What's new

Karnataka corner!

oh i've been around long..gonna be 15 years now...except for the kannada nazi, nobody bothers as long as the north indian is paying more..

Hmm...pretty long time that....looks like you did part of your schooling/higher education there as well. And we need more Kannada Nazis in Bangalore. No need to bend backwards and compromise forever!:pop:

Hmm...pretty long time that....looks like you did part of your schooling/higher education there as well. And we need more Kannada Nazis in Bangalore. No need to bend backwards and compromise forever!:pop:

It's a dividing factor man, if i agree to you, tomorrow i have to agree to 25 other languages...basically how india becomes a bureaucracy and people blame politicians for their own mess.

things are changing. kannada when mixed automatically, will thrive even in non kannadigas, when pushed upon, will be made fun of behind their backs..it's quite natural that it will happen. no ill will needed.

yeah, i did, my college...not in bangalore, so i know how kannada nazi can get, bangalore kannada nazis are pansies with the grievance that someone else is being given the job in bangalore even though he is not a bangalorean.

It's a dividing factor man, if i agree to you, tomorrow i have to agree to 25 other languages...basically how india becomes a bureaucracy and people blame politicians for their own mess.

things are changing. kannada when mixed automatically, will thrive even in non kannadigas, when pushed upon, will be made fun of behind their backs..it's quite natural that it will happen. no ill will needed.

yeah, i did, my college...not in bangalore, so i know how kannada nazi can get, bangalore kannada nazis are pansies with the grievance that someone else is being given the job in bangalore even though he is not a bangalorean.

Not unless one is planning on staying at 25 places simultaneously does he/she need to learn all the languages. I'd say learning the local lingo is also helpful, as it makes the stay that much more comfortable and interesting.

What you're seeing now is the pendulum trying to swing from end of the extreme to another, which is only natural too. For nearly 5 decades after independence, we were famed for our nirabhimaan towards our language. Only natural that the loathing give way to Durabhimaan. But all said, the pendulum does eventually come to a rest at the centre.

Not unless one is planning on staying at 25 places simultaneously does he/she need to learn all the languages. I'd say learning the local lingo is also helpful, as it makes the stay that much more comfortable and interesting.

What you're seeing now is the pendulum trying to swing from end of the extreme to another, which is only natural too. For nearly 5 decades after independence, we were famed for our nirabhimaan towards our language. Only natural that the loathing give way to Durabhimaan. But all said, the pendulum does eventually come to a rest at the centre.

in a minute..gotta say something here..1 sec..

Yes it is helpful, people do...but that point is very important. the way some..some kannadigas act about kannada, it really bugs people off kannada. the language...promoting a language doesn't involve people talking it alone. that's a nazi and stupid way of thought. retarded if you ask me. no wonder these people have to seek refuge at their language.

calcutta has been seeing influx of people throughout the country since 1900s, since it was the capital of india, since they could get to calcutta. It has become more bengali, remained the language and nobody...nobody will feign ignorance and act like he is deaf if you don't know bengali, they will understand that you do not understand bengali...that's ok and find a halfway to you to communicate.

this bangalorean influx since 2000 and generally bangalore/chennai syndrome of ignoring ordinary people who have not been fortunate to be born in kannadastan or tamilstan, doesn't go down well at all. People start thinking of bangalore as not their place. it harms the city. creates divide within the city. that's how the british ruled us, now we want it to be ourselves.

the middle class is where india's all pendulums come at the centre. So shall this and it always has.Middle class families in India are all the f******* same everywhere. irrespective or language and religion.

Yes it is helpful, people do...but that point is very important. the way some..some kannadigas act about kannada, it really bugs people off kannada. the language...promoting a language doesn't involve people talking it alone. that's a nazi and stupid way of thought. retarded if you ask me. no wonder these people have to seek refuge at their language.

calcutta has been seeing influx of people throughout the country since 1900s, since it was the capital of india, since they could get to calcutta. It has become more bengali, remained the language and nobody...nobody will feign ignorance and act like he is deaf if you don't know bengali, they will understand that you do not understand bengali...that's ok and find a halfway to you to communicate.

this bangalorean influx since 2000 and generally bangalore/chennai syndrome of ignoring ordinary people who have not been fortunate to be born in kannadastan or tamilstan, doesn't go down well at all. People start thinking of bangalore as not their place. it harms the city. creates divide within the city. that's how the british ruled us, now we want it to be ourselves.

the middle class is where india's all pendulums come at the centre. So shall this and it always has.Middle class families in India are all the f******* same everywhere. irrespective or language and religion.

Actually, Kannadigas too, by and large, make it their business to help those who are at an inconvenience even if they aren't speaking Kannada. But what irks Kannadigas in Bangalore the most is to find themselves to be strangers in their own city. Large swathes of the city have Tamil, Telugu or Hindi influence nowadays, and the Kannadiga seems like the odd man out in the mix. It's this trend that has secured a willing backing to some linguistic/cultural Thekedar fringe.

Believe it or not, the number of times I get talked to in Hindi by my own brethren is so high that it's truly sick and ugly.

Actually, Kannadigas too, by and large, make it their business to help those who are at an inconvenience even if they aren't speaking Kannada. But what irks Kannadigas in Bangalore the most is to find themselves to be strangers in their own city. Large swathes of the city have Tamil, Telugu or Hindi influence nowadays, and the Kannadiga seems like the odd man out in the mix. It's this trend that has secured a willing backing to some linguistic/cultural Thekedar fringe.

Believe it or not, the number of times I get talked to in Hindi by my own brethren is so high that it's truly sick and ugly.

That's always there...but actually in bangalore, you can even out the odds of being helped, but then mostly people have forgotten courtesy too...well mannered people who don't like asses are appreciated everywhere.

second part of the thing, the point here is the division itself, hindi, telugu, malayalam, what does it matter ? does it matter ? no it doesn't. now if you start thinking like that, you will be a stranger in modern india. bangalore is just coming to terms to that.

what is there in kannada which is not there in any other language ? don't take it to be a harsh question..it is an argumentative point, hope you understand. tell me that and i will support promotion of kannada throughout india and not just karnataka. like I said, this is a point with no offence..do not take it such.

That's always there...but actually in bangalore, you can even out the odds of being helped, but then mostly people have forgotten courtesy too...well mannered people who don't like asses are appreciated everywhere.

second part of the thing, the point here is the division itself, hindi, telugu, malayalam, what does it matter ? does it matter ? no it doesn't. now if you start thinking like that, you will be a stranger in modern india. bangalore is just coming to terms to that.

what is there in kannada which is not there in any other language ? don't take it to be a harsh question..it is an argumentative point, hope you understand. tell me that and i will support promotion of kannada throughout india and not just karnataka. like I said, this is a point with no offence..do not take it such.

Kannada holds most of the collective thought process of people who have inhabited the land that's now called Karnataka. Is that found any other language of the World? All of our culture is encoded in Kannada. I cannot find a single Hindi poem extolling the virtues of our heroes of old and their deeds or about the rivers that flow through our lands. Why then, should a Kannadiga not be proud of what has been passed on to him by his forefathers and which he can relate to very easily?

The thing is, India is built on the idea of Unity in diversity. And just as it is our duty to preserve this unity, it's equally our duty to preserve it's diversity. Of course, Kannadigas aren't demanding that Delhiites or Mumbaikars or Kolkattans learn Kannada but only those who've taken it upon themselves to reside amongst Kannadigas in Karnataka.

Kannada holds most of the collective thought process of people who have inhabited the land that's now called Karnataka. Is that found any other language of the World? All of our culture is encoded in Kannada. I cannot find a single Hindi poem extolling the virtues of our heroes of old and their deeds or about the rivers that flow through our lands. Why then, should a Kannadiga not be proud of what has been passed on to him by his forefathers and which he can relate to very easily?

Every single language in india does that, that is precisely my point. The concept of a language to inherit land and rivers and the shapes of women's clothing is essential to human nature. I am not disagreeing to that. But, butt...what has that got to do a stanger who comes to your land and wants to communicate with you ? He is not interested till he gets interested in the land the river. You can not force him to spreak your tongue simply because your need is to communicate and not be eloquent. See, it's actually a basic, basic communication issue we are talking about. And, the fact that the stranger is an indian, he is not new to the language being a part of the land. Just because he is standing where he is standing, a part of his country, he needs to speak the language, that idea of "force" itself is going to make him cling onto his own heritage even more, hence, a reddy will make himself as a reddy in bangalore, so will everybody who don't relate to the concept of "force of language" against them.

And I'm not even talking about the physical violence that usually it ends up with as long as kannadigas are greater in number and the cops taking their position alongside the criminals. essentially criminals. It happens in Bangalore, more often than you think.

The thing is, India is built on the idea of Unity in diversity. And just as it is our duty to preserve this unity, it's equally our duty to preserve it's diversity. Of course, Kannadigas aren't demanding that Delhiites or Mumbaikars or Kolkattans learn Kannada but only those who've taken it upon themselves to reside amongst Kannadigas in Karnataka.

And they do. They do learn kannada but...the idea of "force" here also doesn't work. They revert back to their mother tounge in their own homes once the door is closed. They learn kannada, but do not feel attached to it because of the forced factor. See how it harmed the language in the long run.

Understand it dude, everyone's got one his own, why get forced with another when you don't want to be forced to do it ?

Back
Top Bottom