guess that's why third squadron hasn't been up yet.

so what's the reason Pakistan hasnt added a jf 17 sqd in last 2 years...?

PAF has three squadrons of JF-17 currently , a single squadron consists of 16 aircrafts , Pakistan has around 52 JFT's at the moment , maybe you missed the last one because it wasn't announced officially .

PAF has three squadrons of JF-17 currently , maybe you missed the last one because it wasn't announced officially .

Which squad is that? And when you say it was not announced officially, what other ways or announcements are there?

Which squad is that? And when you say it was not announced officially, what other ways or announcements are there?

You may want to ask this question to a more knowledgeable member on the forum .

Insider reports , discrepancies in announced sqadrons , their strengths and the current known number of aircrafts that have rolled out of the production line etc

You may want to ask this question to a more knowledgeable member on the forum .

Insider reports , discrepancies in announced sqadrons and the current known strengths etc

and what would be the reasons for not announcing the 3rd sqd (i guess that was to be announced on 10th Jan 2013)...

and what would be the reasons for not announcing the 3rd sqd (i guess that was to be announced on 10th Jan 2013)...

air refulling capability and HUD and HMD with more advanced radar(?) maybe stopping them to induce it so that these capabilities are also induced in those JFT once & for all……:coffee:

air refulling capability and HUD and HMD with more advanced radar(?) maybe stopping them to induce it so that these capabilities are also induced in those JFT once & for all……:coffee:

Air refueling is one of the up gradation for Blk 2?

So you think that the production after the 1st 2 squads has been stopped to bake in these enhancements before the 3rd squad is inducted?

Air refueling is one of the up gradation for Blk 2?

By the end of summer (August-September), We will see Block 2 with Static IFR: Project Director JF-17

So you think that the production after the 1st 2 squads has been stopped to bake in these enhancements before the 3rd squad is inducted?

48-49 JF-17 has been produced. Latest promotional video of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex confirm this fact. As to why 3rd squadron is not raised, it's a mystery but an approximate guess would be, since there is shortage of funds, things have been scaled down, and test and evaluation squadron activities have been happening at slow pace which means JF-17 proper induction would take time. It's T&E squad which is causing delay in 3rd squadron official induction

other can be engine issue (probs in engine import)
or to resolve some issues noted in JFT(?)……

so what's the reason Pakistan hasnt added a jf 17 sqd in last 2 years...?
You can blame everything on finance and get away with it safely.
PAF has three squadrons of JF-17 currently , a single squadron consists of 16 aircrafts , Pakistan has around 52 JFT's at the moment , maybe you missed the last one because it wasn't announced officially .
There are two squadron of JF-17 operational and the third ready for raising. The first two squadrons had 16 aircraft each, but some pictures that emerged recently show some units from the operational squadron with changed serial numbers. This suggests that there will be alterations in the existing squadron's figures to accompany the third squadron. There are 51 aircraft produced AFAIK (one crashed during test trials in November 11'). The likely configuration if 16-14-14
There were suggestions for a particular squadron. In such matters, I only guarantee something that I have personally verified. So I'll say that; 2 particular squadron were chosen for raising the third squadron over the time. First squadron was dropped because of the time and mess it was creating for changing to JFT (somewhere near coastal line). The second squadron has similar problem of training the pilots and crew onto the JFT, which was taking too much time. Like I said earlier, you can bring finance too in this matter. (This airbase is one of the major operational bases).

3rd SQD is under development......
Its two seated aircraft, with new engine display on PARIS 2013 Aerial Exhibition held on 16th June 2013.

The FG defense team noticed this model of a two-seat Chengdu JF-17 fighter, though it looks like it also has fatter spine aft of the cockpit. The engine nozzle also looks different from the Klimov RD-93, so this model would probably be equipped with the Guizhou WS-13 turbofan. Our Asia expert Greg Waldron will have more on this later--assuming the Chinese feel like talking (and they often do).

Source Link

PAS2013-JF-17-two-seat-thumb-560x358-178219.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom