Status
Not open for further replies.
JF17 capable to refuel in mid air.

1011827_10151695000719919_1226888940_n.jpg

PARIS: USA moves to reform export controls
PARIS: USA moves to reform export controls
By: Dave Majumdar Paris
04:00 19 Jun 2013
The US government is taking steps to ease the licensing burden to sell US-built aircraft and engines on the world market. The move comes as recognition that the aerospace industry is the country's biggest exporter.
The Obama administration is hoping to double US exports in 2014, says Chandra Brown, deputy assistant secretary of commerce for manufacturing. She notes that the aerospace industry already exports $118 billion in equipment each year.
To help facilitate that goal, the US government has revamped its munitions list and moved many items to the commerce list, which will make it easier to secure export licences, says Dennis Krep, the director of sensors and aviation division of the Bureau of Industry and Security at the Commerce Department. The onerous requirements of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations was driving many companies to design hardware without US content, he says.
Many aircraft and engine components are no longer going to be covered under ITAR, Krep says. Instead they will fall under a 600 series category on the commerce list, he says. In the case of 36 nations that are close allies, once a device is exported to one of them, an exemption will allow for re-exports to any of the others.
More changes will be announced in the coming month as more revised rules are released, Krep says. The next set will deal with maritime hardware.

Damn... I hate those IFR Probes sticking out. Would have been nice to see this:

Same here but ri8 now paf want minimum cost increase per jet and easy maintenance

Shouldn't the Aerial Refueling Tank with Retractable probe cost less in the longer run (no modifications required in the aircaft except for some fuel system modifications)?

And maintenance should be easy, if the tank is not working just replace it with another one.

But I fail to understand why no other country is opting for it.

Shouldn't the Aerial Refueling Tank with Retractable probe cost less in the longer run (no modifications required in the aircaft except for some fuel system modifications)?

And maintenance should be easy, if the tank is not working just replace it with

l thought that the cost of the retractable probe was a factor in the decision making loop of the PAF. Now people want to insert a retractAble probe in a tank which might have to be jetisoned in a war scenario. If we are going along those lines then we should be thinking of CFTs
Araz

1. Yes they come under parasitic drag. Parasitic drag is sub divided into Form and Skin Friction. While Form drag deals with cross sectional area, skin friction deals with the friction between surface and the fluid. ( Cross sectional area will remain mostly the same but skin friction will increase.) (Parasitic drag will increase but due to SKin friction and not Form). Still I am kinda rusty on these definitions part so you may have to check it out for yourself.

2. Wait and See.

If I base it on that, and the various definition of both form and skin friction.. THEN.. the increase in height of the cockpit area due to the second seat should also factor in form drag. So If I understand you right then the required length of the spine to is to reduce skin friction and not form drag which is unaffected(??) due to the change in design?

uptill now the verdict was that jf-17 dual seater will not be developed..so it seems from models that they will be working on it.
also in previous thread people mentioned that jf-17 is already FBW in all axis?

you should get it by now never trust insider news of people

And maintenance should be easy, if the tank is not working just replace it with another one.

because it would screw up the weight and balance of the aircraft.
And also you wouldn't be able to carry more weapons. The whole point of mid-air fueling is to free up the space being used by fuel tanks.
Maybe that's why it just remained to "research" phase and never got through.

you should get it by now never trust insider news of people

pictures, or it never happened. That's the rule I go by now.

And how would you re-fuel in real war scenario if the fighter has dropped his tanks for WVR fight?

Damn... I hate those IFR Probes sticking out. Would have been nice to see this:
f-16-vista-sargent-fletcher-art-s-pod.jpg

This is really ideal for long range missions & operations, but may be this wont be valuable for PAF as they won't consider long range operations.
+
JF17 have limited stations[Pylons], its batter to equip them with weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom