What's new

Karnataka corner!

Bangalore mein kahan rahte hai???
from my experience Kannadigas are the most welcoming peoples in south Indian for outsiders..and least language chauvinist...i have many Kannadiga friends and they never treated me as an outsider...
Kannada seekna bahut mushkil nahi hai..kuch try karo...

I stay near Banashankari...i would say mallus are the least chauvinistic about language..anyway...topic par baat ho rahi thi...i have friends too...of course i will have, itne saal se rah raha hun..

But then, nobody can talk malayalam other than mallus anyway.. :rofl:

Last edited:
No man, it really riles me up when people refuse to acknowledge the bad shit that they themselves are doing. All sorts of logic and pride crops up. And obviously this is not the first time I have done this debate...

:azn: interestingly, the only kannadiga gf of mine also would start this debate and then start throwing non metal objects at me when I would be logically me.. :bunny:
How many gfs you have got? :pissed:

I suggest you learn the language well, also Tulu if possible, Mangalore girls are the best. Next to Kashmiri of course :P

But chauvinism is not high in Karnataka. I keep moving but so far in Bangalore - no issues. I get called Miyaan too many times though :P

:undecided:

last one was a good girl, i miss her, she was a tamil, before that, another bengali...

i keep falling in love all the time...dilphenk aashiq :dance3:

How many gfs you have got? :pissed:

I suggest you learn the language well, also Tulu if possible, Mangalore girls are the best. Next to Kashmiri of course :P

But chauvinism is not high in Karnataka. I keep moving but so far in Bangalore - no issues. I get called Miyaan too many times though :P

:undecided:

last one was a good girl, i miss her, she was a tamil, before that, another bengali...

i keep falling in love all the time...dilphenk aashiq :dance3:

My dearie is Bengali :D and atheist and communist :omghaha:

I am looking for my ultimate girl...man. Now, ultimate girl in the next two years or i join the matrimonial sites and troll girls there. One or two will fall, no ? :partay:

:enjoy:

i have lots of friend from all places, they are all slightly...odd ! :yes4:

There have been an influx of Non-Keralites to Kerala recently. Mallus getting a taste of their own medicine.

I look bengali..I do not look like a kannadiga...it's a different thing that they have a permanent us and them system, very similar to the religious structures..and who said all of them ? Times are changing...

Anyway, I'm done here. No hard feelings bob !

To be fair, Biahris, U.Pites, Punjabis and every state in India engages in this us vs them system.

Hell, I would even encourage that i Keralites as well. No one is going to look out for Mallus except Mallus.

No one is going to look after Kannadigas other than Kannadigas.

There have been an influx of Non-Keralites to Kerala recently. Mallus getting a taste of their own medicine.

To be fair, Biahris, U.Pites, Punjabis and every state in India engages in this us vs them system.

Hell, I would even encourage that i Keralites as well. No one is going to look out for Mallus except Mallus.

No one is going to look after Kannadigas other than Kannadigas.

That is precisely why it is important to not encourage such a mentality. If educated lot go negative and do this stuff, tomorrow we will be jussst like it was yesterday, every two bit smart guy who knows how to play the Indians will play us like the national song. And these very same people will suffer and go into their cocoon even more. It's a vicious cycle and it takes time to break it. Constant struggle nevertheless..

There is a reason why western societies have been open for decades and still haven't lost their identities. And we don't accept things just so slightly different from us.

That is precisely why it is important to not encourage such a mentality. If educated lot go negative and do this stuff, tomorrow we will be jussst like it was yesterday, every two bit smart guy who knows how to play the Indians will play us like the national song. And these very same people will suffer and go into their cocoon even more. It's a vicious cycle and it takes time to break it. Constant struggle nevertheless..

There is a reason why western societies have been open for decades and still haven't lost their identities. And we don't accept things just so slightly different from us.

Except the Genesis of India is a lot more unique. The nation itself is a confederation of nations itself. Let's be honest here, Western nations are far more tolerant of differences than Indians.

As Indians, they will be loyal to India, but they are also loyal to their sub-identities.

Every single language in india does that, that is precisely my point. The concept of a language to inherit land and rivers and the shapes of women's clothing is essential to human nature. I am not disagreeing to that. But, butt...what has that got to do a stanger who comes to your land and wants to communicate with you ? He is not interested till he gets interested in the land the river. You can not force him to spreak your tongue simply because your need is to communicate and not be eloquent. See, it's actually a basic, basic communication issue we are talking about. And, the fact that the stranger is an indian, he is not new to the language being a part of the land. Just because he is standing where he is standing, a part of his country, he needs to speak the language, that idea of "force" itself is going to make him cling onto his own heritage even more, hence, a reddy will make himself as a reddy in bangalore, so will everybody who don't relate to the concept of "force of language" against them.

And I'm not even talking about the physical violence that usually it ends up with as long as kannadigas are greater in number and the cops taking their position alongside the criminals. essentially criminals. It happens in Bangalore, more often than you think.

And they do. They do learn kannada but...the idea of "force" here also doesn't work. They revert back to their mother tounge in their own homes once the door is closed. They learn kannada, but do not feel attached to it because of the forced factor. See how it harmed the language in the long run.

Understand it dude, everyone's got one his own, why get forced with another when you don't want to be forced to do it ?

And I say every single language ought to deserve equal respect. What's the harm in according them their due? And regarding that stranger thingy, I'd say it all depends on how long the stranger wishes to remain the guest and not the family. As I said before, Kannadigas in Bangalore really did bend over and learn the languages of guests in order to interact better with them. But after half a century it was apparent that many guests simply wished to remain guests forever, and weren't even ready to meet halfway across the proverbial bridge.

@Indischer BTW, love your profile photo. where did you find it ? google ?

Thanks man. Yup, chanced across it on the net, like most things these days. :happy:

Last edited:
And regarding that stranger thingy, I'd say it all depends on how long the stranger wishes to remain the guest and not the family.

Btw, regarding the "extra" charges for "outsiders", happens everywhere (cab driver in Kolkata once tried to do a fast number on me & he only thought I was from Delhi; might have tried an even bigger number if he thought I was a "Madrasi"). Tourists always get picked on, scalped. Happens world over, more in India. The common advice is to try & blend in & not look & act like a tourist, That would be an advice available in every good tourist handbook. If one looks, acts & thinks of oneself as a tourist after many, many years, why should anyone be surprised that one is still getting ripped off.

Last edited:
Btw, regarding the "extra" charges for "outsiders", happens everywhere (cab driver in Kolkata once tried to do a fast number on me & he only thought I was from Delhi; might have tried an even bigger number if he thought I was a "Madrasi"). Tourists always get picked on, scalped. Happens world over, more in India. The common advice is to try & blend in & not look & act like a tourist, That would be an advice available in every good tourist handbook. If one looks, acts & thinks of oneself as a tourist after many, many years, why should anyone be surprised the one is still getting ripped off.

If anyone thought Indians were bad in this regard, they only have to look towards the French to feel much better about themselves. Le Francais are notorious! And they're the same folks who've been preaching Liberty, Equality, Fraternity for two centuries now. :lol:

.i would say mallus are the least chauvinistic about language..
thats because Malayalam is pretty much safe in Kerala,about 97% of Keralities speak Malayalam as their mother tongue(Kannada speakers are only 64% in Karnataka)..and also Bangalore has only around 35% ethnic Kannada speakers..on the other hand Kochi(largest city in Kerala) has 95% Malayalam speakers..
its very rare to see a Malayali converse with another Malayali in a language other than Malayalam in Kerala or outside..
but you could see lot of Kannadigas,especially Bangalore Kannadigas speak Hindi/English to his fellow ones..i have come across many of them,who actually take pride in speaking hindi at homes or in public than their mother tongue..

thats because Malayalam is pretty much safe in Kerala,about 97% of Keralities speak Malayalam as their mother tongue(Kannada speakers are only 64% in Karnataka)..and also Bangalore has only around 35% ethnic Kannada speakers..on the other hand Kochi(largest city in Kerala) has 95% Malayalam speakers..
its very rare to see a Malayali converse with another Malayali in a language other than Malayalam in Kerala or outside..
but you could see lot of Kannadigas,especially Bangalore Kannadigas speak Hindi/English to his fellow ones..i have come across many of them,who actually take pride in speaking hindi at homes or in public than their mother tongue..

Don't disagree with you..Mallus are more close knit than kannadigas, mallus have unity regardless of religion, more well meshed society...not saying all is hunky dory, but hey...credit where it belongs. Kannadiagas are like the rest of them south indians, tamils and teleguites...they are casteist. this sect...that sect...they don't respect each other. And, worst part, it's out in the open, and it is accepted to be such. I don't like that. How it came to be and why it is so...I don't know. Hardcore kannadigas are bound together by their language and their religion, which mostly is hindu. Kannadiga muslims don't speak kannada in Bangalore...Only the old ones do. The new ones, young ones, speak hindi with you, speak hyderabadi urdu with each other. Why not like they speak malayalam or bengali in kerala or bengal, where language truly knows no bounds ? Cause of that force factor. respecting kannada has become lip service. Only some hindus who think kannada is going to be soon extinct act like bufoons regarding that.

And regarding that stranger thingy, I'd say it all depends on how long the stranger wishes to remain the guest and not the family. As I said before, Kannadigas in Bangalore really did bend over and learn the languages of guests in order to interact better with them. But after half a century it was apparent that many guests simply wished to remain guests forever, and weren't even ready to meet halfway across the proverbial bridge.

Blame game. Who started it, how it can be...basically a blame game. You know by now, seeing all that you see that blame games do not play well with society. Tell me whom does it hurt ? Karnataka, the society, the people. These reasons are made up ones with grudges behind them. psychological hurt. Honestly, in 97% of the cases in this issue, pardon me for saying so, it's plain butthurt, seeing non kanndigas be better than kannadigas at many things they are supposed to be good at. Truth ain't beautiful.

Btw, regarding the "extra" charges for "outsiders", happens everywhere (cab driver in Kolkata once tried to do a fast number on me & he only thought I was from Delhi; might have tried an even bigger number if he thought I was a "Madrasi"). Tourists always get picked on, scalped. Happens world over, more in India. The common advice is to try & blend in & not look & act like a tourist, That would be an advice available in every good tourist handbook. If one looks, acts & thinks of oneself as a tourist after many, many years, why should anyone be surprised that one is still getting ripped off.

true..very true, very very true...but you know what i am talking about here ? hatred for being different than you, for not naturally speaking kannada. BIG difference man, big difference. And that s*** hurts man..

Anyway, done to death.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom