What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

I am not sure why people are automatically judging this guy, please give him Time and lets see what he is all about, can't do any worse than Disgraced Bajwa. The PDM cannot solve the economic crisis.

Billion dollars Question is is this guy willing to continue on the same path as his predecessor,

General Hafiz Syed Asim Munir Shah, COAS-designate,
🇵🇰

Former DG ISI
Former DG Military Intelligence
Former Corps Commander XXX Gujranwala Corps
Former Commander Force Command Northern Areas
Former Quartermaster General
Hafiz-e-Quran
23 Frontier Force Regiment

It's the first time people have shown their power of dislike.

Do you think anyone can sleep peacefully after reading remarks about him on the social media? General Bajwa will probably suffer from mental illness for the rest of his life.

Pakistan's problem has always been the awam.. this awam has made a simple 22 grade officer's position equivalent to a king. It's awam that showers flowers when an army chief overthrows a constitutionally elected government. This time, people have stood up. Now if our politicians play it right, no army chief will dare to go against the wishes of the people. Did you see the face of Bajwa yesterday? It was like he was facing extreme pressure. He wasn't in his senses. And he couldn't do anything.

I have been an admirer and a critic of Imran khan. He has done some mistakes as we all do. He ignored some corruption as well (I won't go into the detail of that). But the best thing he has done so far.. that he has taught Pakistanis that their power is above any 22 grade position. He stood his ground even after he got shot. No other politician has dared to do that before him.

If the new chief follows the foot steps of the old one, he will share the same fate as the previous one. But for now, lets not make him controversial. Just wait for a few days and then decide.

As people, we shouldn't expect anything from him other than non interference of any kind.. whether it's pro government or anti government. He should focus on what he has been hired for and paid for. Any thing more or less, and he will get the wrath of awam. This thing is very much clear.

You are right. We shall not pre-judge the new COAS. I have deleted my posts against him.

Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza..

1669302826446.png

Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza belongs to the Sindh Regiment, he was the Director General Military Operations during the tenure of General Raheel Sharif.
Lt. Gen. Sahir Shamshad Mirza supervised operations against terrorists in North Waziristan.
He was part of the Inter-Afghan Inter-Afghan Negotiations Co-lateral Coordination Group.
Sahir Shamshad Mirza was also a member of Gilgit, Baltistan Reforms Committee.
As Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza was also appointed as Chief of General Staff.
Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza is currently the Corps Commander of 10 Corps Rawalpindi of Pakistan Army.

One of the stupidest posts I have ever read! Shows how pea brained some people here are.

Son, neither nawaz sharif is so stupid to ask for such assurances nor is any general (ANY!) stupid enough to provide such assurances.

You have a lot to learn if this is your thinking. Preferences are made on reports, perceptions, chatter from those who might know about views/leaning of certain generals.

If one was to think like you, musharraf gave assurance to NS before becoming COAS that he would boot him out and put him in jail for life!:lol:

Oh and Bajwa must have assured NS that he would remove him as PM and get him disqualified for life. :lol:

Did I forget Raheel Sharif's assurances? Well let's leave it for another day.

You have a lot to learn.

All I asked you is to refrain from giving silly sweeping statements without knowing anything. Give the man a chance to show his stuff. Then criticize him all you want.

I told you earlier debating with you is waste of time.

Grand Son, Lt Gen can give assurances to become COAS but then its up to him whether he fulfill those assurances or not after becoming COAS. This is what I said in my first post. Read that again.

We are talking about NS who also made Lt Gen Zia ud din butt as COAS.

For idiots like you, everything is honky dory where Gen and then COAS are chosen based on pure merit and there is no cure for you lot. You born as stupid and then die as stupid.

Last edited:
So, why SA is against or presumably against Asim Munir? Or Iran was against it for some reason?
Was Asim transferred from DG ISI, as he was pointing out Buzdar's corruption or of everyone like Aleem and Tareen? So, perhaps Bajwa ousted him. :P

Last edited:
am nobody's slave nor a fool. That actually describes a patwari like you. Do you know what patwari means?

For the record I consider Sharif family as corrupt to the core. I have supported new elections demand from IK since April. I think Bajwa's role in the last 7-8 months has been deplorable.

That DOES NOT mean I consider Imran Khan as same sort of God or Devta and believe or support everything he says or does.

Intelligent people make up their minds on issues based on best available

I don't either. Imran Khan can go to hell for all I care. I'm just against all corruption in any form.

General Hafiz Syed Asim Munir Shah, COAS-designate,
🇵🇰

1669303878717.png

Former DG ISI
Former DG Military Intelligence
Former Corps Commander XXX Gujranwala Corps
Former Commander Force Command Northern Areas
Former Quartermaster General
Hafiz-e-Quran
23 Frontier Force Regiment

The intuitive, gut feeling of many here seems as though this change of guards will do a lot of good to the country, and the Army in particluar which was getting all the ridicule and hatred for the actions of few Generals as the top brass, the rot was at the top.

And Arshad Sharif, shaheed always mentioned few men in the Army, few men who are stooges of PMLN in the core, internal cell who was doing all this and the few black sheeps which are to be tamed and removed.

The insitutions are bigger than the few individuals.

Back
Top Bottom