What's new

Legend of Ayub Khan.

“How many aircraft did you shoot down, Haider?” I replied: “None, sir, but my Squardon led me destroyed eleven enemy aircrafts.” I had felt like asking him, which gallantry in the battle field won you the Hilal-e-Jurat, Mr President?”

Thoughts of S Sajad Haider while receiving Sitara-e-Jurat from Eyub Khan​
How the medals were distributed like candies post 1965 war, just read the book “Ayub Khan Fauji Raj Key Pehlay Das saal” by Gauhar.Altaf, the Information Secretary of Ayub Khan. More light is shed by General KM Arif in his book, Khaki Shadows: Pakistan, 1947-1997. General Arif in writes in his book that in the immediate aftermath of the 1965 War “Pakistan suffered a loss of a different kind…Soon after the War the GHQ ordered all the formations and units of the Pakistan Army to destroy their respective war diaries and submit completed reports to this effect by a given date. This was done? Their [the war diaries'] destruction, a self-inflicted injury and an irreparable national loss, was intellectual suicide.” So basically there was no real record available, yet the medals were distributed like candies. General Arif fought in 1965, and was the most influential officer after General Zia.

Dear friends I deeply apologize for missing these

His legends of “legends

• Indus water treaty:hitwall::hitwall:
• “Miss calculated” operation Gibraltar:hitwall::hitwall:

Also this “great warrior” had very fishy character as a soldier.

It is also said that “he chicken out at Burma front”

I hope some military professional would shed some light

Also this “great warrior” had very fishy character as a soldier.

It is also said that “he chicken out at Burma front”

I hope some military professional would shed some light
An MP might not shed any light for obvious reasons but in the words of General Sher Ali, “Ayub’s knowledge of strategy was limited to barrack and battalion” and he was removed by General Reese in the Burma campaign of 1945 for declining the command of an operational regiment in front of the officer corps".

Source: Ayub’s diaries in perspective By S. Sajad Haider. DAWN - Editorial; June 03, 2007

An MP might not shed any light for obvious reasons but .....................................".

Source: Ayub’s diaries in perspective By S. Sajad Haider. DAWN - Editorial; June 03, 2007

To some extent you are right, all MP here are not at very senior level. Professional honesty decreases / vanishes as you go high in ranks. I believe at junior and midlevel MP are very honest so someone may come forward

How the medals were distributed like candies post 1965 war, just read the book “Ayub Khan Fauji Raj Key Pehlay Das saal” by Gauhar.Altaf, the Information Secretary of Ayub Khan. More light is shed by General KM Arif in his book, Khaki Shadows: Pakistan, 1947-1997. General Arif in writes in his book that in the immediate aftermath of the 1965 War “Pakistan suffered a loss of a different kind…Soon after the War the GHQ ordered all the formations and units of the Pakistan Army to destroy their respective war diaries and submit completed reports to this effect by a given date. This was done? Their [the war diaries'] destruction, a self-inflicted injury and an irreparable national loss, was intellectual suicide.” So basically there was no real record available, yet the medals were distributed like candies. General Arif fought in 1965, and was the most influential officer after General Zia.

Just imagine when IA was planning to cross the international border and our units were playing some football match in Lahore Garrison. Our intelligence agencies were spying on opponents of Gen Eyub Khan instead of IA. When IA invaded their attack was foiled by handful of soldiers.

No inquires, no investigation but instead he became self proclaimed Field Marshal.

To some extent you are right, all MP here are not at very senior level. Professional honesty decreases / vanishes as you go high in ranks. I believe at junior and midlevel MP are very honest so someone may come forward
I don’t want to get into who is what; I have seen well documented and irrefutable facts been turned and twisted in order to favor military people irrespective of how much poorly they performed professionally, morally, and how much damage they caused to this country. When it comes to them, they are considered not any less than prophet himself.

Just imagine when IA was planning to cross the international border and our units were playing some football match in Lahore Garrison. Our intelligence agencies were spying on opponents of Gen Eyub Khan instead of IA. When IA invaded their attack was foiled by handful of soldiers.

No inquires, no investigation but instead he became self proclaimed Field Marshal.
Details are provided in the books I mentioned, do read if you get some chance.

Last edited:
There was no justification for his action.He should have been court martialed the very moment he decided to stage a coup.

There was no justification for his action.He should have been court martialed the very moment he decided to stage a coup.

Court martial of a Gen is the tradition which is not our army’s tradition. Can some one tell me how many times it happened, I think none. Only action I remember against ay Gen ranked officer is in Gen Asif Nawaz Gunjua’s tenur on some moral issues.

One more legend of this “great” soldier

At one people from services used to have god like image among masses. Highly respected and honored. Even heroes of even romantic novels used to be military officer. But from his era these feeling started vanished, in Gen Zia-i-Haq’s period it became prominent but reached at ultimate height in Gen Mushraff’s time.

At least I pray to God that his legend must stop at Mushraff

I don't know much about Him , But i love him because of 1965 War. and Also He was Resident of my City.

That can be started but at the same time politicians, bureaucrats, media and other officials should also go through similar proceedings for supporting a General.

ZA Bhutto supported Gen. Ayub
Nawaz Sharif supported Gen. Zia
PML-Q supported Gen. Musharraf
CJP Iftikhar supported Gen. Musharraf (check this picture) :rofl:

http://sherryx.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/justice-iftikhar-chaudhry1.jpg

I am no supporter of military rule but I will not support an attempt to punish only the Generals. :no:

That can be started but at the same time politicians, bureaucrats, media and other officials should also go through similar proceedings for supporting a General.
To some extent not full; Generals can takeover because they have the power of the gun. They need no support from any body so long they are getting the full support from their parent Institution.

ZA Bhutto supported Gen. Ayub
Wrong; ZA Bhutto was in no position to support Ayub, as his political career started only after 1966. Before 1966, Bhutto was a bureaucrat, who was hand picked by Pakistan’s first Military Dictator Iskander Mirza (for the record, Iskander is the great grandson of Mir Jaffer the traitor). Later Ayub inherited ‘Zulfi’ from Iskander and continued to groom him like his predecessor. For the reference please read Qutrat ullah Shahab’s “Shahabnama”, Altaf Gouhar’s “Ayub Khan Fauji Raj Key Pehlay Das saal”, and Mirza, Humayun’s “Plassey to Pakistan”.

Nawaz Sharif supported Gen. Zia
Wrong again; Nawaz’s political career started under the supervision of General Zia, hence he was in no position to support Zia. Since when Dad’s need the support of their own kids while they themselves are supporting the education and training of their kids?

PML-Q supported Gen. Musharraf
Wrong once again; PML(Q) was never in a position to help Musharraf. Thanks to the support of Musharraf in form of his direct orders to rig the elections through ISI that PML(Q) came into power in the first place. Again the source of Musharraf’s power was not the rubber stamp parliament, but the Army and America. The recent interviews of Choudhry brothers, Mushahid, Ejaz ul Haque and other key members/leaders of PML(Q) all point to that fact not other way around. As soon as Musharraf lost Army’s support (after stepping down from COAS’s position), PML(Q) could not even win the majority seats let alone supporting him.

If Musharraf was so much dependent on PML(Q)’s support, he could have never changed the two PMs one after other and replaced the last one with a US Citizen who did not even have the Pakistani ID/passport. This all happened because PML(Q) was relying on Musharraf/Army’s support for their own survival. The poor folks were not even in the position to support themselves, how on earth could they have supported their master?

CJP Iftikhar supported Gen. Musharraf (check this picture) :rofl:
Mr. Iftikhar simply outmaneuvered the commando; instead of resigning in the wake of the first LFO, he decided to stay back and acted when the time was right. The honorable Justices, who resigned in 1999, albeit of their high moral character and professionalism, could do nothing against the unconstitutional and illegal rule of Musharraf. Thank God, Mr. Iftikhar decided to ‘live today, fight tomorrow’. It was nothing but the courage and steadfastness of honorable Justice Choudhry that eventually resulted in the disgraceful demise of the dictator.

Was there not a time when even Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) opted to go for Sulah Hudaibya over open confrontation with the powerful enemy?

I am no supporter of military rule but I will not support an attempt to punish only the Generals. :no:
You indeed are a supporter of dictators and dictatorships; Your every single post points to this fact. You neither believe in democracy, nor in the law and justice, both the hallmarks of a dictator supporter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom