What's new

Looks like a Chinese carrier-based fixed wing AEW

Good work China :enjoy:

So are they going to place them on Varyag or a future aircraft carrier.

Not the Vayag because it is a piece of sh1t skii jumper that cannot launch fixed wing AEW. Hopefully the next carrier has catapult.

They don't, but the fact that the AEW plane is in China, parked behind a chinese J-10.. doesn't make it a chinese AEW.

it looks like an E-2, it has the dimensions of an E-2 and if it is in china, it probably means china got their hands on one from somewhere...

get it now ?

IS IT A GAG

Looks like a Chinese carrier-based fixed wing AEW

J10B%2Bplus%2BAWACS.jpg

New%2BAEW%2Btype%2Bmaybe%2B-%2Bin%2Bflight%2B1.jpg

KJ-20%2B20110504082432921843%255B1%255D.jpg

#########################################

Yes, they are the carrier based AEW for the future Chiense carriers.

2 under construction now and will be lunch by 2015.

3 AC battle groups!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Good work China :enjoy:

So are they going to place them on Varyag or a future aircraft carrier.

Future AC, the current Varyag does not have catapul can not lunch AEW.

which photo exactly looks like the plane has jet engines ?

On that first photo. See that sort of double stack cylinder tube like structure beneath the wing?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Would having a jet engine make it more likely to be able to take off from a ski jump?

I would assume so, because speed is a requirement to get enough air pressure under the wings in order to take off.

On that first photo. See that sort of double stack cylinder tube like structure beneath the wing?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I would assume so, because speed is a requirement to get enough air pressure under the wings in order to take off.

I don't think it would be enough to put enough pressure for an AWAC though. Ah well, helicopters are fine.

Errrmmm.... guys .. look the photo below..

Reagan-E-2-HAWKEYE-LANDING-2-a.jpg

the double stack cylinder is the turbo bit from the turbo prop !!!!!!!!!!

Errrmmm.... guys .. look the photo below..

Reagan-E-2-HAWKEYE-LANDING-2-a.jpg

the double stack cylinder is the turbo bit from the turbo prop !!!!!!!!!!
Good job. I was waiting for someone to show these guys that.

Prop planes actually work better than jets from a carrier. The props "bite" very well and provide gobs of thrust at lower speeds. But more than anything, it's wing loading that matters. Jets have high wing loading and get their best lift at much higher speeds, hence the need for a catapult.

WW2 carriers didn't even have catapults. Catapults were developed to deal with jets.

Prop planes actually work better than jets from a carrier. The props "bite" very well and provide gobs of thrust at lower speeds. But more than anything, it's wing loading that matters. Jets have high wing loading and get their best lift at much higher speeds, hence the need for a catapult.

WW2 carriers didn't even have catapults. Catapults were developed to deal with jets.

Can prop AWACs take off from a carrier? Is it possible?

If you mean something the size of the E-3, not really, as it is simply too big and heavy. Of course the E-2's do it all the time.

Does the catapult have anything to do with the E-2s taking off though? I keep hearing that catapults are necessary for fixed wing AWACs but I think that if the carrier was just long enough there's no need for a catapult (for jets the length would be impractical but what about props?)

I also think that catapults working with prop planes may damage the props?

Back
Top Bottom