What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

After the whole Bajwa fiasco, I will reserve my pov for later but based on our history, nothing good can come out of this.
Bajwa isnt isolated incident but shows the combine rot of an institution. So it doesn't matter if it's Asim Munir or Sahir or Faiz or Azhar, they all represent what's wrong with this institution.

One of the first acts that the new Chief needs to undertake is:
Remove the DG ISI and DG ISPR. Their actions in the last few months have hurt the institution immensely.
Their removal will also give the Chief some space to bring things back to a manageable position.

Put in play a number of JAG run investigations around corruption within the military.

The Chief also needs to stay within the ambit of his mandate.
Internal political wings of Intel agencies need to be curtailed. Gathering Intel they should do - but not get involved in petty issues.

The Chief should then bring together the Constitutional Heads of all Branches. We literally have 6 months if that to turn things around economically. If that. It might already be too late.

Deep stagflation (is what I have projected 7 months), now the possibility of a Currency meltdown is on the horizon.

Just so we all know what that means:
Essentially Rupee becomes worthless. Wages fail to keep up with cost of living. Wage inflation makes products and services out of reach. Businesses begin to shutter. Commodities and utilities cost go through the roof. People unable to afford lighting their house, cooling it and heating it. Massive inflation with stagnation in economy. The only tool SBP has is interest rates which they will exhaust. Pakistan's economy grounds to a halt. Civil and military expenditure comes crashing down. Massive layoffs in all institutions. Pakistan's economy literally grinds to a halt.

Develop consensus for new elections. Only way to turn this ship around.

Legally, if Bajwa doesn't retire before 27th, he can't become the COAS.

However, we should fine with him becoming the chief. If am amendment in the law comes to President, he should immediately approve it.

You will hear parwari cheekhain in the coming days in Shaa Allah. :cheesy:

--------

By the way, I have heard that Imran khan is ok with the appointment. Lets see if my information is correct.
I think its is better for many reasons. First of all, I dont know who spread that IK doesn't like Asim. If yes, it is better that PTI will remain in check. I believe that Faiz wd have done the same. I was vouching for Gen Nouman, somehow I assume he wd work for AI enabled drones in army.

But extremely happy that we mustn't bypass seniority. Else, future Lt Gens wd just appease a PM to be selected as COAS, and hence get politicized.

So this is standard of a senior member. Sharing tweets of none other than Veena Malik regarding upcoming COAS. You should be proud of your uplifted standards.

So only some high priest is permissible to speak his mind about a departmental head ?

Veena Malik is also a supposed to be free Pakistani citizen and can express her views ------.

After the whole Bajwa fiasco, I will reserve my pov for later but based on our history, nothing good can come out of this.
Bajwa isnt isolated incident but shows the combine rot of an institution. So it doesn't matter if it's Asim Munir or Sahir or Faiz or Azhar, they all represent what's wrong with this institution.

Bhai ab majboori hai inki halat sahi karnay pareingay, merit lana parega.

Mulk default hogaya to naa chai bananay kay liye gas hogi, na hi army ka tank chalnay kay liye diesel.

hum Pakistani qoum ko us waqt khayal ata hai jab doodh mein ufaan ajata hai, aur degchi ki side pe doodh jal jata hai.

ye qudrat ki taraf se extra lifeline mili hai. remember that neogeo metal slug game? 😁

So basically what you wanna imply here that appointment of Gen Asim Munir as new COAS is a massive success of Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi Sahab. It means President should have approved summary immediately. It means there was no need of President's visit to Zaman Park Lahore. Every single second which Imran Khan will take will testify Imran Khan's victory of his mind game. Every single hour would be great for the stand still three quarter of nuclear armed personals. Every hour Imran Khan would take will make leave long lasting positive impression. Your thesis here has real validity issues.
@N.Siddiqui @PakSword @Areesh
What do you think? What PMLN wanted?
as SS has left for Turkey. SO, if Alvi hasn't approved, what wd have happened? also, it somewhat mended IK and army relation as IK's heli can land in army facility for the ceremony.

It's the first time people have shown their power of dislike.

Do you think anyone can sleep peacefully after reading remarks about him on the social media? General Bajwa will probably suffer from mental illness for the rest of his life.

Pakistan's problem has always been the awam.. this awam has made a simple 22 grade officer's position equivalent to a king. It's awam that showers flowers when an army chief overthrows a constitutionally elected government. This time, people have stood up. Now if our politicians play it right, no army chief will dare to go against the wishes of the people. Did you see the face of Bajwa yesterday? It was like he was facing extreme pressure. He wasn't in his senses. And he couldn't do anything.

I have been an admirer and a critic of Imran khan. He has done some mistakes as we all do. He ignored some corruption as well (I won't go into the detail of that). But the best thing he has done so far.. that he has taught Pakistanis that their power is above any 22 grade position. He stood his ground even after he got shot. No other politician has dared to do that before him.

If the new chief follows the foot steps of the old one, he will share the same fate as the previous one. But for now, lets not make him controversial. Just wait for a few days and then decide.

As people, we shouldn't expect anything from him other than non interference of any kind.. whether it's pro government or anti government. He should focus on what he has been hired for and paid for. Any thing more or less, and he will get the wrath of awam. This thing is very much clear.
Nicely put.

Pakistan's political order was RESET by Bajwa and crimes of the political elite are being whitewashed by a compromised judiciary in the present.

I am not sure what COAS Munir can do about this political reset, and so soon. This is not supposed to be his job, honestly. People should not drag COAS into political scene again.

COAS is Best Fit for keeping the military on professional footing, managing security dynamics of the country, and facilitate Foreign Affairs to the benefit of the country.

Least controversial pathway is for the general elections to take place and see which party is able to create next government. If the Public is really sincere about the country then it should hand over two-third majority to PTI and see what it can do for the country with this level of representation.

But with great power, also comes great responsibility. Khan should work with COAS Munir for managing security dynamics and facilitate Foreign Affairs to the benefit of the country.

Change will be slow to materialize in my view but possible.

Back
Top Bottom