What's new

Just bought a Bike!!

Today, I became a proud owner of a 1997 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - for a very good deal (I hope so). Although I rode numerous motorcycles back in India, this is the first time ever I owned one!! This one simply wants to tear away from regular traffic!!

Will post pics soon. Also I need little help/advice with converting that into a kind of naked bike. I would like to take out the fairings, a little rewiring and give it a more raw look.

Congratulations !!! The max powered bikes we are able to drive here , given Bangalore freeways and sparse traffic in suburbs is aroud 220 , pulsars and the like ...You are Lucky :) ( But as I reckon getting fuel for it will probably burn a hole in your pocket ;) ,mileage must be very low..)

Congratulations brother!Hope you enjoy every bit of riding.Please wear armored jackets,good pair of gloves and a DOT certified helmet while you ride.Please post some pictures(If you want to!).
I've been pestering my parents and asking them to get me an R-15 but i'll have to wait till Christmas(I'll get my license then!).How much did you pay?2grand or less?

R-15 has great looks but it still has certain flaws of balance , tyres , sitting posture etc......given a choice I would rather go for some of the new Yamaha models :) similar power and speeds..

R-15 has great looks but it still has certain flaws of balance , tyres , sitting posture etc......given a choice I would rather go for some of the new Yamaha models :) similar power and speeds..

I'm used to the seating position of the R-15 as I ride my friends' bike often.The tires felt sticky even when I encountered random mofo jay walkers when I was doing good speeds and had to brake hard to avoid them.The Balance is wonderful!!
P.S-I love cruisers but the Avy-220 is a bit too common and the Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark is not as reliable as a Karizma/Fazer!!:undecided:

I'm used to the seating position of the R-15 as I ride my friends' bike often.The tires felt sticky even when I encountered random mofo jay walkers when I was doing good speeds and had to brake hard to avoid them.The Balance is wonderful!!
P.S-I love cruisers but the Avy-220 is a bit too common and the Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark is not as reliable as a Karizma/Fazer!!:undecided:

The Fazer is superb. The looks , pickup , balance - like most yamaha bikes the tyres are broad. I say from experience it rides like a dream but yeah , gives a mileage of around 30 and powers only 150 . Karizma , I heard is not so good .

Cruisers are majestic . Despite the heavy traffic in some of Bangalore's main roads I still see them a lot ,you get used to maneuvering it well after a while . Avenger's common because Bajaj bikes are more reliable than any others in the market ( all the models - 150 , 180 , 220 ,avg ,discvr etc ) , I own one 150 myself :) Royal Enfield- Bullet looks kool but I heard it reverses the position of gear and brakes with brakes on left , gear on right - people have real problems adjusting from other bikes . Dont know much about the performance parameters though .

PS : you said the balance of R15 is great , is it because its very low-set inspite of being real heavy ?

The Fazer is superb. The looks , pickup , balance - like most yamaha bikes the tyres are broad. I say from experience it rides like a dream but yeah , gives a mileage of around 30 and powers only 150 . Karizma , I heard is not so good .

Cruisers are majestic . Despite the heavy traffic in some of Bangalore's main roads I still see them a lot ,you get used to maneuvering it well after a while . Avenger's common because Bajaj bikes are more reliable than any others in the market ( all the models - 150 , 180 , 220 ,avg ,discvr etc ) , I own one 150 myself :) Royal Enfield- Bullet looks kool butI heard it reverses the position of gear and brakes with brakes on left , gear on right - people have real problems adjusting from other bikes . Dont know much about the performance parameters though .

PS : you said the balance of R15 is great , is it because its very low-set inspite of being real heavy ?

Right shifty gear bike is not produced now, RE has changed it... RE doesn't give much power or economy, even pickup is noty great...

Its just gives pride ...

Congrats.

I bought a 50" Panasonic Plasma just two hours before India-Pakistan semifinal!! :tongue: Decided in the morning.

Karizma is the best for touring(My Brother owns one)
Cruisers are majestic . Despite the heavy traffic in some of Bangalore's main roads I still see them a lot ,you get used to maneuvering it well after a while .
I AGREE
Avenger's common because Bajaj bikes are more reliable than any others in the market ( all the models - 150 , 180 , 220 ,avg ,discvr etc ) , I own one 150 myself :)
The Fun starts after 4K RPM in the 150:P
Royal Enfield- Bullet looks kool but I heard it reverses the position of gear and brakes with brakes on left , gear on right - people have real problems adjusting from other bikes . Dont know much about the performance parameters though .
RE's are durable-yes....Reliable-not so much.My father used to ride it when he was young:)

R15 is very light but you can feel the lack of low end oomph easily,but when you start redlining then it brings a wide grin on your face:P
My answers in bold.:)

congrats...thats a really nice bike..keep the rubber side down

try xbhp.com/talkies you will find like minded people there if you are a bike lover.

Congrats. I own a Kawasaki too..mine is a baby ninjs (250). How much insurance are you paying(Mine is with progressive)? Mine started off at $100/month and after 5 years is now at $20.

Get the correct gear(jackets, gloves, knee protector) and plz plz get 2 helmets.

We cheap Indians....:lol:
We beat every body else hands down in bargaining..

That's because you haven't seen Pakistani women bargaining.

My mom for instance can beat anyone hand down in bargaining.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom