What's new

'Mujib: The Making of a Nation' releases today in 200 halls

Selectively quoting posts out of context is a typical trolling which you are now using as your defense after pretending to be intellectual. Can't be more embarrassing!

Chetona club? lol

@Bilal9 bhai how much do I score on chetona bar? :lol:

You score zero - I am happy to report! :lol:

What is this guy talking about? Celebrating 1947?

What about the people who laid down their lives in 1971?

I think he is living in his own private Idaho as far as his beliefs.

I have never even heard any Bangladeshi mooting this sort of idea, they'd get laughed out of the room.

I am not a chetona faker myself, so he maybe preaching to the choir. I am not big on wearing khadi, doing Panta-Ilish and deriding people for their Islamic beliefs on Mother Language Day (which is kind of shirq-based anyway) offering Ganda Phool on an inanimate object smacks of idolatry which Chetona folks think is acceptable. It was a brilliant idea hatched by Kolkata Dadas (like Barkat of 1952 fame). Pseudo-Hinduism without express symbols.

But we Bangladeshis are an open-minded bunch and I'd ask him to explain why we should celebrate 1947 Indian independence and not our own independence.

Last edited:
That is what I was trying to tell this guy. I personally know educated members of the Ahsan Manzil family and other old-culture families in Dhaka. Although they do speak chosht Lakhnavi Urdu at home (which was, and remains a common tradition in educated Muslim families like the Suhrawardis from Calcutta as well - dating from Murshidabad times) - this does not mean that they do not speak Bangla in public with people like myself, that is impractical.

In fact I have been trying to pick up Urdu from these same Urdu-speaking friends - slow progress.

When a community lives in a place for generations, it's only natural they would adopt local culture and customs.

I'm acquainted with some of the members of the Ispahani family, their history in this country is even much younger than the Ahsan Manzil family. Yet, never found them struggling to speak Bangla. Here's an interview of Salman Ispahani,

The culture of educated Muslim families in all of India at the time was to adopt Lakhnavi Urdu as common language, starting from Murshidabad, to Hyderabad, Kolkata and yes, even Dhaka. But I know Hyderabadi Muslims also speak Telegu and Dhaka's old Muslim families now speak Bangla,

Why there should be issues I do not know. Some people are trying to "invent" issues. No one is trying to "impose" a language...

That is quite spot on. The Aligarh University played a prominent role in this regard. My great grandfather was an Aligarh alumni and he used to speak fluent Urdu as my father says. He even used to keep a small journal to write in Urdu.

Many of the Dhaka folks who speak Urdu at home are (like you said) limited to old Dhaka neighborhoods, belong to Shi'i Islam as a religion - which does not mean that their children have not ventured beyond their usual environs. These people are just as big a part of the cultural milieu we call Bangladeshi and they all speak Bangla in public as a rule. Ditto for most Sylhotis and Chatgaias.

I can see veiled attempt to drive wedges between us Bangladeshis by outsiders using various cultural and linguistic tropes - but ours is already a small country, this is pointless. Outsiders gain advantages when they can succeed in dividing us.

If people do not like Bengalis, they can stop speaking Bangla and not come into Bangladesh, as easy as that. One cannot expect us to change our common language for some.

Bangladesh is not a multicultural place, it is far more homogenous than other places in South Asia. Which I'd say is a great strength. Some Indians are after it, that is all.

I agree with each and every word. It is also high time for us Bangladeshis to stop getting pachar moto dui bhag hoye jawa.

You score zero - I am happy to report! :lol:

What is this guy talking about? Celebrating 1947?

What about the people who laid down their lives in 1971?

I think he is living in his own private Idaho as far as his beliefs.

I have never even heard any Bangladeshi mooting this sort of idea, they'd get laughed out of the room.

I am not a chetona faker myself, so he maybe preaching to the choir. I am not big on wearing khadi, doing Panta-Ilish and deriding people for their Islamic beliefs on Mother Language Day (which is kind of shirq-based anyway) offering Ganda Phool on an inanimate object smacks of idolatry which Chetona folks think is acceptable. It was a brilliant idea hatched by Kolkata Dadas (like Barkat of 1952 fame).

But we Bangladeshis are an open-minded bunch and I'd ask him to explain why we should celebrate 1947 Indian independence and not our own independence.

I would rather celebrate the founding of Muslim League by Sir Salimullah in 1906 before thinking about celebrating the events of 1947.

Last edited:
When a community lives in a place for generations, it's only natural they would adopt local culture and customs.

I'm acquainted with some of the members of the Ispahani family, their history in this country is even much younger than the Ahsan Manzil family. Yet, never found them struggling to speak Bangla. Here's an interview of Salman Ispahani,

That is quite spot on. The Aligarh University played a prominent role in this regard. My great grandfather was an Aligarh alumni and he used to speak fluent Urdu as my father says. He even used to keep a small journal to write in Urdu.

I agree with each and every word. It is also high time for us Bangladeshis to stop getting pachar moto dui bhag hoye jawa.

I would rather celebrate the founding of Muslim League by Sir Salimullah in 1906 before thinking about celebrating the events of 1947.

Well spoken @Species bhai. Couldn't have said it better myself... :-)

Why did you call me 'lad'? Lad= A boy or young man.

Manushkey shomman ditey janena.

Jodi nai janey - shomman ta pabey kibhabey? :(

Khub e dukkhojonok...

Shahriar Kabir should cut off his moustache, give up and get back to secret Hindu Devi Aradhana in his private closet. He is old and will meet his maker soon.

Ek waqt namaaz adai korsey boila mone hoina.

I don't know why people call him Murgi Kabir, but I'm sure there is a Shan-e-nazool. :-)

View attachment 987124
Shahriar Kabir will certainly be gladly reverted to his original Muchi gotra. He looks like one of them.

Shahriar Kabir should cut off his moustache, give up and get back to secret Hindu Devi Aradhana in his private closet. He is old and will meet his maker soon.

Ek waqt namaaz adai korsey boila mone hoina.

I don't know why people call him Murgi Kabir, but I'm sure there is a Shan-e-nazool. :-)

View attachment 987124
@Bilal9 , bhai ere dari rakhte bolen. Karon er bap Naren kakar ( Narendra Modi) dari ache!

Do the names like Shahriar Kabir, Muntasir Mamun, and Asaduzzaman Nur ring the bell?
I used to be fan of Asaduzzaman Nur for his acting skill! However I personally don't like him as a human being because of his Hindutva nature!

But the other two are pure piece of sh1t without any quality! However perhaps both Murgi Kabir and muntasir mamun are better actor than Nur in real life!

Even some di.e hard Mujib worshipper who truly aren't Indian stooge dislike Muntasir Mamun and Murgi Kobir!

It's amazing , but it's true! There are still some good people in BAL , but since politics is their religion and Mujib Hasina duo are their deity , so they can't go against them!

It's amazing , but it's true! There are still some good people in BAL , but since politics is their religion and Mujib Hasina duo are their deity , so they can't go against them!
Maybe there are some BAL people with good hearts but believe me most of them are proponents of Akhand Bharat.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom