What's new

'Mujib: The Making of a Nation' releases today in 200 halls

Try me instead of barking ! I'm sure if I gave you a tough Bengali sentence you couldn't translate it - despite help from Google and Chat GPT. Some education. :lol:

And stop using Yi(dd)ish terms. Doesn't suit goims like you.

Even Yah(oo)ds don't use them much anymore.

@saif bhai look at this "so called educated" idiot and see him being happy about ignorance. :lol:

I don’t claim to be a great Bangla “scholar”.

My Bangla is enough for social setting.

And tbh that’s all the Bangla one needs.

It’s not a great language and never will be.

I'll learn Bangla after I've learned Urdu and Farsi.

The amount of original work in Bangla is minuscule.

If you want first hand account of Mughal history - you need to learn Urdu and Farsi.

Translations are always biased and taken out of context. You are at the mercy of the translator.

There’s a reason Muslims are required to read the Quran in Arabic.

@Bilal9 will no doubt want you to read the Bangla translation 🤣🤣

Last edited:
@saif bhai - let's test this idiot's Bengali, since this piece-of-work claims to be so "educated" and qualified to be such a India pa-chata bootlicker,

One Bangla word - translate !

পপাত ধরণীতল

One Bangla/Sanskrit line from Kalidasa's description of Yakshapriya in Meghdoot - translate in full !

তন্বী শ্যামা শিখরিদশনা পক্ববিম্বাধরোষ্ঠী

Try me instead of barking ! I'm sure if I gave you a tough Bengali sentence you couldn't translate it - despite help from Google and Chat GPT. Some education. :lol:

And stop using Yi(dd)ish terms. Doesn't suit goims like you.

Even Yah(oo)ds don't use them much anymore.

@saif bhai look at this "so called educated" idiot and see him being happy about being ignorant. :lol:
@Bilal9 bhai you can start a new topic to teach Bengali to people who want to learn it. Name the topic as Vocab. Please don't forget to pin it up. Thanks. :-)

@Bilal9 bhai you can start a new topic to teach Bengali to people who want to learn it. Name the topic as Vocab. Please don't forget to pin it up. Thanks. :-)

Thanks - Bhai, I will ask the mods to pin it. Let's see the interest first.

Where did you get this information from, idiot? Pakistani army butchered East Pakistani Muslims just for being Bengalis.
That's not true. They systematically killed maloons and Islamic named Tagore lovers.

@saif bhai - let's test this idiot's Bengali, since this piece-of-work claims to be so "educated" and qualified to be such a India pa-chata bootlicker,

One Bangla word - translate !

পপাত ধরণীতল

One Bangla/Sanskrit line from Kalidasa's description of Yakshapriya in Meghdoot - translate in full !

ভাই, মাফ চাই। এই বাংলা @IndianLite কেনো আমিও পারবো না। এতো কঠিন বাংলা আপনি শিখলেন কোথা থেকে?:happy:

I don’t claim to be a great Bangla “scholar”.

My Bangla is enough for social setting.

And tbh that’s all the Bangla one needs.

It’s not a great language and never will be.

The amount of original work in Bangla is minuscule.

If you want first hand account of Mughal history - you need to learn Urdu and Farsi.

Translations are always biased and taken out of context. You are at the mercy of the translator.

There’s a reason Muslims are required to read the Quran in Arabic.

@Bilal9 will no doubt want you to read the Bangla translation 🤣🤣

When it comes to urdus history as it developed as a language, you will see that many Urdu poets and literary figures hailed from East Bengal whom contributed to its development as a language. We have our own version of Urdu.

The Ahsan manzil family as well as their extended family spoke dhakaiya Urdu and NOT Bangla. Their community had to hide under the Bengalee identity after 1971 but, they are anything but bengalee. The dhakaiya Urdu people's are alive and well in desh and have been their for centuries.

One of my friends is a surgeon in Canada is part of an initiative to raise awareness of the dhakaiya Urdu community and has invested time in editing the dhakaiya Urdu wiki page:

Last edited:
ভাই, মাফ চাই। এই বাংলা @IndianLite কেনো আমিও পারবো না। এতো কঠিন বাংলা আপনি শিখলেন কোথা থেকে?:happy:

Elementary Sanskrit shikhsilam sotobelai (class eight e) Pandit er kas thekey. Quran/Diniyat and Sanskrit. Nice combination.

Amader friend to ar parbey na - tai ami boli.

পপাত ধরণীতল "Popat dhoronitol" means kissing the ground after losing balance. It's a common expression in mid 19th century Bangla.

About Kalidasa's description of Yaksha's lover Yakshapriya in Meghdoot - this is kind of tough sounding but once you decipher the Juktakkhor (joint words like in German) it is simple (which is the description of this very attractive young woman).

"Tonni Shyama Shikhoridoshona Pokkobimbadhoroshthi"

তন্বী = sylph (Slender young lady shaped like a doe)
শ্যামা = Dusky Lady
শিখরিদশনা = Beautifully arranged shapely teeth
পক্ববিম্ব = অধর or বিম্ব (lip shaped fruit) usually means লাল ঠোঁট Ripe red lips
ধরোষ্ঠী = conjunction of two terms - "dhor" means "belonging to" and "Oshtho" or "Oshthi" means ripe juicy lips নীচের বা উপরের ঠোঁট

Yes Kalidasa as usual was a horndog...but all poets describing women more or less are.

সে তন্বী, শ্যামা, সুন্দর শিখর যুক্ত তার দাঁত, পাকা বিম্ব ফলের মত তার ওষ্ঠ ও অধর

Not trying to show off or anything, I find these descriptions interesting - that's all.

Last edited:
When it comes to urdus history as it developed as a language, you will see that many Urdu poets and literary figures hailed from East Bengal whom contributed to its development as a language. We have our own version of Urdu.

The Ahsan manzil family as well as their extended family spoke dhakaiya Urdu and NOT Bangla. Their community had to hide under the Bengalee identity after 1971 but, they are anything but bengalee. The dhakaiya Urdu people's are alive and well in desh and have been their for centuries.

One of my friends is a surgeon in Canada is part of an initiative to raise awareness of the dhakaiya Urdu community and has invested time in editing the dhakaiya Urdu wiki page:

If members of the Ahsan Manzil family live in Bangladesh - they are Bangladeshi. End of story.

I know several folks from that family personally. We always speak in Bangla with them.

What language they speak at home are not relevant. We have a common language - Bangla.

We exchange our most common thoughts and emotions in that language.

We can speak other languages and I have nothing against Urdu, Hindi or other languages (I speak some basic Urdu myself) - but Bengali remains lingua franca in Bangladesh.

Bangla is no longer a common language in Eastern India, the kids there are more comfortable speaking in Hindi and English.

Some can hardly read or write Bangla.

Ergo - the honor and responsibility to preserve Bangla as a language is now ours in Bangladesh.

Elementary Sanskrit shikhsilam sotobelai (class eight e) Pandit er kas thekey. Quran/Diniyat and Sanskrit. Nice combination.

Amader friend to ar parbey na - tai ami boli.

পপাত ধরণীতল "Popat dhoronitol" means kissing the ground after losing balance. It's a common expression in mid 19th century Bangla.

About Kalidasa's description of Yaksha's lover Yakshapriya in Meghdoot - this is kind of tough sounding but once you decipher the Juktakkhor (joint words like in German) it is simple (which is the description of this very attractive young woman).

"Tonni Shyama Shikhoridoshona Pokkobimbadhoroshthi"

তন্বী = sylph (Slender young lady shaped like a doe)
শ্যামা = Dusky Lady
শিখরিদশনা = Beautifully arranged shapely teeth
পক্ববিম্ব = অধর or বিম্ব (lip shaped fruit) usually means লাল ঠোঁট Ripe red lips
ধরোষ্ঠী = conjunction of two terms - "dhor" means "belonging to" and "Oshtho" or "Oshthi" means ripe juicy lips নীচের বা উপরের ঠোঁট

Yes Kalidasa as usual was a horndog...but all poets describing women more or less are.

সে তন্বী, শ্যামা, সুন্দর শিখর যুক্ত তার দাঁত, পাকা বিম্ব ফলের মত তার ওষ্ঠ ও অধর

Not trying to show off or anything, I find these descriptions interesting - that's all.
তা আমাদের @Blue Ocean ভাই সবসময় আমাদের জ্ঞানহীন, মূর্খ বলে গালি-গালাজ করেন। তার বাংলা জ্ঞান কতটুকু তা একটু দেখতে চাই। তার কি সাহস হবে এখানে একটু বাংলা জ্ঞান দেখাতে?

তা আমাদের @Blue Ocean ভাই সবসময় আমাদের জ্ঞানহীন, মূর্খ বলে গালি-গালাজ করেন। তার বাংলা জ্ঞান কতটুকু তা একটু দেখতে চাই। তার কি সাহস হবে এখানে একটু বাংলা জ্ঞান দেখাতে?

@Blue Ocean is wrong!

You two aren’t illiterates.

You are worse!

You are semi literates!!!

Olpo shikka is worse!!!

If members of the Ahsan Manzil family live in Bangladesh - they are Bangladeshi. End of story.

I know several folks from that family personally. We always speak in Bangla with them.

What language they speak at home are not relevant. We have a common language - Bangla.

We exchange our most common thoughts and emotions in that language.

We can speak other languages and I have nothing against Urdu, Hindi or other languages (I speak some basic Urdu myself) - but Bengali remains lingua franca in Bangladesh.

Bangla is no longer a common language in Eastern India, the kids there are more comfortable speaking in Hindi and English.

Some can hardly read or write Bangla.

Ergo - the honor and responsibility to preserve Bangla as a language is now ours in Bangladesh.

I never said they weren't bangladeshi. I said they are not Bengalee. Saying they are not Bengalee does not mean someone is not Bangladeshi. They have Bangladeshi nationality, and that's where it ends. They have had to hide their heritage since 1971 out of FEAR.

Unfortunately, you don't know any of them, so you wouldn't know. If DM facility was available, I would gladly introduce you to them on social media and the efforts they are engaging in to raise awareness of their people and dhakaiya urdu. Bangla being Lingua Franca is debatable as it would be rare for anyone of them to speak even conversational level Bangla (pre 1971). Prime Minister Nizamuddin had to have his speeches translated into Bangla which is common knowledge.

Bangla language movement has come full circle and now multiple movement for recognition of indigenous languages of BD are taking off vying for recognition. Not state recognition, but recognition that they are not a lower, corrupted form of Bangla. We are not Bengalee. The bangla language movement was nothing more than a ethnic fascist language supremacist movement led by useful idiots to give some form of rationalisation for breaking Pakistan. @IndianLite

Whether you know Hindustani is irrelevant.

I never said they weren't bangladeshi. I said they are not Bengalee. Saying they are not Bengalee does not mean someone is not Bangladeshi. They have Bangladeshi nationality, and that's where it ends. They have had to hide their heritage since 1971 out of FEAR.

Unfortunately, you don't know any of them, so you wouldn't know. If DM facility was available, I would gladly introduce you to them on social media and the efforts they are engaging in to raise awareness of their people and dhakaiya urdu. Bangla being Lingua Franca is debatable as it would be rare for anyone of them to speak even conversational level Bangla (pre 1971). Prime Minister Nizamuddin had to have his speeches translated into Bangla which is common knowledge.

Bangla language movement has come full circle and now multiple movement for recognition of indigenous languages of BD are taking off vying for recognition. Not state recognition, but recognition that they are not a lower, corrupted form of Bangla. We are not Bengalee. The bangla language movement was nothing more than a ethnic fascist language supremacist movement led by useful idiots to give some form of rationalisation for breaking Pakistan. @IndianLite

Whether you know Hindustani is irrelevant.

Bangla and Bangladeshi are not synonymous.

Just as English and British are not synonymous. Welsh and Irish have their own language but are British.

Bangladeshi is the Muslim culture of East Bengal.

Bangladeshi is a cultural identity not a linguistic identity.

Bloody Hinduvta chetona buggers want to restrict Bangladeshi to the Bangla language.

Bangladesh was born out of the need to have a separate homeland for Muslims of east Bengal.

To preserve and safeguard their Muslim identity. Not to safeguard Bangla!!!

I still maintain Bangladesh’s civil service and academic language should have been English.

With Urdu and Bangla maintained as mother tongues.

Primary objective of Bangladesh is to preserve the Muslim identity of East Bengal. It is not to preserve the Bangla language!!!

I recently watched a few documentaries on Sheikh Mujib. My intention is not to upset any of our Bangladeshi brothers and sisters but rather to share different perspctives on the circumstances that led to his tragic assassination. These documentaries offer insights from two distinct, non-Bangladeshi viewpoints, shedding light on the complex events surrounding this historical incident.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom