What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is, whom they gonna fight? uk?
noone, the point of keeping a small, effcient and economical airforce is that noone fights them.
i told you both argentina and UK have made peace on falkland islands..they dont like brazil but no big issues

if they had a desire to fight they would have asked for 200 su 30 not few dozen
and yes

well those who keep on bringing AESA
only f-16 (only the E/F) and f-22 have AESA , typhoon and rafale, su 30, j-10 etc dont have an AESA NOW.

regarding future, u can even expect an AESA for jf-17

RAM coating is not cost effective for thunders
and u cant make a thunder stealth. unless u have internal bays
u cant turn a car into a truck

there is no need to reply to people who think jf-17 is related to mig 21..as no matter what u say, they wouldnt understand, they lack the basic knowledge to understand anything

The root of the project goes back to the Mikoyan Design Bureau Project 33 followed by its amalgamation with the Chinese plans to further develop their own Mig-21 which evolved into the FC-1 project.

That's true. Before 1995 MoU between us and China, the project they were pursuing was the Super-7 which is an upgraded Mig.
But FC-1 was a completely different project albeit with the same roots. So I don't think it's right to call it an upgraded Mig-21.

That's true. Before 1995 MoU between us and China, the project they were pursuing was the Super-7 which is an upgraded Mig.
But FC-1 was a completely different project albeit with the same roots. So I don't think it's right to call it an upgraded Mig-21.

I can agree with you, but I was only trying to explain why some Argentinians could think that, that is all.

Argentine air force views and forum warriors views will be different.
The fan boys want F-22, Eurofighter and Rafale.

Reality for them is that at best what they have is Mirage III/V and A-4. And also Western nations still wont give them the aircraft they want or needs thanks to falklands conflicts. Their budget wont extend much too.

The JF-17 is a very realistic option for them, it's cheap and effective, sanction free. Also it will easily be fit to replace their Mirages as PAF is to replace their Mirages with JF-17 too.

How so?

JF-17 is an entirely new aircraft.

The fanboys' reaction doesn't matter at all, it is their government's decision the most important of all.

noone, the point of keeping a small, effcient and economical airforce is that noone fights them.
i told you both argentina and UK have made peace on falkland islands..they dont like brazil but no big issues

if they had a desire to fight they would have asked for 200 su 30 not few dozen
and yes

well those who keep on bringing AESA
only f-16 (only the E/F) and f-22 have AESA , typhoon and rafale, su 30, j-10 etc dont have an AESA NOW.

regarding future, u can even expect an AESA for jf-17

RAM coating is not cost effective for thunders
and u can make a thunder stealth. unless u have internal bays
u cant turn a car into a truck

there is no need to reply to people who think jf-17 is related to mig 21..as no matter what u say, they wouldnt understand, they lack the basic knowledge to understand anything

China can upgrade the AESA for the JF-17 customers at anytime.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...l-provide-aesa-upgrade-customers-jf-17-a.html

The fanboys' reaction doesn't matter at all, it is their government's decision the most important of all.

China can upgrade the AESA for the JF-17 customers at anytime.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...l-provide-aesa-upgrade-customers-jf-17-a.html
thats what i am saying JF-17 is very likely to get an AESA in future..just like rafale or typhoon is expected to get IN AESA IN FUTURE..
so AESA isnt the issue jf-17 is an excellent plane for its SIZE and catergery..

the MOU then changed into complete new project after re negotiation..MoU in jf-17 history should simply be considered as part of collaboration history between pakistan and china...

The JF-17 wont be making sales for richer air forces.
If any AF is to get AESA on JFT within the foreseeable future it will be PAF (if funds permit) or PLAAF (should they choose to induct which is unlikely). Other countries of third world air forces probably wont be demanding AESA especially in the light of the very satisfactory performance of the KLJ-7 and possible tweaking/upgrades. AESA feature for them provides good future scope for upgrade.

The JF-17 wont be making sales for richer air forces.
If any AF is to get AESA on JFT within the foreseeable future it will be PAF (if funds permit) or PLAAF (should they choose to induct which is unlikely). Other countries of third world air forces probably wont be demanding AESA especially in the light of the very satisfactory performance of the KLJ-7 and possible tweaking/upgrades. AESA feature for them provides good future scope for upgrade.

US is selling the F-35 more than $200 million per unit, while the PAK FA's availability is unclear and it won't be cheap either.

The JF-17 is a good 4th gen option for the non-rich developing countries, while the J-31 will be a good 5th gen option.

The root of the project goes back to the Mikoyan Design Bureau Project 33 followed by its amalgamation with the Chinese plans to further develop their own Mig-21 which evolved into the FC-1 project.

soo let me guess something……
Mig-21<F-7<F-7PG<F-7 with around 32Pak upgrades<Project Sabre(Super 7 with Gurruman)<China involvenent in super 7<Pak back off<Gurruman refusal and cansellation of entire project<starting new obe with Miaconni technical help<Pak joining<re designing<FC-1 project<JF-17(change in name
and still JF-17 is Mig 21 yeah its roots are
soo let me show something else

Wright Brothers plane<propeller plane<jet<Fighter<2nd gen<3rd gen<……………any fighter
I respect your views but its for them who still think that JF-17 is Mig-21 just because same engine as main reason(due to sanctations)……if even super 7 was designed then noone could compare it wirh Mig-21……
and roots of F-22,Typhoon and Rafael is wright brothers plane so they all should avoid use of such junky jets……

I think the assumption that JFT is going to work just fine as it is (low tech) will work for most 3rd world Air Forces is seriously flawed, in the last 20 years what have we learned about who or which coalitions have led/are leading wars against 3rd world countries?? And do they operate anything low tech?

Those nations that place a price tag on their independence are increasingly being led to the conclusion that even greater savings will accrue if they take the strategic decision to not put themselves in a position to offer any challenge to the "Coalition"

I think the assumption that JFT is going to work just fine as it is (low tech) will work for most 3rd world Air Forces is seriously flawed, in the last 20 years what have we learned about who or which coalitions have led/are leading wars against 3rd world countries?? And do they operate anything low tech?

Those nations that place a price tag on their independence are increasingly being led to the conclusion that even greater savings will accrue if they take the strategic decision to not put themselves in a position to offer any challenge to the "Coalition"

anything short of nuclear weapons is a waste of money if these 3rd world countries wanted to militarily deter against the US and their "Coalitions". That's why North Korea developed their nukes, and why Iran will probably get theirs. Nope, the jf17 would be used against other countries of similar military might.

anything short of nuclear weapons is a waste of money if these 3rd world countries wanted to militarily deter against the US and their "Coalitions". That's why North Korea developed their nukes, and why Iran will probably get theirs. Nope, the jf17 would be used against other countries of similar military might.

In the Pakistani equation, who might this power of similar military might be ? It can't be India, no serious person can be persuasive in suggesting that Pakistan is India' military equal, so who? And Bangladesh is not India' military equal- so then who?

Any news abt JF17 3rd SQD????

Still no official news abt Block 2 and its specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom