What's new

Just bought a Bike!!

Today, I became a proud owner of a 1997 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - for a very good deal (I hope so). Although I rode numerous motorcycles back in India, this is the first time ever I owned one!! This one simply wants to tear away from regular traffic!!

Will post pics soon. Also I need little help/advice with converting that into a kind of naked bike. I would like to take out the fairings, a little rewiring and give it a more raw look.

Congratulations !!! The max powered bikes we are able to drive here , given Bangalore freeways and sparse traffic in suburbs is aroud 220 , pulsars and the like ...You are Lucky :) ( But as I reckon getting fuel for it will probably burn a hole in your pocket ;) ,mileage must be very low..)

Congratulations brother!Hope you enjoy every bit of riding.Please wear armored jackets,good pair of gloves and a DOT certified helmet while you ride.Please post some pictures(If you want to!).
I've been pestering my parents and asking them to get me an R-15 but i'll have to wait till Christmas(I'll get my license then!).How much did you pay?2grand or less?

R-15 has great looks but it still has certain flaws of balance , tyres , sitting posture etc......given a choice I would rather go for some of the new Yamaha models :) similar power and speeds..

R-15 has great looks but it still has certain flaws of balance , tyres , sitting posture etc......given a choice I would rather go for some of the new Yamaha models :) similar power and speeds..

I'm used to the seating position of the R-15 as I ride my friends' bike often.The tires felt sticky even when I encountered random mofo jay walkers when I was doing good speeds and had to brake hard to avoid them.The Balance is wonderful!!
P.S-I love cruisers but the Avy-220 is a bit too common and the Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark is not as reliable as a Karizma/Fazer!!:undecided:

I'm used to the seating position of the R-15 as I ride my friends' bike often.The tires felt sticky even when I encountered random mofo jay walkers when I was doing good speeds and had to brake hard to avoid them.The Balance is wonderful!!
P.S-I love cruisers but the Avy-220 is a bit too common and the Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark is not as reliable as a Karizma/Fazer!!:undecided:

The Fazer is superb. The looks , pickup , balance - like most yamaha bikes the tyres are broad. I say from experience it rides like a dream but yeah , gives a mileage of around 30 and powers only 150 . Karizma , I heard is not so good .

Cruisers are majestic . Despite the heavy traffic in some of Bangalore's main roads I still see them a lot ,you get used to maneuvering it well after a while . Avenger's common because Bajaj bikes are more reliable than any others in the market ( all the models - 150 , 180 , 220 ,avg ,discvr etc ) , I own one 150 myself :) Royal Enfield- Bullet looks kool but I heard it reverses the position of gear and brakes with brakes on left , gear on right - people have real problems adjusting from other bikes . Dont know much about the performance parameters though .

PS : you said the balance of R15 is great , is it because its very low-set inspite of being real heavy ?

The Fazer is superb. The looks , pickup , balance - like most yamaha bikes the tyres are broad. I say from experience it rides like a dream but yeah , gives a mileage of around 30 and powers only 150 . Karizma , I heard is not so good .

Cruisers are majestic . Despite the heavy traffic in some of Bangalore's main roads I still see them a lot ,you get used to maneuvering it well after a while . Avenger's common because Bajaj bikes are more reliable than any others in the market ( all the models - 150 , 180 , 220 ,avg ,discvr etc ) , I own one 150 myself :) Royal Enfield- Bullet looks kool butI heard it reverses the position of gear and brakes with brakes on left , gear on right - people have real problems adjusting from other bikes . Dont know much about the performance parameters though .

PS : you said the balance of R15 is great , is it because its very low-set inspite of being real heavy ?

Right shifty gear bike is not produced now, RE has changed it... RE doesn't give much power or economy, even pickup is noty great...

Its just gives pride ...

Congrats.

I bought a 50" Panasonic Plasma just two hours before India-Pakistan semifinal!! :tongue: Decided in the morning.

Karizma is the best for touring(My Brother owns one)
Cruisers are majestic . Despite the heavy traffic in some of Bangalore's main roads I still see them a lot ,you get used to maneuvering it well after a while .
I AGREE
Avenger's common because Bajaj bikes are more reliable than any others in the market ( all the models - 150 , 180 , 220 ,avg ,discvr etc ) , I own one 150 myself :)
The Fun starts after 4K RPM in the 150:P
Royal Enfield- Bullet looks kool but I heard it reverses the position of gear and brakes with brakes on left , gear on right - people have real problems adjusting from other bikes . Dont know much about the performance parameters though .
RE's are durable-yes....Reliable-not so much.My father used to ride it when he was young:)

R15 is very light but you can feel the lack of low end oomph easily,but when you start redlining then it brings a wide grin on your face:P
My answers in bold.:)

congrats...thats a really nice bike..keep the rubber side down

try xbhp.com/talkies you will find like minded people there if you are a bike lover.

Congrats. I own a Kawasaki too..mine is a baby ninjs (250). How much insurance are you paying(Mine is with progressive)? Mine started off at $100/month and after 5 years is now at $20.

Get the correct gear(jackets, gloves, knee protector) and plz plz get 2 helmets.

We cheap Indians....:lol:
We beat every body else hands down in bargaining..

That's because you haven't seen Pakistani women bargaining.

My mom for instance can beat anyone hand down in bargaining.

Back
Top Bottom