What's new

'Mujib: The Making of a Nation' releases today in 200 halls

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

'Mujib: The Making of a Nation' releases today in 200 halls​

"Mujib: The Making of a Nation", the much-anticipated biopic of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, is released today nationwide in more than 200 halls.

The film, a joint production between Bangladesh and India, has been directed by master filmmaker Shyam Benegal.
The film received a clearance certificate on July 31 of this year from the censor boards of both countries.

Read more

Bangabandhu biopic ‘Mujib’ drops its only song ahead of release

Arifin Shuvoo leads the ensemble cast as the title character of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in this film. At the same time, Nusrat Imrose Tisha plays Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib, the lifelong better half of the Father of the Nation.
Actress Nusraat Faria portrayed Bangabandhu's elder daughter and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

The biopic also features popular actors Chanchal Chowdhury, Prarthana Dighi, Tauquir Ahmed and others in different roles, and the entire trailer showcases some of the powerful and majestic moments from Bangabandhu's epic journey to the road of the country's independence.
The music of the film is produced by acclaimed Indian music director Shantanu Moitra, and the Bengali dialogues are penned by Sadhana Ahmed, Gias Uddin Selim, Shihab Shaheen and Anam Biswas from Bangladesh.
Shooting of the film started in Mumbai, India in January 2021 and concluded in December of the same year.

Mujib biopic will present Bangladesh history to people: PM​

I hope Mujib biopic would present the correct history of our liberation war. People from all walks of life had contributed to our freedom struggle. It was not a one man show. The whole nation fought against the Pakistani army and they deserve recognition.

never in my wildest dreams had I ever even thought that this day would come
a day when there would be a yawning chasm between the Army and the Pakistani populace

It took around 50 years for the remaining Pakistan to see what actually happened in 1971.

How does the biopic end? Do they show how Mujib and his family were found the next day?

My point exactly. Do they show how he turned into a tyrant for his own people, and was eventually killed by them too, or do they label it as "ISI ki saajish" like the pajeets???

The propaganda film is likely to portray that elements supportive of Pakistan killed Mujib.

Ironic how Mujib suffered the same fate as Gandhi. Shot dead by the same people they alleged to have freed.

I hope Mujib biopic would present the correct history of our liberation war. People from all walks of life had contributed to our freedom struggle. It was not a one man show. The whole nation fought against the Pakistani army and they deserve recognition.

Mujib was in house confinement in Pakistan when ex- East Bengal Regiment people were fighting a bloody war. He was not involved in the govt. in exile in India, his daughter was in confinement in Dhaka with the rest of Mujib's family (they used to get monthly stipend and protection from Pakistan Army). Mujib had planned all this with Bhutto in a show for all to see while Bengalis were getting gunned down like banana trees in the war.

Mujib did not do jack squat except some showy rabble-rousing up to March 25,1971.

Once East Pakistan was "liberated" - he alights from the airplane in Dhaka with a Pakistani Passport and becomes "father of the nation" all of a sudden.

I am disgusted at Shyam Benegal the intellectual whore - for stooping down so low and producing a pack of lies to help Hasina win the next election with her propaganda.

Last edited:
My point exactly. Do they show how he turned into a tyrant for his own people, and was eventually killed by them too, or do they label it as "ISI ki saajish" like the pajeets???

He was less of a tyrant (to do that you need half a brain) but incapable of controlling the faida-uthana looteras around him. Total mismanagement - just like his daughter is doing today.

She is one upping him even farther, by stashing away billions overseas and appointing inept family members to cabinet posts.

Last edited:
Mujib didn't break Pakistan. The general people with the help of India and the East Bengal regiment broke Pakistan. Mujib was not even a Muktijoddha and spent his jail time in West Pakistan until Bangladesh was liberated.

There was no general revolt against the state of Pakistan in Bengal. India orchestrated guerrilla warfare and overran Bengali territories of Pakistan in a cleverly designed hybrid war.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom