What's new

Join the Directorate General of Inter Services Intelligence (ISI)

It might sound silly but what is height requirement for isi? ..and can a person join it after css and if he is a police officer

No height requirement as far as I know. You can join after CSS / police service but I believe you'd have to sit the exam and go through the process just like everybody else for the Grade 17 intake.

No height requirement as far as I know. You can join after CSS / police service but I believe you'd have to sit the exam and go through the process just like everybody else for the Grade 17 intake.
You still have to go through exam. Also no height requirement is needed.
Is Bs enough or i must do ms too in relative Field to apply for AD??

You still have to go through exam. Also no height requirement is needed.

The CIA, MI6 and others have realized the benefits of dual nationals in external intel ops. They just do extra security checks/clearance but allow dual nationals to apply --- shouldn't we implement a similar system?
On top of not having a more clear application portal (in most developed countries, you can apply directly for operational VS analyst roles --- and subcategories within those) and missing out on some very bright university students, we lose a lot of top talent because of the dual national rule.

There should be a difference between somebody who grew up abroad and has lots of familial and cultural ties there VS. somebody who just inherited the foreign nationality through parents or an investment scheme, etc. It's not like Pakistani citizens (non dual nationals) are super committed to the State and never leak secrets/work for foreign intel. In fact, most high profile cases (e.g. the SPD-related ones recently) have been of full-fledged Pakistani citizens.

Thoughts?

If you have worth and have passionate to serve country they will find you but it is a damn business. It is not about money or power but what skills are you bringing in and how to sharp those skills with training to make you perfect tool aginst our enemies.if somone thinking joining only for gaining power and money then ISI is pretty good to figure out and heavy punsihment for traitor you only can imagined.
ISI business is all about human intellegence network and see very few example of mechincal intellegence business may be we get some new toys from our brother . Fyi Normal army person easily detectable in spy business because of their training and you cant change them.so in my opinion civilan volunteer work is always on going procedure.

The CIA, MI6 and others have realized the benefits of dual nationals in external intel ops. They just do extra security checks/clearance but allow dual nationals to apply --- shouldn't we implement a similar system?
On top of not having a more clear application portal (in most developed countries, you can apply directly for operational VS analyst roles --- and subcategories within those) and missing out on some very bright university students, we lose a lot of top talent because of the dual national rule.

There should be a difference between somebody who grew up abroad and has lots of familial and cultural ties there VS. somebody who just inherited the foreign nationality through parents or an investment scheme, etc. It's not like Pakistani citizens (non dual nationals) are super committed to the State and never leak secrets/work for foreign intel. In fact, most high profile cases (e.g. the SPD-related ones recently) have been of full-fledged Pakistani citizens.

Thoughts?

Inter services is a compartmentalized agency one of the reason for its success but it is limited to HUMINT, they had some equipment pretty spicy stuff but they are far from being at par with other agencies. Unlike CIA and others they lack a blackops unit, a cyber counter offensive wing, and they definitely are missing on not hiring the sociopaths the psychopath who have their value.

There is a third way as well, but even they have to attend the training center post their interview in Pakistan, no exam though one of the reasons I declined their offer twice as I was not willing to travel to Pakistan and attend a training camp, though I did help some of them back in the day. By this way first they check you thoroughly before approaching you and then offer you to work for your country and make it proud. There are tons of volunteers feeding them the info directly or indirectly.

Last edited:
Inter services is a compartmentalized agency one of the reason for its success but it is limited to HUMINT, they had some equipment pretty spicy stuff but they are far from being at par with other agencies. Unlike CIA and others they lack a blackops unit, a cyber counter offensive wing, and they definitely are missing on not hiring the sociopaths the psychopath who have their value.

There is a third way as well, but even they have to attend the training center post their interview in Pakistan, no exam though one of the reasons I declined their offer twice as I was not willing to travel to Pakistan and attend a training camp, though I did help some of them back in the day. By this way first they check you thoroughly before approaching you and then offer you to work for your country and make it proud. There are tons of volunteers feeding them the info directly or indirectly.
For blackops type stuff they use SF

Totally get what you mean.

All agencies worth their salt are compartmentalized. In the ISI's case, HUMINT is the backbone and the SIGINT wing is expected to do --- on a smaller scale --- what the NSA, the world's largest/most expensive, does. Of course this cannot work.

There is absolutely a huge network of patriotic volunteers all around the world --- and paid informants as well.

What I'm talking about is a direct path to apply to specific roles for as part of an officer path --- not an asset, informant, JRO or anything else. The current system means waiting for advertisements from the MOD and, even then, apart from CS people, all the rest go through the same one-size-fits-all grind. What if somebody knows he wants to be an analyst? Another knows he wants to be an operations officer operating overseas while yet another knows he wants to fight terrorists domestically --- and so on. The MI6, CIA, etc., allow applicants --- including dual nationals --- to apply for these officer paths directly through their website.

Thoughts?

Well you can hire any duel national for any specific role but they don’t have the same level of access into the agency like any other normal staff. Most of the dual National are hired for covert operations or for intelligence gathering purpose only and they mostly work in the field which can have both positive and negative effects. This practice is widely used by all major intelligence agencies as you said above including ISI. I remember one incident where Our agency had suffered huge loss due to double crossing as well but again it is one of most common practice to use specially in enemy’s territory. Also In our region due to geographical, cultural and language connectivity it is very easy to penetrate into each other’s land. This has worked well for us as well as for others too.

I think to get access in MI6, one criteria is that you should be British National including your parent as well either your mother or father at least. I have seen their Job advertisement few times in newspapers with all terms and conditions and this was mentioned there clearly But still like any other agencies they do hire foreign national as well where it demands.

Well you can hire any duel national for any specific role but they don’t have the same level of access into the agency like any other normal staff. Most of the dual National are hired for covert operations or for intelligence gathering purpose only and they mostly work in the field which can have both positive and negative effects. This practice is widely used by all major intelligence agencies as you said above including ISI. I remember one incident where Our agency had suffered huge loss due to double crossing as well but again it is one of most common practice to use specially in enemy’s territory. Also In our region due to geographical, cultural and language connectivity it is very easy to penetrate into each other’s land. This has worked well for us as well as for others too.

I think to get access in MI6, one criteria is that you should be British National including your parent as well either your mother or father at least. I have seen their Job advertisement few times in newspapers with all terms and conditions and this was mentioned there clearly But still like any other agencies they do hire foreign national as well where it demands.

You are absolutely correct.

The key differences that I was pointing out were:
1.) Ability to apply for the officer track online against specific routes (Analysts, Clandestine Service, Tech/R&D, etc.)

2.) Ability for dual nationals to apply for the officer track (yes, MI6 has some conditions here --- but, in the end, if you satisfy them and have been living in the UK for 5-10 years, then you can apply; the CIA seems to be more open --- any dual national can apply to be an officer)

3.) The intel academies there are much longer than the ISI course.

4.) The intake/testing is based on aptitude, not memorization of random Pak Studies facts and other obscure knowledge. It is much more modern and focuses on critical thinking, problem-solving, lateral thinking and overall cognitive/intellectual ability --- not knowledge retention.

I think we have suffered as much from Pakistani nationals (no dual nationality) as we have from any dual nationals. The key is to separate the ones who just inherited or got a foreign nationality for ease of intl travel through an investment scheme, etc., VS those who seem to have some real ties to the foreign country. This, of course, requires a much, much, much better clearance procedure --- the current one is pretty trash.

You are absolutely correct.

The key differences that I was pointing out were:
1.) Ability to apply for the officer track online against specific routes (Analysts, Clandestine Service, Tech/R&D, etc.)

2.) Ability for dual nationals to apply for the officer track (yes, MI6 has some conditions here --- but, in the end, if you satisfy them and have been living in the UK for 5-10 years, then you can apply; the CIA seems to be more open --- any dual national can apply to be an officer)

3.) The intel academies there are much longer than the ISI course.

4.) The intake/testing is based on aptitude, not memorization of random Pak Studies facts and other obscure knowledge. It is much more modern and focuses on critical thinking, problem-solving, lateral thinking and overall cognitive/intellectual ability --- not knowledge retention.

I think we have suffered as much from Pakistani nationals (no dual nationality) as we have from any dual nationals. The key is to separate the ones who just inherited or got a foreign nationality for ease of intl travel through an investment scheme, etc., VS those who seem to have some real ties to the foreign country. This, of course, requires a much, much, much better clearance procedure --- the current one is pretty trash.

Yes there is no harm if you need to get any dual National for any specific role as national interests is all matter at the end and all the agencies are doing this including us. I agree that the current security check process is very lame not just in ISI but in Army as well which need to be more tight and comprehensive. You can easily slip through off the radar. We had incidents in the past due to lack of checks. The security check for MI6 and CIA is top class tough but then they have more resources and capacity as compare to us. None the less we are doing good job with our limited budget and when you look things very closely from inside you do realize the hard work and shear amount of work being done.

Last edited:
Yes there is no harm if you need to get any dual National for any specific role as national interests is all matter at the end and all the agencies are doing this including us. I agree that the current security check process is very lame not just in ISI but in Army as well which need to be more tight and comprehensive. You can easily slip through off the radar. We had incidents in the past due to lack of checks. The security check for MI6 and CIA is top class tough but then they have more resources and capacity as compare to us. None the less we are doing good job with our limited budget and when you look things very closely from inside you do realize the hard work and shear amount of work being done.

Absolutely no doubt.

Assalaam o alikum
I want to join ISI as a civilian person, please give me guidance on how to apply
بشری صدیق

Back
Top Bottom