What's new

Lahore was a Hindu city that has disappeared, says Tarek Fatah

Neutral sources such as The American Archives on indian History or south Asian History or may be the BBC documentary on Indian partition..
No offence sir, but i have read a lot about it. I have met people who came to Pakistan after partition and heard their stories. 1984 slaughters of Sikhs is a reality, even Pakistan People party is a party to this crime.

1000 yrs of Muslim is small period and 68 yrs of hindu rule very large right...the indian logic 101
Once again there was never a 1000 year Muslim rule nor was it absolute like British.Muslims ruled only parts of Bharat and that too was full of revolts,constant wars from Hindu kings.In effect you see we are still 83% Hindus as a population,therefore you failed miserably. Now don't give me that Benevolent Muslim ruler lecture who didn't want to convert Hindus,they tried and failed miserably.

Hahah you guys even killed Gandhi and want Gandhi part 2? Lol that's funny as hell. And no we are not stupid to kill people on what they eat. :) #Peace
Yes you do, kill people for leaving your religion (Apostasy) or blasphemy.
There are no pork eaters in Islamic nations.
Gandhi was killed because of his karma. for siding with Pakistan and Jinnah,while trying to give peace sermons to Hindus.

LOL - Tarek Fatah is the Arundhati Roy of Pakistan.

Anyhow - all major cities in British India were cosmopolitan. The Indian cities are still cosmopolitan but the Pakistani cities are monotheistic. This is just a self-evident fact.

Also, not all territorial awards were made based on religion during the Partition. The Chittagong Hill Tracts were non-Muslims but were awarded to Pakistan. Pakistanis often tell me that Gurdaspur was majority Muslim - but it would be majority Muslim only if you consider Ahmaddiyas to be Muslims. If not, then it was majority non-Muslim.

Once again there was never a 1000 year Muslim rule nor was it absolute like British.Muslims ruled only parts of Bharat and that too was full of revolts,constant wars from Hindu kings.In effect you see we are still 83% Hindus as a population,therefore you failed miserably. Now don't give me that Benevolent Muslim ruler lecture who didn't want to convert Hindus,they tried and failed miserably.

Yes you do, kill people for leaving your religion (Apostasy) or blasphemy.
Gandhi was killed because of his karma. for siding with Pakistan and Jinnah,while trying to give peace sermons to Hindus.
Gandhi wanted to live in Pakistan which mightily annoyed Jinnah - in fact, he was going to go to Pakistan a couple days after the day he was assassinated. When India and Pakistan were busy hoisting their flags - he was in Bengal trying to stop riots. I realize he is not popular these days - but in many ways - he will always remain what India can only aspire to be.

Arundhati Roy speaks some sense, this guy Tarek is not in Pakistan and lives in next level of delusions. I haven't seen him proposing a single practical solution of problems in Pakistan.

Gandhi wanted to live in Pakistan which mightily annoyed Jinnah - in fact, he was going to go to Pakistan a couple days after the day he was assassinated.
I don't think there was animosity towards Gandhi at all. Gandhi ji was something and Jinnah also knew it.

Dr Tarek Fatah needs to visit Lahore and Karachi before commenting on the plight of religious minorities.
I don't think he has ever been to Pakistan and has made such uninformed remarks based purely off of the few articles he may have read on the internet.

Anyhow - all major cities in British India were cosmopolitan. The Indian cities are still cosmopolitan but the Pakistani cities are monotheistic. This is just a self-evident fact.

Also, not all territorial awards were made based on religion during the Partition. The Chittagong Hill Tracts were non-Muslims but were awarded to Pakistan. Pakistanis often tell me that Gurdaspur was majority Muslim - but it would be majority Muslim only if you consider Ahmaddiyas to be Muslims. If not, then it was majority non-Muslim.

Gandhi wanted to live in Pakistan which mightily annoyed Jinnah - in fact, he was going to go to Pakistan a couple days after the day he was assassinated. When India and Pakistan were busy hoisting their flags - he was in Bengal trying to stop riots. I realize he is not popular these days - but in many ways - he will always remain what India can only aspire to be.
Gandhi only gave peace sermons to pacify Hindus but never the rioting Muslims, his Double standards were exposed in Moplah riots ,Direct Action day and many other incidents.So yeah he is unpopular,but he will be forgotten in future.
"He will remain what India can only aspire to be"? As in a Pacifist state who takes beating day after day and will still want to be friends with Pakistan?

Gandhi only gave peace sermons to pacify Hindus but never the rioting Muslims, his Double standards were exposed in Moplah riots ,Direct Action day and many other incidents.So yeah he is unpopular,but he will be forgotten in future.
"He will remain what India can only aspire to be"? As in a Pacifist state who takes beating day after day and will still want to be friends with Pakistan?

Actually he made Suhrawardy admit that he was responsible for the riots and this led to peace in Bengal. No, as in someone who realized that after all the violence ends, you still have to sit down and talk - so you might as well resolve your issues by talking. He preached peace to everyone who cared to listen. Anyhow - we are each entitled to our views.

Arundhati Roy speaks some sense, this guy Tarek is not in Pakistan and lives in next level of delusions. I haven't seen him proposing a single practical solution of problems in Pakistan.

I don't think there was animosity towards Gandhi at all. Gandhi ji was something and Jinnah also knew it.
Arundhati Roy is now so far left wing that I think even the left wingers in India think she is a complete nutcase.

Arundhati Roy is now so far left wing that I think even the left wingers in India think she is a complete nutcase.
I partially agree with this statement. Yes she swims in deep waters of far left but this guy Tarek- aah i don't even wanna talk about it.

No offence sir, but i have read a lot about it. I have met people who came to Pakistan after partition and heard their stories. 1984 slaughters of Sikhs is a reality, even Pakistan People party is a party to this crime.
1984 Slaughter of Sikhs is related to the after math of Indira Gandhi assassination.. Close to some 2000 Sikhs were murdered all over India.. It was a sudden emotional response by congressmen and congress supporters to the death of their beloved prime minister..

Actually he made Suhrawardy admit that he was responsible for the riots and this led to peace in Bengal. No, as in someone who realized that after all the violence ends, you still have to sit down and talk - so you might as well resolve your issues by talking. He preached peace to everyone who cared to listen. Anyhow - we are each entitled to our views.
But Jinnah never listened to his peace talks nor did the Direct Action day or Moplah rioters.It was only the gullible Hindus whom he could con successfully with his Peace talks.

He should marry Christine Fair. The two's hate for Pakistan would create a real strong bond between them. Instead of the usual I love you, I love you more, No I love you more, You would instead hear from their house, I hate Pakistan, I hate Pakistan more, NO I hate Pakistan more :)

PS: As previous members have stated he's a real self hater who'l do anything to please his mainly white definitely islamophobic target audience.

I think the author is referring to the Ramayan History of Lahur, which is the city ruled by Lava, the elder son of Lord Ram..
That dates back to 1000s of years before the birth of Christ.. Islam was comparatively much newer a religion, and you are referring to the Islamic architecture that happened Lahore in the last few centuries in Lahore..I think it might have been a Hindu dominant region but over a period of time the concentration of Muslims must have got increased and after partition the remaining hindus must have also got migrated to different places..

No, that is not what happened..??You should try reading some neutral resources on this issue..

He referred to partition of British India. Lahore was like today a predominantly Muslim populated city at that time.

Christians can and do consume pork in Pakistan. No problem. Hunting parties after hunting wild boar usually give it to Christians or other non-Muslims who wish to consume it. No problem with us. Tell me about India? Does someone object to Muslims consuming cow meat? I hope not!

He should marry Christine Fair. The two's hate for Pakistan would create a real strong bond between them. Instead of the usual I love you, I love you more, No I love you more, You would instead hear from their house, I hate Pakistan, I hate Pakistan more, NO I hate Pakistan more :)

PS: As previous members have stated he's a real self hater who'l do anything to please his mainly white definitely islamophobic target audience.
Haha..Good one..

Every European and Russian city/town was following pagan religions before being christian, what kind of stupid thread is this. Chrisitianity was middle eastern religion, today most of its adherents are in the west, Jews were middle eastern, today most of them are Ashkenazis (European Jews), Islam started in middle east, today more than 70% muslims are Non-Arabs...why are my fellow Indians here always jacking off to historical religious conversions !!!

Back
Top Bottom