What's new

Lt.Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa the new COAS - Lt.Gen Zubair Hayat new CJCSC.

Please don't compare them with us..

Has ever our PM showed his identity card to an ordinary security guard to enter in a school?
If you don't like what the PM is doing, vote him out in the next elections but who the hell are government servants to question his authority?

If 200 million people can't select decent politicians, the onus lies on them. Government servants have no authority to decide what is good or bad for the country. If after 70 years, we can't get our act together as a nation, then nobody else will rectify the situation.

Do you know all of the wars, which 4 caliphs been through?
Can you name any notable Muslim from those wars?
Did you ever ask book reference from defence.fake.pk?

تو اس کا مطلب ساری ہوائی فائرنگ تھی ابھی تلک؟

If you don't like what the PM is doing, vote him out in the next elections but who the hell are government servants to question his authority?

If 200 million people can't select decent politicians, the onus lies on them. Government servants have no authority to decide what is good or bad for the country. If after 70 years, we can't get our act together as a nation, then nobody else will rectify the situation.

I only said, and I am saying again, please don't compare their democracy with our democrazy.. We have a 'Z' instead of 'C' in the spelling. Hope you won't mind.

100000000000000000000Percent agreeee

That's the thing. He shouldn't be selecting a chief based on who he is most comfortable in order to protect his own butt but rather based on who is the most competent and deserving of the job.
The appointment of the COAS is a DISCRETIONARY POWER of the PM. It is automatically assumed that the decision was made in good faith.

And how do you define merit for a COAS? Popularity on PDF or twitter? Do you think that Army should send recommendations for its own boss? How come the institution select its own boss?

These DISCRETIONARY powers are necessary for some posts as merit can't be defined. In addition, these powers are the symbol of the authority of the Chief Executive. They meant for keeping control over the institutions.

Last edited:
100000000000000000000Percent agreeee

یار اتنا بڑا سارا اگری کرنے سے پہلے یہ تو پوچھ لیتے کہ پاکستان میں زیادہ تر ووٹر کہاں تک تعلیم یافتہ ہیں اور کیا وہ پارٹی کا منشور پڑھ اور سمجھ کر ووٹ دیتے ہیں؟

یار اتنا بڑا سارا اگری کرنے سے پہلے یہ تو پوچھ لیتے کہ پاکستان میں زیادہ تر ووٹر کہاں تک تعلیم یافتہ ہیں اور کیا وہ پارٹی کا منشور پڑھ اور سمجھ کر ووٹ دیتے ہیں؟
Bhai main jitna parha hn main tu apna decision le sakta hn na. mujhy dosrun se nahn apne ap se kam shoru karna chahye

Tilik is what hindu women put on their forehead.
If you can't name a single Muslim of those wars, neither the name of those wars, than you suerly not need to know anything from that part of history.

Khalid Bin Al Waleed -- Battle of Maraj-al-Debaj

One is enough or more required? :D

Now please write a name of one notable non-Muslim who was part of Muslim Army..

Bhai, this is for my own knowledge... I want to increase my knowledge as you seem to have lots...

OH MY GOD people here are so stupid. You guys are not seriously questioning the authenticity of the new COAS. What the hell is wrong with you guys? The guy has already served his country for more then 35 years. And involving politics into this? Really? Bajwa didn't supersede anyone; all the other 4 generals were from the same long course, and if not promoted would have retired anyways. Stupid idiots. People need to understand that the days of coups are over. Army's policy has changed. General Kyani had the chance to take over, he didnt. Pagal Khan and Sheeda tali tried their best to deteriorate the law and order situation to a point that army take-over was certain (and i think its safe to say he did a pretty good job at that) - but general Raheel didn't over throw the government. Please do not think of this appointment as part of Nawaz's evil plan or something. Oh, and you guys are discussing political affiliations of the army generals you haven't even met as if you know them for decades. Bhai aaam bnda politics is tarah discuss nae karta, let alone generals :omghaha: :sarcastic:. Phuppo ka beta lga huwa ha, ya bachpan ka dost tha?.
I know almost everyone hates nawaz over here but please dont let the hate overshadow the fact that Pakistan Army is a highly professional and capable institution, which produces nothing short of exceptional soldiers. The chief represents the army. Agr naya cheif nae pasand to defence forum pe kia kar rahe ho? dufah ho jao, spread your bs elsewhere.
Moderators should ban everyone spreading rumours. I personally recommend tsarbombas name. Peace!
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD! PAK FAUJ ZINDABAD!

I only said, and I am saying again, please don't compare their democracy with our democrazy.. We have a 'Z' instead of 'C' in the spelling. Hope you won't mind.

We (you and me included) are responsible for democrazy. A system of governance is a reflection of a nations collective mindset.

No government servant is going to change the system. It's our damn job and we are not doing it.

Bhai main jitna parha hn main tu apna decision le sakta hn na. mujhy dosrun se nahn apne ap se kam shoru karna chahye

Yehi tou hai, when economy is based on trillions of rupees loan, only you being literate will know about the repucussions, not a illiterate person. And last I checked, there are more illiterates in Pakistan than literates.

I don't accept the figure of more than 50% literacy as it is based on the number of people who could only write and read their names..

We (you and me included) are responsible for democrazy. A system of governance is a reflection of a nations collective mindset.

No government servant is going to change the system. It's our damn job and we are not doing it.

How am I responsible when government has the responsibility to provide education to ordinary people who elect their masters? It is a vicious circle my friend. If governments start providing education, people will start to understand their policies, and hence will not vote them..

The appointment of the COAS is a DISCRETIONARY POWER of the PM.

Here I completely agree with you.

But being a citizen of "democrazitic" country, I have a right to criticize the decision of my country's PM. Do you have any problem with this?

I am quite sure India factor would have played a big role in deciding Bajwa. He looks the toughest one out of the candidates by face expressions... Someone who can really lead in case of war

If looking toughest by face expressions is an quality required for a WAR then Arnold should be the US army chief for his entire life .You should talk about his profile like him commanding the important 10 Corps instead

OnTopic: All the best for the new COAS

New COAS will carry forward General Raheel Sharif’s mission: Kh Asif
8 MINS AGO BY PAKISTANTODAY

Federal Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Saturday expressed the hope that the new Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa would carry forward the mission of his predecessor General Raheel Sharif.

“I pray for the success of General Qamar Javed Bajwa,” Khawaja Asif said in an interview with the press shortly after the appointments of new army chief and CJCSC were announced.

“Two of the best officers of Pakistan Army have been selected for the positions of Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC),” he said.

General Raheel Sharif has spearheaded the recent step up in efforts against terrorism on Pakistani soil, including overseeing the Operation Zarb e Azb in North Waziristan, and the National Action Plan in the rest of the country.

General Qamar Javed Bajwa takes over charge of Pakistan Army from General Raheel Sharif as the new COAS, while General Zubair Mahmood Hayat takes over the post of CJCSC. These changes come to us at a time when tensions with India have rocketed along the Line of Control, after an attack at Uri in Indian Occupied Kashmir.

To a question, Khawaja Asif said that Pakistan was facing the daunting challenges of terrorism and border tension with India.The nation, he said, stands shoulder to shoulder with the government and armed forces of Pakistan. – SAMAA

Back
Top Bottom