What's new

Major General Adil Rehmani Appointed GOC SSG

1625165162538.png

Why do the armed forces feel compelled to put these publicity pieces out there? World doesn't have to know about these purely professional matters.
I think this is a norm in any professional military unit. When it comes to Special forces or intelligence units, they of course don't reveal the identities of operators but do publicly disclose/announce the identities of their chiefs/commanding officers since they act as the face of the unit, for public appearances and PR

I'd assume for such specialized units, its actually other undisclosed senior officers who do most of the planning and responsible for taking strategic/tactical decisions while such publicly disclosed GOCs only act as a face

Last edited:
We have to learn how to hide the identify of our commander of an elite force. These little things carry more strategic importance than buying fancy hardwares. However, this things do not come easy when we still carry our painful colonial legacies in all walks of life with surprising glory

We have to learn how to hide the identify of our commander of an elite force. These little things carry more strategic importance than buying fancy hardwares. However, this things do not come easy when we still carry our painful colonial legacies in all walks of life with surprising glory
That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. What would that even achieve?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom